Calling on boffins to help my little predicament (dear mod pls move this to Installation - i put it wrong :S )

shoobirdy

1 post in this topic

Hi All

Once I was happy, I had a stable Snow Leopard install on my beloved/cursed acer 6930g that was only marred by the fact I needed an usb dongle to get wifi working.

Fast forward a year or so and I come across a video of some guy with a 6930g with Lion fully working AND with airport active in the status bar (so basically his wifi card works), he has a site http://hackbookpro.altervista.org/ (annoying as hell ads). [i hope it's ok to link that site mods? It's only for reference for DSDTs later in my post...not spam :star_sunglasses: ]

JEEPERS!!!

Now I'm a sad, lost little boy :wallbash:

I've tried all the install methods mentioned here and none of them work. I've tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/xmove method but it doesn't work. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] has never never ever worked for me and I don't know why but sadly I try to stay away from it.

So how far have I got? Once I got the installer to boot using the xmove method. It ran horribly slowly and I managed to complete the installation but when I booted the Lion HD it wouldn't load, I can't for the life of me remember why but stupidly I didn't document it, instead foolishly thinking I'd see that installation screen again soon. How wrong I was...

So currently where am I? I'm using this method http://www.insanelym...howtopic=260594 as I feel more comfortable for whatever reason.

I keep getting stuck on booting the installer partition in one of two ways;

1. Not using any DSDT, I always hang at

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState]

I've not got a screenie for this yet but will upload one. I added the bluetooth module to my laptop myself since it didn't ship with it...I believe it's a Foxconn BCM92045NMD although I'm not 100% sure.

This worked intermittently in SL but never caused any hangs/panics that I was aware of. Is anyone aware of a way to rectify this, and even would taking the chip out of my lappy resolve it (a big job but it'd be worth it). Would a DSDT help maybe?

2. I'm a complete f@@king noob at DSDT's, I'll admit that. I tried using the DSDT from the website above and got the screenie seen. It hangs at that fooooooorever. I tried to compile my own DSDT, stumbling around in the dark, using the auto-patcher on this forum and think I've got one, but that ends up with a similar hang, albeit reason 1 (unspecified). The guy in the website uses a Mini PCI-E Broadcom Dell 1490 (BCM4232) and I've got a BCM94321MC which I'm sure is why the problem with his DSDT is present, but surely there shouldn't be one with mine? I extracted the DSDT and compiled it in OSX, I'm not sure if I'd be better off doing it in Linux maybe?

I'm pretty sure kexts aren't an issue either, I'm mainly using the one's from Maldor's USB install guide so I don't see why there should be any OS compatibility issues etc.

Really I'm just looking for a hand, I'm at the end of my knowledge and simply don't have time to be learning fully about DSDT's and stuff at the moment. If anyone can get past my ignorance and help me out, I'll try and be as helpful as possible in helping you help me :wink2:

Anyway guys, thank you for putting up with all this drivel, and of course thanks in advance if anyone sees their way fit to help me out. I've tried to put info in as possible, but have probably missed something out so please ask!

Also, I will buy you at least 10 online beers lol :P

P.S. Attached a pic or two of spec, I find it more informative that writing it maybe?

post-641201-0-56141300-1327996730_thumb.jpg

post-641201-0-77687200-1327996878_thumb.jpg

post-641201-0-13701800-1327997173_thumb.jpg

post-641201-0-65240900-1327997192_thumb.jpg