following the tips on this guide i've been able to install lion on my hp dv6 pavilion...
1. What do you need:
- A copy of lion downloaded from app store
- A virtual machine or a working mac
- Unibeast 1.0 + Multibeast Lion Edition (many thanks to tonymacx86)
- This mach_kernel
- Kext wizard
- Showhiddenfiles (on multibeast)
First of all, to create bootable installation USB drive read also this topic from tonymacx86.
- Copy the release of lion in Application folder in your VM or working mac
- Right click on it, show pakage content and mount installESD.dmg (and this should be enough according to the guide, but on my VM didn't worked and i had to do the following in order to run unibeast)
- Use Showhiddenfiles app to show the contents of installESD and mount also baseSystem.dmg
- Insert USB stick or hard drive and go to disk utility and create an MBR partition (i named it "unibeast") with Extended MacOS (journaled).
- Run unibeast and chose the drive where you want to install it (USB drive)
- Check the boxes: "mac app store..." and "laptop support" and then start...
- Sometimes this procedure fails, if this happen start again formatting again the USB drive
- At the end of the installation copy in the USB also Multibeast, Kext wizard and showhiddenfiles, mach_kernel in order to complete the installation on your HD.
4. You will probably need some kernel flags to begin installation: I used these flags:
cpus=1 busratio=XX -x -v
Where instead of XX you have to put the busratio you found on the intel specification page of your processor (for me for example, an i5 2410M was XX=23)
5. Format the Installation HD as "guid" with Extended MacOS (journaled). During installation you wil probably be asked to insert an usb keyboard (you wiill need this keyboard only for few second)
6. After installation is complete reboot using USB as bootloader and choosing the installation HD. Boot with the same flags you used for the installation
7. When desktop appears run Multibeast and install Chimera bootloader.
8. Open USB installation drive and, using showhiddenfiles, find the folder /Extra and copy it on the OS Hard Disk
9. Copy in HD/Extra the mach_kernel downloaded before
10. Open HD/Extra and modify the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist in this way
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/ PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>Boot Banner</key> <string>No</string> <key>Kernel</key> <string>/Extra/mach_kernel</string> <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>busratio=23</string> <key>Legacy Logo</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>Instant Menu</key> <string>Yes</string> </dict> </plist>
- Open the attached file and copy HDAIDT.kext in your /Extra/Extensions (E/E) folder
- Go in /System/Library/extensions (S/L/E) and delete AppleHDA.kext
- Run multibeast and install driver Audio : Realtek AppleHDA.kext rollback
- P.S. Everytime you will upgrade the OS you will probably need to do this procedure to obtain audio.
- Open the attached folder (Battery Lion) and copy voodoobattery.kext in E/E
- Open S/L/E and delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext and then insert in S/L/E the one in Battery Lion folder
14. Reboot (probably will still need some flags to boot i can't remeber )
15. If everything works now you can run the speedstepper 10.7.2 (download it from here, and follow the instructions... many thanks to flAked)
16. If it works good (a smiley on your terminal at the end of speedstepper) now you can delete NullCPUPowerManagement from E/E and you can add to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist these strings:
<key>GenerateCStates</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>GeneratePStates</key> <string>Yes</string>
17. Rebuilt permissions with kext wizard
19. try MRSDumper to debug P-State
20. Insert DSDT (in the attached file) in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist
21. Attached you will find also the Extra folder i use at the moment and that you can use if you reached the point 20 before... the only thing that miss in this folder is the mach_kernel (cause too big to attach) that you can find in the link i posted initially
- VOLUME SLIDER
- WIFI (AFTER BIOS MODDING WITH WITHELIST REMOVAL, DEVICE IN MY SIGNATURE)
- WIRED ETHERNET Realtek RTL8168/8111
- VIDEO (ONLY INTEL HD300)
NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: DEVICES NOT WORKING (HELP NEEDED!!!)
- USB3.0 NEC/RENESAS: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller [1033-0194](*)
- SECOND GPU: Radeon ™ HD 6490M [1002-6760](*)
- SD CARD READER: Realtek PCIE CardReader [10EC-5209]
- FACETIME AND ICLOUD NOT LOGGING IN
(*) DISCOVERED BY THE SYSTEM BUT NOT WORKING