7 replies to this topic

Crazy Software

Crazy Software

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hi everybody! :)

I'd like to install iAtkos L2 on my Asus EeePC 1101HA.
So I've downloaded the .dmg of iAtkos and I've copied it into my USB Pen Drive with Disk Utility using another Mac. If I boot from the USB, nothing happens: I see only an "endless" blinking dash. :|
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

goodguess

goodguess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
If someone could point out a "how to" I would like to know this for my 1001HA too.
Of course Lion would have to be forced into 32bit mode, as the N270 lacks support for 64bit.
QE/CI will be an issue as well with the GMA945.
It may be pretty pointless too, to run Lion on such low end cpu, but maybe fun to have it on a backup drive...
My first thought for installation would have been #####, but I may be mistaken.

Crazy Software

Crazy Software

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Sorry, but, first of all, is there a way to set S-ATA to AHCI on my EeePC 1101HA?
I can't find nothing to do this in the BIOS. :|

goodguess

goodguess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
IIRCit is under "Advanced ➪IDE configuration ➪Enhanced ➪AHCI"
I´m on 10.6.6 with the Eee, good luck.

Crazy Software

Crazy Software

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Thank you, but in "Advanced/IDE Configuration" I haven't the option "Enhanced" :(
But is necessary to set AHCI Mode?

goodguess

goodguess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
No idea what your problem might be, can you check/upgrade your BIOS version maybe?

Crazy Software

Crazy Software

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I've upgraded it last week :(
The problem is that if I try to install Lion (I've made a Bootable USB), I get this error: "UHCI controller [8086:8114] at 00:id:0 base 5c4(b881)". So I think it's because I can't use the AHCI Mode..

pavar

pavar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sorry, but, first of all, is there a way to set S-ATA to AHCI on my EeePC 1101HA?
I can't find nothing to do this in the BIOS. :|

1101HA does not have an ahci option in bios. As for the UHCI error, I am preparing to install on the same netbook right now, I will let you know if the same happens to me. On a side note, in a snow leopard installation on the same netbook I managed to bypass the uhci issue by closing the usb 2.0 from the bios. Seems it didn't like the onboard card reader much. Another thing you can try in Lion is using arch=i386 mach_atom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asus, EeePC 1101HA, Hackintosh, Lion, Installation, USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy