QT 7.1.3 update problems

sniperviper

29 posts in this topic

Hi, I did the reinstall of quicktime 7.0.1 and then the update to 7.1.2. now quicktime seem to work well. I have sound but the screen is black. Can't see any video. Anybody know how to get this to work?

is it an issue betweeen 10.4.8 JAS update and the quicktime 7.1.2?

I have sse2

p4 2.4

intel 865perl

sapphire 1600 pro 256meg (1440x900)

Thx :D

Hi, I don't know what I do but seem now all .mov works fine. Seem to be a good idea to close the computer for while to get things to work. My QE/CI comes like that and my resolution too... weird...

Now, it's flip4mac that sound to be the problems cause I cant view any wmv, I heard the sound but no playback. When I go to fullscreen, I can see a image but it's frozen. maybe a 10.4.8 problem.

And in About this mac, I see my processor as a 0mhz, don't know if it could be the problem.

:)

The link to the Quicktime 7.0.1 reinstaller on Apple's website (see previous posts) is broken--it just takes you to a "page not found" page that says "Looking for something at Apple.com." I've searched online for a Quicktime reinstaller, but they are all for previous versions of Quicktime, so they do NOT work on 7.1.3. I tried AppZapper, but that did NOT heko either--OS X still thought it had 7.1.3 installed even after AppZapper supposedly removed it. I've checked all the download and Torrent sites--no help. I found a couple of Quicktime 7.0.1 reinstallers on aMule, but you know how slow it is--only 1 person has it, and it will NOT download. If anyone knows where we may download the Quicktime 7.0.1 reinstaller that actually works on 7.1.3, please let us know--we SSE2 users would be very happy. If not, then I guess reinstalling OS X will do. Thanks so much your help, and we await your reply.

Cya!

~Melo~

EDIT: I ended up reinstalling OS X starting with 10.4.5 then Combo-updating to 10.4.8. It does not matter if I use QuickTime 7.0.4 or 7.1.2--NO audio. But that's OK--thanks for your help and info! :D

• 3 months later...