Asus K53E - Blue Screen for 30 minutes

iRanbirHD

68 posts in this topic

I have Asus K53E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop. Now my 500GB is now 500GB of MacGB Mistake - 150 GB for WINDOWS, 150GB for DATA 150 GB for Mac and don't know teh rest ;)

http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

July 5th, 2013

I need help, when I boot up, it shows blue screen for like 30 minutes. Why is taking so long? I just re-installed the whole thing, it still happening.

Solution: I found out on my on :\

Go to Lion > Extra > Chameleon.plist and find KernalCache and put it as ON. It should work. Then save it.S

May 08, 2012

I know I'm back such a long time! Mac is running perfectly without DSDT. Only problem is Shutdown, I don't really care lol.

One issue, how do I connect my laptop to Monitor? It gave me unexpected graphic, everything went out like totally mess up. Any help?

Thanks.

Feb 22, 2012

I got my App Store working (Thanks to him once again.) SOLUTION: Thanks for him telling me to go to uBuntu, now I know what kind of Kext I should download. Got the battery BAR working :D Thanks.

GOT THE WI-FI WORKING!

Problem:

When I install the VoodooHDA (Audio) kext. It working properly. When I boot it up, I heard LOUD SOUND during the startup. So I must think that must be VooDooHDA thing. So I removed it and fix the permissions, no sound. I think the problem is with the kext. FIXED! Once you installed the VoodooHDA (You must delete the AppleHDA to avoid Kernal Panic). Then go to VooDooHDA.app in Extensions, open the PList then edit the iGain to Zero to avoid the loud sound.

Internet: I download the Wi-fi Kext (Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter) and install it, then reboot it. I got the wifi, when I connect to my router it said "Cannot connect."

Feb 19, 2012

My mac got mess up, so I reinstall iAtkos L1, don't work o.O

So I install iAtkos L2, it works, and also it's LOT better than iAtkos L2. So I install important kexts and done with it.

So, mouse working fine, HDD view working, and Netgear WG111v2 working. Wireless adapter on the way :D

Problems:

- Do I need DSDT? Don't needed one as right now.

- Battery ICON (can't find one) Thanks. Works now.

- I can't download anything from APP STORE. It said "Cannot verify on this computer..."

Other than that, everything seems fine and running smoothly. I wanted to say BIG THANKS to "PookyMacMan" for helping me ALOT of stuff.

Feb 16, 2012

-Mouse Problem, I can't double tap it, I have to click left click in order to open program, etc - I can use USB Mouse. I have no problem.

-Sound - SO LAGGING. I install kext, and reboot it still lagging.

-HDD Veiw - How do I show my HDD on Mac Desktop, I can't find my HDD for Mac.

Feb 15, 2012

I got Netgear WG111v2 working (it is internet). Also, can you provide me the better adapter likeBroadcom or Atheros product from Amazon or Ebay so I can order one and put it in my Laptop. Thanks.

Another problem is keyboard which is CTRL, how do I get CTRL working?

Mouse Problem, I can't double tap it, I have to click left click in order to open program, etc

Feb 14, 2012

Okay, I did differently this time. I install using iAtkos L1. It works like a charm. So I reboot it and got into Lion Desktop. I install important Kexts. After that, I can't get Wireless Internet working even I boot it for first time, Internet still not work. Any help guy? Thanks.

Shoutout - Thanks to people who helped me. Thank you.

Feb 12, 2012

Okay rBoot LE works, I installed it without any problems. Now when I reboot it after installation, then let it load then directs me to Mac World Screen, now it asking me PLUG IN THE KEYBOARD, which my keyboard is already plugged. So I can my external Keyboard and try again, still doesn't work. Any Help guys?

Thanks

Feb 8, 2012

I burn iAtkos L2 to DVD using TransMac. Then I restart my pc and boot it up (also I change HDD to ACHI something)

Then while loading iAtkos L2 it freezes when ever I press any key, F8 and let it load.

Any help? Thanks.

If you guys need more information? I will be happy to provide more information. Thank

Thank

I have Asus K35E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop.

I burn iAtkos L2 to DVD using TransMac. Then I restart my pc and boot it up (also I change HDD to ACHI something)

Then while loading iAtkos L2 it freezes when ever I press any key, F8 and let it load.

Any help? Thanks.

If you guys need more information? I will be happy to provide more information. Thanks

I am having the same problem while using iatkos l2 on my hp dv6 6165tx.

someone please help.. :help:

The configuration is:

Intel core i7 2670qm(sandy bridge)

hm65

4GB ddr3

radeon hd6770 and intel gma

I am having the same problem while using iatkos l2 on my hp dv6 6165tx.

someone please help.. :help:

The configuration is:

Intel core i7 2670qm(sandy bridge)

hm65

4GB ddr3

radeon hd6770 and intel gma

Ahh.. finally i got it..

Downloaded rBoot LE from tonymacx86..

burn it and then boot with it..

when the menu is loaded swap the disk with the iatkos dvd and press f5...

I have Asus K35E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop.

Any help? Thanks.

If you guys need more information? I will be happy to provide more information. Thanks

could u tell me the detailed config..

• Like 1

Press F8, type -v, and press enter. Take a pic of where it stops.

When I tried to press F8 it just freeze.

Ahh.. finally i got it..

Downloaded rBoot LE from tonymacx86..

burn it and then boot with it..

when the menu is loaded swap the disk with the iatkos dvd and press f5...

could u tell me the detailed config..

I will try the rBoot LE

I got it working guys :D

Added:

I have Asus K35E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop. Now my 500GB is now 500GB of Mac

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53E/#specifications

Feb 14, 2012

Okay, I did differently this time. I install using iAtkos L1. It works like a charm. So I reboot it and got into Lion Desktop. I install important Kexts. After that, I can't get Wireless Internet working even I boot it for first time, Internet still not work. Any help guy? Thanks.

Shoutout - Thanks to people who helped me. Thank you.

What's your wireless card? If it's Broadcom or Atheros we have hope. Boot into Linux and type

lspci -nn

and past the output here. Once I know the device/vendor IDs of your card I can get you an enabler.

• Like 1

What's your wireless card? If it's Broadcom or Atheros we have hope. Boot into Linux and type

lspci -nn

and past the output here. Once I know the device/vendor IDs of your card I can get you an enabler.

I use rBoot LE, how do I get to type the command?

You can boot a Linux CD and use it without installing anything.

If you have a USB stick look up Mac drivers on Netgear's website.

• Like 1

I check it at Netgear's website. I download the Driver - LINK: http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2557 I use 10.5 - That the lastest they have.

I download it and install it on mac os x 10.7. Then restart it. I connect my USB, then go to Netgear Program, it kept saying "Turn on your WLAN in preferences (network)" So I go there and check it I can't change anything in network, it shows blank.

Okay I got it working thanks.

Also can you provide me

Broadcom or Atheros adapter for my laptop? Like from Amazon or Ebay, so I can buy it and put it in my laptop. I hate to see thick usb on the side lol.

Thank for helping me out. THANK YOU.

Look for an AirPort card. An authentic AirPort card will always work. :) For example, this card. However, be sure you get a card that looks something like the one I linked (it's Mini-PCIe) and not something like this (Mini-PCI).

For keyboard, what do you mean by "get Ctrl working"? If you mean commands like Quit, it is not Ctrl-Q like in Windows, but rather it is Command-Q, which on a Windows keyboard will either by Alt-Q or Windows key-Q.

For mouse, try running this package.

• Like 1

Look for an AirPort card. An authentic AirPort card will always work. :) For example, this card. However, be sure you get a card that looks something like the one I linked (it's Mini-PCIe) and not something like this (Mini-PCI).

For keyboard, what do you mean by "get Ctrl working"? If you mean commands like Quit, it is not Ctrl-Q like in Windows, but rather it is Command-Q, which on a Windows keyboard will either by Alt-Q or Windows key-Q.

For mouse, try running this package.

Thank you.

Result:

Keyboard - WINDOW BUTTON works, thank you. +Liked.

Mouse Tap - Don't work, i can use USB Mouse instead. It's comfortable.

internet - Going to order it soon. Thanks for providing me the product.

Feb 16, 2012

-Mouse Problem, I can't double tap it, I have to click left click in order to open program, etc

-Sound - SO LAGGING. I install kext, and reboot it still lagging.

-HDD Veiw - How do I show my HDD on Mac Desktop, I can't find my HDD for Mac.

You can find your HDD in a Finder window. However, if you want to make it appear on your desktop, too, go up to File > Preferences and enable hard disks to show up on your desktop.

Did you actually try my package for mouse? Several people have found it to work.

For sound, try going into System Preferences, click the VoodooHDA pane, and check Enable SSE2. See if that works.

• Like 1

You can find your HDD in a Finder window. However, if you want to make it appear on your desktop, too, go up to File > Preferences and enable hard disks to show up on your desktop.

Did you actually try my package for mouse? Several people have found it to work.

For sound, try going into System Preferences, click the VoodooHDA pane, and check Enable SSE2. See if that works.

Thank for for HDD on Desktop. I did tried your package for mouse, don't work.

There is no VoodooHDA Pane, I download it from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372 and install it.

Then i click VoodooHDA in PrefPane, it gave me

154d87d8b209f025a30239b6627e28f6.png

The VoodooHDA pane only works with VoodooHDA. What kext are you using for audio? An AppleHDA enabler?

I personally like Voodoo, download this package to install it. It will install the kext, remove the old ones, and also install the prefpane.

The VoodooHDA pane only works with VoodooHDA. What kext are you using for audio? An AppleHDA enabler?

I personally like Voodoo, download this package to install it. It will install the kext, remove the old ones, and also install the prefpane.

Okay, I got Mouse working, I play around in the Trackpad Settings via Preferences. Got it working. Thanks.

For sound, I install it and working, after 2 minutes of using sound, THE SOUND SCARY THE HELL OUT OF ME (lol). It's like bangggggggggggg. So I had to remove the sound kexts.

Also, do I have to install DSDT on my laptop? or not?

Feb 19, 2012

My mac got mess up, so I reinstall iAtkos L1, don't work o.O

So I install iAtkos L2, it works, and also it's LOT better than iAtkos L2. So I install important kexts and done with it.

So, mouse working fine, HDD view working, and Netgear WG111v2 working. Wireless adapter on the way :D

Problems:

- Do I need DSDT?

- Battery ICON (can't find one)

- I can't download anything from APP STORE. It said "Cannot verify on this computer..."

Other than that, everything seems fine and running smoothly. I wanted to say BIG THANKS to "PookyMacMan" for helping me ALOT of stuff.

You don't necessarily need DSDT, but sometimes it can be nice. I don't think you need one yet...

For the battery icon, google VoodooBattery. I would give it to you but I don't use a (hack) laptop so I don't need it...:P

For the App Store, two things to verify: 1) is Ethernet working? and 2) does it say Ethernet (en0)? If both of these are yes, then we just need to add a boot flag to show the Ethernet as built-in.

You're very welcome. :) I'm glad I've been able to help you.

• Like 1

You don't necessarily need DSDT, but sometimes it can be nice. I don't think you need one yet...

For the battery icon, google VoodooBattery. I would give it to you but I don't use a (hack) laptop so I don't need it... :P

For the App Store, two things to verify: 1) is Ethernet working? and 2) does it say Ethernet (en0)? If both of these are yes, then we just need to add a boot flag to show the Ethernet as built-in.

You're very welcome. :) I'm glad I've been able to help you.

Voodoo Battery works - Thanks. Never knew there would be such thing as VoodooSound, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS/2, etc lol.

DSDT - don't needed.

On ethernet -

I use wireless Netgear USB and what you mean ETHERNET (en0)

Where do I find ETHERNET (en0)

Three cheers for the Voodoo dev team for VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS/2, Chameleon and whatever else they created! :D

Even if you use WiFi to connect to the internet, the App Store (for some ambiguous reason) checks for built-in Ethernet. You can check to see if you have Ethernet enabled in the Network pane of System Preferences.