Delete unnecessary kexts?

aphioner

8 posts in this topic

How do you know which are unnecessary? I guess its safe to remove amd gfx kexts with a nvidia card.

But what is the point of it. It's less than a second loading time.

I removed some too, but only those which caused errors on startup.

BTW what has this question to do with the usekernelcache option?

How do you know which are unnecessary? I guess its safe to remove amd gfx kexts with a nvidia card.

But what is the point of it. It's less than a second loading time.

I removed some too, but only those which caused errors on startup.

BTW what has this question to do with the usekernelcache option?

Oh pal, it's pretty annoying actually. I cannot make USB work with UseKernelCache=Yes option.

I always get this error when I add UseKernelCache=Yes to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

USBF: 0.317 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800b22b000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
USBF: 0.319 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800b22b000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

It takes ages to boot OS X Lion. The only solution that I come up with is to delete some unnecessary kexts. (BTW, DSDT thing may be the solution but I'm not very keen on it.)

Have you moved all kexts to S/L/E?

Using 'UseKernelCache=Yes' stops kexts in E/E from loading.

Maybe you have the kext that enables your USB in E/E?! Without more details it's very hard to debug.

No, I have no kexts in E/E folder. Without UseKernelCache=Yes, USB works fine. With it, USB stops working.

maybe your kernel cache is not complete.

Run the following in terminal:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

Then enable kernel caches.