HP Dm3 questions

Tip14

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just literally found this forum and this project days ago and have since then been hooked! I managed to boot snow leopard on virtual box on my HP Dm3 and figured why not try and install the real thing on my spare dm3. So I'm trying and I have hit a wall.

Here are my system specs that I know:

HP DM3 1024US

AMD Athnlon Neo x2 Dual core Processor L335

BIOS version: F.28

BIOS vendor: Insyde

Graphics card is a Nyvidia vision

4GB ram

The spare dm3 is currently running Ubuntu.

I have burned the snow leopard osx86 iso, and the osx mod CD iso to disks and tried to boot off them, but I keep getting varied results. I usually get the common "Ebios error device timeout" and sometimes it will boot straight to the mod CD background. When at the mod cd I will try to eject the mod CD, and run the osx86 CD, but it just gives me the Ebios error again. I did manage to once get it to boot to the white text screen where it is preparing to load the osx. Unfortunally it had a kernel panic and was unable to load. If someone has any advice on what I need to do in order to get this working please help. I have read the many tutorials on the website and I still cant seem to find the right combination to get osx to install. I'm also using an external cd drive to install the osx from which is an LG super multi drive, and the all the disks we burned using power iso.

For any fellow Dm3 owners out there. If you press f8 and enter the prompt of -v cpus=1 the cd will then boot. At least it worked for me. Also when the files are loading just keep waiting it hangs a bit towards the last couple of strings, also and this might just be me but when installing osx86 don't touch anything EX: don't move the mouse, press keyboard buttons etc. I did on the first attempt and immediately got the kernel panic message.

• 5 months later...