HWSensors

FakeSMC Plugins Hardware Monitoring Sensors SuperIO Temperature Voltage Tachometer Frequency

• Please log in to reply
1035 replies to this topic

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi all,

Found small issue with HWMonitor 6.9.1315 and Apple Magic Mouse battery charge status. When checking in preferences, i can see 100% battery charged [2x AA 2450Ah]. But HWMonitor show charge status 63%.

Is there any chance to fix this?

Attached File  screenshot_104.png   11.67KB   16 downloads

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,106 posts
The Bluetooth icon always fails to update, it's a bug in OSX. Real values are being written to IOReg and this is what HWMonitor displays, suggest you trust it, instead of the status bar.

Rockey12

Rockey12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:no comi

Hi Slice, 

Me again maybe with some good news, here is what the developer written to me with speedfan source code i am hoping that u can do something with it

My assembly does not read the data from the chip. This makes SpeedFan. If SpeedFan has read the values ​​from the chip, these value are in a shared memory segment. MyAssembly only reads the values ​​from this segment and makes it available in structures for managed code.

Thanks again

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,022 posts

Hi Slice, 

Me again maybe with some good news, here is what the developer written to me with speedfan source code i am hoping that u can do something with it

My assembly does not read the data from the chip. This makes SpeedFan. If SpeedFan has read the values ​​from the chip, these value are in a shared memory segment. MyAssembly only reads the values ​​from this segment and makes it available in structures for managed code.

Thanks again

Sorry, such sources out of my skill.

Rockey12

Rockey12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:no comi

Hi Slice , ok thank u so much for your help and your time  i give up if any body want,s source can give  it a try

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

I tried 6.9.1315 and it still displays the GPU memory for my 670 at 4x the speed I get from 5.3.901 and GPU-Z. Is there any way to get it back to displaying the old way without reverting to 5.3.901?

Just noticed that HWMonitor from 6.9.1315 isn't reading my GPU fan speed either.

Panas78

Panas78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Any plans on releasing a signed version for 10.10 compatibility?

stingray_454

stingray_454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Tried 6.9.1315 version. Works great for all my sensors, except GPU temperature for my ASUS 290X card. Do I need any extra plugin for this GPU, or is it just not supported yet?

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I've been using HWSensors for some time with the HWMonitor app and they've been working great. I've recently downloaded the intel power gadget just out of curiosity and couldn't help but notice that the reading coming from it are entirely different that that of HWMonitor. Which one is correct? The Intel gadget shows cpu speeds towards the bottom which HWMonitor has them jumping all over the place. I have the intel i7 3630qm btw.

Edit: I tried istat pro and it gives the same information hwmonitor does. Where is Intel gadget getting its readings from?

franmglp

franmglp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi, my Z77X-UD3H (IT8728F) isn't in LPCSensors and was showing incorrect sensors data, eg memory modules at 2.016 instead of 1.524.

I made a change in LPCSensors.kext/Contents/Info.plist and now HWSensors is showing correct data.

With the default Info.plist (loading the Default Platform Profile from ITE IT87x Monitor):

Spoiler

Attached File  Default.png   112.57KB   4 downloads

With modified Info.plist (Replaced the Default Platform Profile under ITE IT87x Monitor with the IT8728F Platform Profile):

Spoiler

Attached File  ITE.png   114.84KB   4 downloads

I don't know if it's 100% correct for Z77X-UD3H but is showing correct data. Hope that helps for future releases.

And thanks for this work. Regards.

medussa

medussa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hello. Couple months ago I posted for help about Asus gryphon and Nuvoton NCT6791D but there was no help. Problem is related with all voltages. In other words only voltages stuck and no change values, other sensors like temp or hdd info are ok. After that all voltage values are wrong and I can post picture for that and all Dumps from Aida64. If Kozlek can help that will be nice.  

Attached Files

davidcmc

davidcmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I'm injecting FakeSMC.kext with Clover.

How do I install the plugin in the kext that's in Clover directory?

I think the package installer available in your repository looks for FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E folder.

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

I'm injecting FakeSMC.kext with Clover.

How do I install the plugin in the kext that's in Clover directory?

I think the package installer available in your repository looks for FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E folder.

Put it the Plugins directory if it is not there create it, that would be FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/, alternatively you could run the installer then move the .kext from the S/L/E to the clover directory.

samtimbaud

samtimbaud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

hi all,

always not compatible with haswell-e ?

Stefan Milev

Stefan Milev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Hi guys, does somebody know where can I get a profile for my motherboard Z77-DS3H?

jl4c

jl4c

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

No temps/freqs in HWMonitor, RadeonSensors attached to PEGP@0, IOReg attached

Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile, Device_ID: 683F,

FakeSMC_v5.3.820, GPUSensors_v5.3.820, HWMonitor 6.3.1211

Suggestions?

Edit -  4/3/14, corrected HWMonitor version

Same issue here HD5850...

Also, i got insane temp for main board proximity (126ºC). Do you know something about this?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   120.26KB   1 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FakeSMC, Plugins, Hardware Monitoring, Sensors, SuperIO, Temperature, Voltage, Tachometer, Frequency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy