10.7.3. is OUT !

Larx

113 posts in this topic

After a lot of testing... I can boot after installing 10.7.3, if avoiding getting the kernel cache rebuilt.

But as soon as something forces a kernelcache update (touch /S/L/E or installing a kext), I get this:

ath_get_caps[4037] rx chainmask mismatch actual 3 sc_chainmak 0

ath_get_caps[4012] tx chainmask mismatch actual 3 sc_chainmak 0

__ath_attach failed!, error[-12]

Still waiting for root device.

I do think our problems could be related, bergoulle.

Rebuild the caches after installing it.

After a lot of testing... I can boot after installing 10.7.3, if avoiding getting the kernel cache rebuilt.

But as soon as something forces a kernelcache update (touch /S/L/E or installing a kext), I get this:

I do think our problems could be related, bergoulle.

Gringo was right.

I rebuild the cach with this :

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions

and it works.

It looks like champlist is buggy ...

I have ICH10R (in AHCI mode) + P45 Express and that still works.

IIRC a ton of people got stuck at still waiting for root device after updating to 10.7.2. Go back and find the threads, maybe there are useful hints.

Seems like people stuck at "still waiting for root device" after updating to 10.7.2 had old versions of Chameleon. I've tried several recent (17xx-18xx), no dice. I think this is something different, furthermore I have no trouble with 10.7.0 - 10.7.2.

Figured out what was wrong. Had an Apple brand mini PCI wireless network card (AR5BXB92) installed. After removing it, everything was working exactly as expected.

Not sure why this card would make 10.7.3 completely {censored} out, when it was fine with earlier versions of MacOS.

Is anyone else having a weird bug with missing/wrong icons in the Recent Applications list when Firefox is open? My console has a bunch of errors like these:

Feb 9 17:16:46 iMac firefox[239]: _GetISImageRefFromIconRefInternal: could not retain image ref 0x2cff0002 (err=-2580)

Feb 9 17:57:31 iMac Finder[155]: --ImageKit Error: updateGLTextureWithBitmapData: glPixelStorei returned an error : 506 (subSize=[31.000000,18.000000] offset [981.000000,36.000000] glID:2, context:0x7ff382e9be80)

If Firefox is minimised to the dock the icons display fine. If I maximise it, they screw up again.

Also, if I clear the list and open just one app, it's icon is missing. Open a second and they both show the right icons. This is from a fresh start without running Firefox.

here we go now ... which of the three updates which were/ are available did you install?

If u installed the delta via SW update in teh very first days, just install the new combo over it, and things *might* b fine ..

Figured out what was wrong. Had an Apple brand mini PCI wireless network card (AR5BXB92) installed. After removing it, everything was working exactly as expected.

Not sure why this card would make 10.7.3 completely {censored} out, when it was fine with earlier versions of MacOS.

You are wright. Some Atheros Wi-Fi cards are breaking the boot with "Still Waiting for Root Device" error.

There must be a problem with new Atheros kexts and Atheros chipsets not recognized by Apple.

I fixed the problem using 10.7.2 IO80211Family.kext just like jazzyguy did.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that 10.7.3 takes much more time to go to sleep. If i select Sleep from the Apple Menu, it takes about 30 seconds for the system to go to sleep. Anyone else experiencing this? No biggie, though icon_e_wink_anim.gif

EDIT: It is related to my Firewire iSight, i get this error in console when going to sleep and iSight connected:

25.02.12 23:02:18,000 kernel: PM notification timeout (pid 221, coreaudiod)