Problems after updating to 10.7.3 (from 10.7.2)

s.sirio

12 posts in this topic

Dear All,

before updating my retail install to 10.7.3 (I was 10.7.2) I had a fully funcional pc where the old problem with the USB ports and the Shoot Down were correctly looked after by these kexts:

VoodooSDHC.Kext

Ev0reboot.Kext

Now I have the same kexts in the folder but I have the problems below:

- If the computer goes to sleep on wake it will restart with a black screen

- When I turn it off it will restart

- The card reader is not working any longer

- The Right usb port if I plug in a mouse will not work, if I plug in a USB SD Card Reader the card gets read immediatelly.

As anyone a solution or where to look to understand bettere the problem?

Thanks

Yes you can view the log "live" by typing "-v" in the bootloader. There will be a lot of scrolling text so you might miss it.

If so:

1. Reboot and remember when you started the pc
  2. open an application called "console"
  3. Click on something like "view log filelist". Then select the file kernel.log
  4. copy past the stuff in it starting at the time you rebooted.
  5. upload a txt file inside your post and i will take a look. Please dont paste all the stuff inside your post. (or use something like pastebin).

I found you XD: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=48101&p=307822

Well, noticed two things.

For the sdcard:

Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI ::: an SDHCI driver for Ricoh, TI, and JMicron SD Host Controllers ::: rev 20091008

Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI: initializing SD host controller

Feb 9 17:53:28 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooSDHCI: failed to create an interrupt source

So it doesn't load. I dont get very happy about the lack of forum activity of the sdhci. Unbelievable that this: (http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/board,14.0.html) is all.

The evoreboot.kext is causing the weird reboot behaviour, you need a dsdt. The same for your gfx card. The nvenabler shouldn't be necessary for your card.

Without searching on your name i found this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=272934.

It almost seems like you are the only one with that notebook, must be a hard one.

Anyway. I don't have any experience yet with dsdt's but if i read myself in a little.... In two weeks i will have lot of free time so then I might be able to help you compiling a dsdt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have narrowed down the problem above, this is not directly caused by 10.7.3 update but rather by the voodooSDHC.kext. Infact as soon as I have deleted that, which was not loding anyway, and reboot the mouse and the restart was working just fine. The problem I need to sort now is how to get the ricoh sd card reader to work, as anyone got any idea? Maybe DSDT patch? A different kext?

thanks in advance

Hi all,

I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 and lost ATA and front USB functionality. I have 2 DVD drives that aren't recognized anymore. My mobo is an Asus P5QL PRO with 4 GB RAM. Everything worked perfectly on 10.7.2. Which kext(s) should I look at?

Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know how to solve a bootcache control problem? I've been running in RAID 0 with no problems, and since updating from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 I get this flag when it boots:

BootCacheControl

:

Unable to open

/var/db/BootCache.playlist

followed by repeated "invalid sandbox profile for PID"