• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rucinter

rucinter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I have Lion 10.7.2 running on Asus P5B-E motherboard with Core2 Duo CPU, NVIDIA 8600GT and Realtek 8139 LAN card on PCI (switched recently with internal Attansic L1).

Everything is working great, with one catastrophic exception. In the last week, after a few of using Lion, I had a "invalid node structure" error that couldn't be fixed by Disk Utility or Disk Warrior, so I had to re-install the whole system. Two days after a fresh re-install, same problem. This time, my data partition (HFS+ also) was damaged, but fortunately I was able to repair it and recover most of the data. The problem appears also in 10.7.3, after a combo update. I'm using only the necessary kexts: AtherosL1Ethernet, FakeSMC, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and Jmicron36xATA.

Doesn't anyone has any idea what's causing this weird behavior?

Sysyphus

Sysyphus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Location:3rd rock from that big yellow shiny thing in the sky!
This is usually a sign of a bad disk, as you've already tried Disk Utility and Disk Warrior, then maybe this link is worth reading: http://hints.macworl...070204134513557

rucinter

rucinter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Problem solved. It was actually my fault, since I've forgot to install a few kexts. I think it was because the lack of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, it works now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lion, invalid node structure, data corruption, hfs+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy