Checking Compatibility of Audio, Graphics & Wireless with Lion

gary4gar

1 post in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I checked the HCL for Compatibility with my system. It turns out, I have the "right" system for Mac with . However, I am not so sure about the following three:-

Audio: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01) -- On board sound chip on gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l rev 1.x

Graphics: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) -- On board Graphics on gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l rev 1.x

Wireless: Asus PCE-N13 Wireless Card(RaLink RT2860).

with Audio: Doesn't work Out-of-the-Box but good news is that all people have reported that sound works on this motherboard but everyone has suggested different methods to get it working. further, there some has reported issues like low volume, lot of static noise(with

voodoohda driver.

) or sound only working from Front audio jacks.

with Graphics:

I think I would have to get a new external graphics card as Intel Graphics doesn't seems to support QE/CI. so please kindly suggest a lower-end graphics card as I am only get a card for getting QE/CI to work.

with Wireless:

RT2860 has have

drivers for

Mac OSX made available by Ralink but there seems none for 10.7. But, I have seen

on Lion. Not sure how well

so my question is,

Can Lion run well enough to be my main OS(replacing Windows)? by well enough I mean things like Skype, Audio, graphics, sleep, wireless etc should work at decent speed.

lspci.txt

system_config.txt