106 posts in this topic

Hi, thanks for the dsdt. I did following:

1. went to Terminal and typed ioreg > IOregBefore.txt
  2. renamed dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml, copied to / and restored rights:
  3. sudo chown root:wheel /DSDT.aml
  4. sudo chmod 755 /DSDT.aml
  5. rebooted
  6. went to Terminal and typed ioreg > IOregAfter.txt

Should something have changed? The text files are definitely different from each other. I compared them with DiffMerge.

OK, here are the files:

Before DSDT: http://dl.dropbox.co...regBefore.ioreg

After DSDT: http://dl.dropbox.co...OregAfter.ioreg

BTW: How can I upload attachments to this forum??

make.zip and attachments work (right click compress)

seems it could use Ar9285 fix minus device id since its 2A .. just subvendor and subsystem rebrand in dsdt RP01.PXSX under _ADR add the _DSM fix minus last }

the sata is id 2929 i didnt see it in the info.plist of appleahci so i rebrand to ich8 2829 that works native.

however i see Device (SAT1)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001F0005)

is not loaded so you are using usb dvd drive.

im not sure yet of the fix for 1F5 address as thats sata not pata (ide)

try this .. i fixed the atheros subvendor subsystem , replaced Darwin to Windows 2001, added ethernet name and location 1 instead of 2 for wireless, device id changed sat0 to ich8 2829

dsdt.aml.zip

OK, I installed your DSDT. Thanks for that! :) What change should I recognize? Webcam still dead... I'll try the sleep now (I couldn't wake up the notebook after it went to sleep). Maybe this changed...

Here is the up-to-date ioreg, haha I had to click "More Reply Options" xD

MyIOreg.ioreg.zip

EDIT: Mic is working! :D

Ah cool, I will try to activate Speedstep in BIOS and see whether it boots up!

What about ACHI Mode? Shall I leave it on "Enabled"?

One more success:

I managed to be able to deactivate my Bluetooth! I had to edit the kext file IOBluetoothFamily (put the correct PID for my device). I only had to change one single character! :)

The Broadcom Vendor ID is 0A5C, hence as Decimal in the kext it should be 2652, this was correct. So I checked the device ID/PID and it says 2101, so as Decimal in the kext there should be 8449 but there wasn't! There only was 8448 so I changed it to 8449, deleted the Extensions.mkext in /Extra and rebooted with -f flag. Baam! I'm able to deactivate BT now! :king:

Soon I will post my Marvell Yukon 88e8050 kext and the Broadcom Bluetooth kext for other people with same issues who read this thread.

also enable execute disable bit.

the wake issue is likely u have Secure virtual memory in security icon of settings. uncheck it.

or usb issue.. make sure u have no sleepenabler and no intelcpudissabler

(enable usb wakeup S3 in bios and redump dsdt from linux then we can compare originals unmodified to see what changed)

whats the devid and pid of webcam?

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=238847

if that dont work then its non uvc or needs macam

bluetooth:

theres a kext for devicemergenub from andy that u can add the device id and u dont have to mod anything in /s/l/e

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236310

not sure if this applies but might help

Hey guys, can you tell me, which driver is responsible for the touchpad? I want to restore the driver from 10.6.3 because it worked OOTB just fine. After update it fails frequently, even with the driver you posted here before. I'll try it with the "old" one. Can you tell me what I have to replace?

Hm? So what am I supposed to do now? I just would like to use the old driver... Which one is it?

Another question: after a restore of Mac OS with Clonezilla onto a larger partition Mac OS still "thinks" it is a small one. I.e. "only 4 GB free space" instead of "25 GB free space" as it should be. How can I make it recognize the correct partition/free space size?

Ok guys, I fixed my trackpad with a kext from osx86. Scrolling horizontally and vertically works now (after turning it on in trackpad system settings). The driver that works for my synaptics touchpad can be found here (only download TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip): http://www.osx86.net...VNUVVJFLnppcA==

I also want to share the other drivers that work well for my Samsung Q210:

Here is my Marvell Yukon 88e8055 kext:

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Here is my Atheros AR5B91 driver (the native from 10.6.8 wouldn't activate with boot, so I just use the one from 10.6.3 Retail which works like a charm):

Apple80211Monitor.bundle.zip

And here is my Bluetooth kext, making it possible to deactivate BT:

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

Sleep enabler for 10.6.8, copy to /Extra/Extensions and restore permissions (e.g. with pfix in Terminal if you installed it):

SleepEnabler.kext.zip

The only open hardware issue is: Integrated Webcam by Syntec (USB2.0 UVC)

The only open software issue: Mac OS doesn't recognize the real free space on the partition! => Solved, read on.

It says:

Capacity: 47.66 GB

Free: 1.44 GB

USED: 14.85 GB

Does anyone know how to fix this? This occurs I guess after restoring my Clonezilla backup onto a formatted hfs+ partition. Please help. Google isn't that friendly because the problem is quite special.

Hm, they're talking of Win7 all the time. I don't quite know if that will help me.

Do you think I could make a backup with time machine on an empty partition, boot with Mac OS DVD, erase my current Mac OS and restore the one I backed up before?

Will it then be bootable? Or will it mess up Chameleon?

EDIT: Just tried it, but after choosing the backup it tells me: You can't restore this backup because it was created with a different Mac model. (see screenshot)

post-955694-0-55267300-1330895927_thumb.jpg

What else can I try? Install 10.6.3 and then merge??

u can show all files and copy it to new partition. then install chameleon . done

1) Ok, I am copying right now from my running Max OS to my empty HFS+ all the files that are in / including hidden files. Is that correct? Or will it skip files that are currently "in use"? Have I forgotten anything?

2) After the copy action I want to erase my running partition and copy the files back (from [let's name it] HFS+ partition). I will do this by booting from Mac OS DVD. OK?

3) I am confused how to install Chameleon now. I found a guide, but it implies a running system. But I will delete my Mac OS partition after copying has finished. How do I install Chameleon then? By booting with Mac OS DVD and running commands in Terminal?

4) Do I have to consider anything because of my multi boot or will Chameleon work just as it did before without messing up my MBR?

Thanks by the way for your help. I appreciate it!

if it does give issues by in usre. u can clone with disk util to another then boot that and clone original to partition. theres ways arround it. resize parittion hfs+ should be methods. i havent tried it in over a year so forgot results

MBR and osx partitioning isnt my thing.. i tried it and found way much more reiable to not mix disk partitioning types .. separate physical drives for me.

What you do is install the OS, boot your new installation with whatever media you use to install (ModCD, ######, etc), and then install Chameleon from one of the pkgs downloadable from the Chameleon buildbot.

If you can't figure it out, try using Chameleon Wizard to download it.

If you still are feeling queasy, I can put up a link to the pkg here. :)