Need some help..Big suprise I know

kyleg40

24 posts in this topic

I have an i5-2400 3.1 Quad Custom Build

An Msi-H61M-P21

An HiS Radeon 5770 1gb GDDR5 Card

Trying to put on Iaktos L2, Everything went fine except getting hdmi to run..

Is there a kext for it? I cannot figure out how to get to system/library/extensions

I just use kext wizard for kexts...

Do I need an older version of Hazards, or ideneb etc? I just need help please

I really want this i5 to run mac with hdmi out for the movies we watch..Thank you so much for your help and time..I love your site it helped me find the 5770 drivers..Again thank you

System/Library/Extensions:

Open Finder

Click your hard drive (if not visable, click your computer under 'Devices'. Then click your hard drive.)

Click on System

Click on Library

Click on Extension

Or open finder, press CMD + Shift + G

Type /System/Library/Extension

Press enter

A key for HDMI: the video portion of HDMI is controlled in the graphics driver/enabler, the audio portion is controlled by the audio driver. VoodooHDA can enable HDMI audio.

Won't let me copy the ati5000 next, says not allowed, when I try to edit the plist in extras, won't allow it either..Ok I figured out how to get the 5770 working thanks..Now for the hdmi..Any ideas? Shows duplicate screen on tv..Rather than 2 separate monitors but would rather concentrate on hdmi..

So now you can connect to a TV via HDMI?

If right now it is showing an extended desktop but you want it mirrored (or vice versa), that can be changed in the Display pane of System Preferences.

You can use VoodooHDA. The key with Voodoo is 1) you cannot have any other audio kexts (AppleHDA etc.) present, and 2) If it still panics, you can insert your device ID manually. The panics are easily fixed. I can help you through if you want

I have a installation package for Voodoo. If you'd like it I can go find it.

I ran a single line out of the computer to the tv which is hooked up via optical to a surround sound, that worked for some audio at least..Now the big question..I am trying to burn a dual layer xdg3 disk with isoburn..Every dvd-rw I try says the disc drive didn’t respond properly and can’t recover or retry Any ideas? So far everything but the hdmi sound worked perfect btw..Thanks for all the help you have given..

Can you burn the disc in Windows? It might actually be a DVD drive problem as opposed to a Mac OS problem. Also, use Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities) instad of ISOBurn.

Do you want to enable HDMI audio?

I did it..It worked perfect burning dvds for xbox...I forgot to use abgx first..Doh...Now everything is working but hdmi..This is so awesome..I love my hackintosh...So the hdmi files would be greatly appreciated and thank you all for your help..You got me through all of it..I just put autocad, office on it..Its screaming as an i5 with 5770 on it..Never going back to winblows..

1. Backup to an external HDD/another HDD/another partition.

2. Boot into this backup partition.

3. Download and install the 10.7.3 combo update to the backup partition.

4. Reboot back into backup.

5. If you have no panic you can go ahead and update your primary install.

OR

5. If you have a panic, you can use your primary install to correct the panic.

6. Once the backup partition is stable you can update your primary install and use the backup partition to correct the kernel panics you get when booting from your primary partition.

How do I backup my system to a hd to make the backup bootable..I tried Carbon, and superduper, and still no boot..What do I need to do? I am running aiktos l2 with no [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc installed, just straight...Everything is booting perfect..Do I need to add something etc? Thanks

I use Disk Utility (/Application/Utilities). Select a partition, click the Restore tab, and drag your current OS X partition onto the Source and the new partition onto Destination. Then click Restore.

Please boot a Linux Live CD and run in the Terminal:

lspci -nn

and paste the output here.

Use carbon copy cloner.

Once cloned, install chameleon to the backup partition.

Just cloning a partition won't necessarilly make it bootable.

I use Disk Utility (/Application/Utilities). Select a partition, click the Restore tab, and drag your current OS X partition onto the Source and the new partition onto Destination. Then click Restore.

Lion's disk utility cannot restore a partition while it's in use.

• 2 weeks later...

I used carbon cloner, now it boots up from an external which I didn't want but oh well.I think I know why the hdmi sound isn't working on the 5770, In order to have un-mirrored screens u have to use dvi..So dvi is being used for both to get the two different screens running, The sound right now is going through the onboard sound to the tv with a single cable, not surround but until I can figure it out it will do..I want to restore my carbon clone to a drive that can boot it..That is my main concern right now...I am honestly afraid to do anything since it is working though..lol.