[How To] Lenovo z370 (i3-2330m HD3000(8086 0116))

rockinron_1

120 posts in this topic

you would have to do it in the terminal (i'm not giving you a tutorial of how to do this, google is your friend).

in theory you shouldn't make it unable to boot if your playing with battery kexts but its not impossible.

i think you'll find a dsdt edit is necessary to make the sensor work without panic but given your a newbie to os x i would imagine this is beyond you. in a few weeks time i will be working on it

by all means try to install the battery kexts but don't expect it to be stable when running them.

did you mange to replicate the panic you got before?

Other people seems to have a stable rig with the set-up you have so there's no reason you shouldn't have provided you can live without the battery sensor hence if you can get me a print screen of when it panics i should be able to sort it

Just make sure your booting with -v then when it panics you can tell its the battery kexts which are causing it (if yours doesn't panic with them installed you'll be the only person out of everyone I've helped where it doesn't - usually takes a couple of hours for it to happen)

Laptop was running since my last post and I rebooted it 10 min ago (-v activated all the time), but until now there was no kernel panic. Seems to work pretty good.

So keep your fingers crossed ;)

DAMN-GOOD-NEWS-EDIT: I'm using the kexts for almost a day now and they work like a charm :) Had no kernel panics or something else disturbing. May you test them too, so we can be sure that they'll work?

I have tested them, so have others. It will cause panic, give it time.

My HDMI works fine but you have a different graphics card / processor to me so unfortunately i can't help you there (although others with the same set-up as you have it working so it must be possible)

Okay, I will wait :) Just read that Apple may put nvidia cards in their MacBooks next year, so may nvidia optimus will work then.

I just took a look inside my systeminformation and I'm a bit confused. It shows me that there's the Intel HD3000 as graphics card and that my screen is on the nvidia card. Is that right or am I getting this wrong?

bildschirmfoto20120602u.png

bildschirmfoto20120602u.png

• 1 month later...

Hey pflaume,

As for development I currently I have full s3 sleep working perfectly with the sole exception that on-board audio doesn't work on wake (I know why but not sure if it can be fixed or not yet).

As for the battery sensor: I have yet to find a way to make this work but I haven't spent much time trying. Unfortunately I have tried the usual ways of making battery sensors work on mountain lion with the same results (kernel panic). With the release of mountain lion coming at the end of this month I don't plan on working on a battery sensor until then but at the moment it seems unlikely I will have the spare time to make it work. Rest assured if I do get it working I will update this guide as soon as I am confident it is stable.

• Like 1

I don't have the nvidia card on mine so I can't provide you with a guide to make it work. Others have got it working fine though so I don't see why you shouldn't. If you look in the attachment to the original post there will be the smbios for a mac pro 8.3. I suggest you copy this to /extra on your hdd and see if your nvidia card works. Also check its enabled in the bios. After doing this if it doesn't boot type

PCIRootID=0

at the chameleon boot screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am finding myself installing again as I accidentally deleted my partition table :P

This time I am getting kext errors when trying to boot the installed volume. I install it, install the bootloader, install the kexts, copy the "Extra" Folder, repair my permissions, and copy the boot1h file fine. But when I try to boot after the installer freezes at "kext failed to load: com.apple.AppleLPC" I have tried without the dsdt.aml as well which does not seem to change the result.

Just to clarify... You make the installer, install OS X, then it doesn't boot?

Have you made it back to the desktop since you tried reinstalling it?

I ask because it sounds like you haven't got to the desktop but you say you have installed my extra folder. As of step 2 of the guide you should have OS X on your laptop only then do you use any of my files...

• 2 weeks later...