After apple and boot widget monitor goes to sleep

SD223

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Id like to say thanks inadvance for the responses.

I am running lion, and I changed the string in /extra/com.apple.bios.plist to one given to me by a program. I was trying to get my apple store to work. After restarting however the I am able to see the grey apple logo and the gear. Once the computer is in OSX before I can see anything the GPU turns display to the monitor.

I have tried '-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@85" platform=ACPI or platform=X86PC', GraphicsEnabler=No but still having no luck in getting in to reset my com.apple file. If there is a way to restore it, I have been keeping a recovery drive. I just can't get to it outside of OSX.

My gpu is a GTX260 on a EVGA x58

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know as well if you need additional information.

why would u use string ? i have gts250 and works fine with GraphicsEnabler

try -v -x UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

or u can try to boot -v -x -s

single user wont have graphics.. use nano to edit the file

Thanks for the quick response, soln 1 didn't work so i proceeded to solution 2. But when i try to edit using Nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist or /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist I can't save it. i think I am a single user since it hasn't asked me to enter my password. Right now Im trying to use the backup i had saved to desktop but even that one won't save when I edit it. Thanks sorry my bach isn't that great. Any help with this much appreciated.

even with sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist I get the error: Read-only file system

unable to change permissions using sudo chmod 555 followed by file name.