Restart at the boot

Pari05

45 posts in this topic

Well, not really. It's a guess. :) We will at least be able to start the boot process and then see where the panic occurs.

1. Open Chameleon Wizard

2. Click the SMBIOS tab

3. Beside "SMBIOS.plist not found!", click Edit

4. Under Premade SMBIOSes, select the one you want.

5. Click Save.

And you're done! Now reboot and try the Lion installer again.

Go ahead and delete the SMBIOS...

If you look at nawcom's blog, he has a patched OSInstall.mpkg for Lion. Download that. :)

Pooky?

As in patched for AMD?

I'll check the blog…

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't following the thread right.

Zoot, patched as in there is no board ID check and MBR installation is allowed.

Pari05, OSInstall goes in InstallESD.dmg, located in the Mac OS Lion app (right-click, choose Show Package Contents, go to Contents/SharedSupport/ and there is InstallESD.dmg). When you open the image, there should be a Packages folder; that's where OSInstall.mpkg goes.

i found OSInstall in the package downloaded by the nawcom's blog

but i can't find the folder "SharedSupport", i have the folder "Contents" and in it there are: "_CodeSignature"-"MacOS"-"plugins" and "Resources"; i have search in that folder but InstallESD.dmg there isn't.

also i can't replace the file because Lion is on a DVD-R...i need it downloaded by app store.

It doesn't matter what media your Lion installer is on. Use Apple Disk Utility to "restore" basesystem.dmg from your DVD to a partition on your hard drive, then copy the kernel and the required files from InstallESD.dmg to it. Just like all the guides say, they're all pretty much the same. Here's one for example:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276970&view=findpost&p=1804934

• Like 1

i'm following the guide you have link

but i still can't find InstallESD.dmg, but i have find all the other file.

the only "Inst..." i have in my Mac OS Lion app are they:

(sorry for the photo, but the screenshot doesn't work)

20120329204839.jpg

i borrow it to my friend,naturally he downloaded it from Mac Store, but he has already use it on his iMac.

can it be that the Installer changes its files after the firsth and only installation available ?

because,if i have to buy mine own copy i want to be sure that it works :)

You don't have to buy a copy - have him log into his App Store account on your computer and simply download the app. ;) Or, if you don't have the App Store, he can redownload it on his machine. if he downloads on his computer, have him hold down Option before clicking Purchases and that should allow for a redownload. :)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the absence, but the holiday and the breaking of the modem has kept me away from PC

finally me and my friend have tried, with his account, download the Mac Lion Store on my Hackintosh, but we have the usual message "Lion 10.7.3 can not be installed on this Mac" and does not allow us to download it.

now my friend will try to download it from his mac and he will give to me the new copy

sorry still a long absence, I still hope you can help me :)

Once it's downloaded report back and I'll help you patch the installer. :)

BTW, there is an official AMD Lion kernel. :D It's kinda buggy, but it works.