DSDT help with Acer Aspire 5750-6636

Kaar

5 posts in this topic

Heya. I got my Acer Aspire 5750-6636 up and running fairly well. I've got graphics up and running with the Macbook Pro 8,1 system description, sound's working as well, got wireless with a kext for my Atheros 9287 card, and keyboard/trackpad working. I've yet to test my mic, but in the Sound Preferences, it appears to be picking up audio. Even my function keys appear to be working. However, there are still a few outstanding issues.

1. Sleep doesn't work. The screen goes black, I assume it begins to write a hibernate image (there's an image header error in Chameleon when I reboot), but it stops there. The screen remains black, LED indicators remain lit, etc. It stays like this until I power it off manually.
  2. I don't have the ability to adjust brightness. The screen remains on 100% brightness, which is murdering my battery.

From what I can tell, these are ACPI issues. I used the DSDT editor to extract my DSDT, but I'm not really sure what to do from here. Can I get any help with this? I attached my DSDT.dsl to this post. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

• Intel Core i3 2310M
  • Built in HD Graphics 3000
  • 4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM
  • Atheros 9287 Wireless Adapter (PCIe)
  • Chipset: Intel HM65 Express

DSDT.dsl: http://cl.ly/3Q0h3p310g0z2D3G1h0A

Hm, alright, I went through and swept up the errors it gave as well as remarks. It compiles cleanly now, and I've added the devices it needs for GenericBrightness.kext, but otherwise, I simply aimed to stop compiler errors/remarks. It still fails to sleep, though. I've installed InsomniaX and simply disabled sleep entirely through that so as to avoid it trying to go to sleep and getting stuck like it does every time. Any fixes would be appreciated, though.

DSDT.dsl.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Any help?

Hi,

i got same wifi working on vaio f113 and working for about long time now, for help here i doubt it no one will help unless he has same laptop.

for sleeping issue... you can live with it now until you get dsdt patch for your laptop, but I'm sure it sleeps by it self and you can wake it up with scroll bar or mouse.

You can see inhere if they have the right dsdt for you (as5750) @h**p://olarila.com/forum/packs.php (you have to register for free

Good luck mate

• 2 weeks later...

why is this a .dsl not .aml? i am intermediate, i need to learn more things.

can you tell me how a custom dsdt works and how you go about developing one?

is a dsdt an either or type thing, eg; i use kexts or i use dsdt

oh yes btw i have an acer 5750 (not G or Q or anything else)