hi,kozlek

have u checked my post @ #497

since i am a notebook user, i am little curious about the display blabla

once i manually turn off the display , kernel log shows the info

however, sometimes , the display is still on but kernel log also shows the info

do u know what happened ?

plus, one of my friends find that using your category of fakesmc

there is one less option in EnergySaver Preference compared with Slice's rev609

From what I can gather, the display blabla is normal, at least in :ninja: debug mode. As to why you get it when the display has not been put to sleep, it could be triggered by other wake event's of which there are many. Check the pmset event log in terminal to see if there are any that correspond with those times: pmset -g log

report back again

using the latest revision, hdd temp won't disappear for as long as half an hour for my trial

but i found another interesting thing

look at the pic, missing keys, those could be shown by Slice's version however

post-973514-0-12569700-1340409242_thumb.png

I just installed ML DP4 and using the latest FakeSMC doesn't show the CPU temp, frequency and ratio.

I also have Lion 10.7.4 installed on another HDD and everything shows correctly using the same FakeSMC.

Any thoughts ?

P.S. - I have a Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo.

I just installed ML DP4 and using the latest FakeSMC doesn't show the CPU temp, frequency and ratio.

I also have Lion 10.7.4 installed on another HDD and everything shows correctly using the same FakeSMC.

Any thoughts ?

P.S. - I have a Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo.

I think you should install/reinstall IntelThermal plugin

Question: (C2D, Gigybyte) Intelthermal

Temps working and changing / getting updated.

But the CPU Speed / Pstates never change / no updates in App+Menue. Always shown lowest multiplier *6 / lowest GHz. But CPU does stepping and sure runs Multiplier *10 too.

Otherwise geekbench result would be much less.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-04 um 12.43.23.jpg

Question: (C2D, Gigybyte) Intelthermal

Temps working and changing / getting updated.

But the CPU Speed / Pstates never change / no updates in App+Menue. Always shown lowest multiplier *6 / lowest GHz. But CPU does stepping and sure runs Multiplier *10 too.

Otherwise geekbench result would be much less.

Did you tested your system with another monitoring software (msrdumper, HWSensors slice's branch)?

Yep, msrdumper shows that cpu stepping is working .

05.07.12 02:01:37,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(6)

05.07.12 02:01:37,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 10

05.07.12 02:01:38,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(10) // i put load on cpu

05.07.12 02:01:38,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 10

05.07.12 02:01:38,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(6)

05.07.12 02:01:38,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 10

05.07.12 02:01:39,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(6)

05.07.12 02:01:39,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 10

05.07.12 02:01:39,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(10) // i put load on cpu

05.07.12 02:01:39,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 10

I'm using fakesmc 4.0 on my C2D (Gigabyte MB) and HWMonitor (older version I think, that doesn't have that window.) shows the mhz/multiplier changing in real time.

Info: Now i can see that the multi/Ghz changes in realtime - but only in the menu.

Not in the main HW Monitor app - there it stays at the level which multi/Ghz were run as HW Monitor app has started.

in my case multi 6 if no load at HW Monitor app starts and multi 10 if an backgound task puts load on the cpu. Beside that fixed values i see changes in the menu.

I never looked at the menu so i didnt realise that there were really changes - i only looked at the fixed HW Monitor app window.

Perhaps its not planned to update the multi/Ghz, temp in the main app - no problem if changed are updated in the menu.

Screenshoot shows updated (realtime) menu temp/Ghz and fixed (OTHER) HW Monitor App values.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-05 um 20.46.30.jpg

Info: Now i can see that the multi/Ghz changes in realtime - but only in the menu.

Not in the main HW Monitor app - there it stays at the level which multi/Ghz were run as HW Monitor app has started.

in my case multi 6 if no load at HW Monitor app starts and multi 10 if an backgound task puts load on the cpu. Beside that fixed values i see changes in the menu.

I never looked at the menu so i didnt realise that there were really changes - i only looked at the fixed HW Monitor app window.

Perhaps its not planned to update the multi/Ghz, temp in the main app - no problem if changed are updated in the menu.

Screenshoot shows updated (realtime) menu temp/Ghz and fixed (OTHER) HW Monitor App values.

I've already implemented realtime updates for prefs app in latest revision. Check it out.

I see icon names does not "localized", like "ssdlife" should be named "SSD Icon". Which Mac OS version do you use?

no more GeForceX.kext ??

and new

ATYSensors.kext

NouveauSensors.kext

Renaming GeForceX to NouveauSensors and RadeonX to ATYSensors. Bumping FakeSMC ver. and compatibile ver. to avoid old plugins loading.
kozlek authored 18 days ago

Hi, thanks for your hard works.

I've put on my chameleon usb boot your latest FakeSMC - SuperIOSensors - IntelThermal - NouveauSensors and rebuilt the kext cache. When I try to open HWMonitor any value appear.

I used the latest file on your GitHub (folder Binaries).

What can I tray? I'm on 1.7.4 P6T with speedstep enabled DSDT.

Previously i used your winbond kext and older HWMonitor app (on the first page of this topic) and i correctly see cpu-hdd-fan value.

Is it recommended to update to this new solution from fakesmc 4.0 + sensor kexts, if that older version is working for me perfectly?

You could try new version and make a decision after testing.

Kozlek...please can you delete njnia from kernel log...why you use this?

I wanted to see if it has different behavior on other users systems. But it's all the same - os x doesn't use ninja action timer and only reset it on startup and after wake.