1,156 posts in this topic

Is there a way to remove this line from console log?

2013.03.16. 17:50:23,000 kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: 0 key(s) exported from Clover EFI

I'm using chameleon so this is useless for me.

edit:

One more little question: With the newest version in iStat I got "Northbridge" temp renamed to "Mem Controller". Is there a way to rename it back to Northbridge? I managed to get proper names for CPU fan and System fan, but I didn't found any related to this "Mem Controller" string

I love this!

I have a few questions that I hope you could answer :)

Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3

CPU: i7 2600K

GPU: ASUS Radeon 6870 1GB.

I have the latest FakeSMC and all the latest Plugins.

1. Why don't I have GPU or any other fan showing other than CPU?

2. Why does only one CPU core show up in Frequencies? I saw a few posts before me a guy had more than 1 core showing.

I wan't my HWMonitor to show GPU Fan speeds and CPU/GPU Freqs like this:

sLaOn6x.png

3. My CPU is at 3.8GHz(Turbo) but HWMonitor only reports 3.5GHz same with iStat Menus. MsrDumper shows 3.8GHz though.

4. Why doesn't frequencies for my GPU or RAM show up?

5. Why does 5 mainboard fans show up? Is it detecting all fan sensors I have on the board or something? I only have my CPU fan connected. Shouldnt that be named "CPU FAN"?

Can I rename it somehow?

FRDXUxW.png

Hi all.

My ACPISensors.kext dont load automatically,and if i load it manually nothing change in hwmonitor.

For what its that plugin and do i need it ?

I get all readings only powersupply 2-3-4-5 are wrong.

I read few pages but i didnt find descriprion of these plugins.

thx.

post-307055-0-27654900-1363953694_thumb.png

For ACPISensors to work you need some specific DSDT additions, so if you didn't do any DSDT editing for this purpose don't install the plugin, it will add nothing.

1. Why don't I have GPU or any other fan showing other than CPU?

2. Why does only one CPU core show up in Frequencies? I saw a few posts before me a guy had more than 1 core showing.

3. My CPU is at 3.8GHz(Turbo) but HWMonitor only reports 3.5GHz same with iStat Menus. MsrDumper shows 3.8GHz though.

4. Why doesn't frequencies for my GPU or RAM show up?

5. Why does 5 mainboard fans show up? Is it detecting all fan sensors I have on the board or something? I only have my CPU fan connected. Shouldnt that be named "CPU FAN"?

Can I rename it somehow?

1- Your graphics card is probably not supported, I'm not sure. Check your console log to see what the Radeon plugin says. (RadeonSensors (pci1@0): found ATI Radeon 0x68b8)

2- For newer cpus it shows a single frequency and multiplier probably because those cannot be independent so it's redundant.

3- Are you overclocking your cpu by turbo states? If you set them to 38-37-36-35 then you probably won't see the cpu reaching 38 frequently because it's for single core use only. The most used will probably be 35 and sometimes 36 or 37.

4- Not supported for the Radeon plugin yet, still hoping...

5- Yes it detects all the fan sensors and lists them, you may deactivate them by turning the little eye off in the Preferences-Menubar. I'm not sure how to rename the sensors but I guess it's in the info.plist in the LPCSensors kext.

I receive a little success.

Device (SMCD)
		 {
			 Name (_HID, "MONITOR")
			 Method (TCPU, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Store (^^EC.CTMP, Local0)
				 Return (Local0)
			 }
		 }

With this method I got CPUHeatsink.

But I have no idea where is fan at my DSDT.

Help me fellows, please!

I know that I should add this method for fan

Method (FAN0, 0, NotSerialized)
								 {
										 Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.[size=5][b]What should be here in my case?[/b][/size], Local0)
										 Return (Local0)
								 }

post-974387-0-47987700-1363968511_thumb.png

Ver0.1DSDT.aml.zip

Hi !

I install new fakesmc.kext with PlugIn Kexts using KextUtility.

But KextUtility fail to make kernel cache.

I try to make kernel cache in ternial, but I cannot make it .

It shows this. What is wrong, and how do I fix it ?

bash-3.2# sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Kernel file /mach_kernel does not contain requested arch: i386
LPCSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
LPCSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
GPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
GPUSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
CPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
CPUSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
GPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
CPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

For ACPISensors to work you need some specific DSDT additions, so if you didn't do any DSDT editing for this purpose don't install the plugin, it will add nothing.

1- Your graphics card is probably not supported, I'm not sure. Check your console log to see what the Radeon plugin says. (RadeonSensors (pci1@0): found ATI Radeon 0x68b8)

2- For newer cpus it shows a single frequency and multiplier probably because those cannot be independent so it's redundant.

3- Are you overclocking your cpu by turbo states? If you set them to 38-37-36-35 then you probably won't see the cpu reaching 38 frequently because it's for single core use only. The most used will probably be 35 and sometimes 36 or 37.

4- Not supported for the Radeon plugin yet, still hoping...

5- Yes it detects all the fan sensors and lists them, you may deactivate them by turning the little eye off in the Preferences-Menubar. I'm not sure how to rename the sensors but I guess it's in the info.plist in the LPCSensors kext.

Thank you for the answers!

This is what I have in console regarding my graphicscard:

2013-03-23 01:28:30,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1@0): found ATI Radeon 0x6738

2013-03-23 01:28:30,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1@0): ATOMBIOS detected

2013-03-23 01:28:30,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1@0): ATOM BIOS: 6738.13.12.0.22.AS03

2013-03-23 01:28:30,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1@0): using device-id to resolve temperature sensor type

2013-03-23 01:28:30,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1@0): adding EverGreen thermal sensor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Please try to keep this post without requests not directly related to HWSensors ; you should open your own thread if you have questions regarding DSDT edits. Thanks.

@ kozlek : here is my freshly updated french translation (approx. 90%) based on 5.1.57 binaries. The application works great. I wanted to change the interface for my own purpose ala Dropbox, but the .nib don't open with interface builder ; anyway.

Best regards,

Nicolas

fr.lproj.zip

post-497804-0-89552400-1364753720_thumb.png

Hello,

I have installed the I installed the 2.3.5 (4503) HWMonitor version (5.1.57.zip binary). Is the History Graph supposed to close the monitor application after a few to 30 seconds? I have installed this on Lion 10.7.5, Bronzovka 11.4.2 kernel. Other specs:

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

FX-8350, factory clock speed of 4 GHz

16 GB RAM DDR3-1600

ATI FirePro V4900

Chameleon 2.1 boot loader from the 3.2 MyHack install and Chameleon 2.2 r2187 boot loader

The system log says:

[0x0--0x28028].org.hwsensors.HWMonitor[277]: terminate called throwing an exception

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[134] ([0x0-0x28028].org.hwsensors.HWMonitor[277]): Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6

This happens every time I view something for more than a few seconds. I have the GPUSensors and LPCSensors plug-ins, HWMonitor, and FakeSMC installed.

Hi kozlek,

Thanks for your continued work for us!

But could you give me a answer?

What does this boot message means?

- GeForceSensors (pci1@0): [Error] GPIO 16 unknown PWM: 0x00000000

I'm using gtx 560 ti (msi N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC). The message is from that card?

I believe kozkek fixed that already but it's not in bitbucket, you'll have to build it from Xcode or wait for him to upload the binary.

Thanks. I will monitor a bitbucket update, as well as compiling in Xcode and test in the next few days.

Hello, I'm upgrading an old build to Mountain Lion 10.8.3:

GA-P35-DS4

q6600

Nvidia 8800GT 256MB

After installing latest binaries I can monitor all temperatures but GPU.

Dmesg confirms GeForceSensors is loaded:

GeForceSensors (pci1@0): chipset: G92 (NV92) bios: 62.92.1a.00
GeForceSensors (pci1@0): started

But GPU Die reads 0

It reads GPU Core and Memory frequencies correctly

Can anybody help please?

Thanks