Errors encountered while starting up the computer

sukati

106 posts in this topic

Glad to hear that the trackpad works!! For Bluetooth, if you have to use a special script in Windows most likely your Bluetooth card does not natively support on/off functions.

Yes could be. For now I'll just let it run. Maybe later I'll have a look at it.

For webcam, fixes depend on how your webcam is connected. If it is USB it should be pretty easy; if it's VGA (or anything else), it might be slightly harder. You can check where it is in Windows Device Manager.

It is even shown in my Profiler. It is connected to a USB Highspeed Bus:

USB2.0 UVC PC Camera:
 Produkt-ID: 0x5931
 Hersteller-ID: 0x174f
 Version: 11.20
 Seriennummer: 0001
 Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 480 MBit/s
 Hersteller: Syntek
 Standort-ID: 0xfa300000 / 2
 Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA): 500
 Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 500

Do you have QE/CI enabled (a good way to check is to see if DVD Player opens)?

Yep, it works. DVD opens up. And Graphics look fine. Worked out of the box from beginning.

For Mic, are you using VoodooHDA? If so, I'm writing a guide for patching audio I/O for another member; I'll link it when I'm done.

Cool! Yes, I am using VoodooHDA.

For SMBIOS, the model is supposed to be MacBook5,1, not MacBookPro5,1. So go back into Lizard and change the Model Name to MacBook, the Model Identifier to MacBook5,1, and the Boot ROM Version to MB51.88Z.00A5.B07.0706270922 (available from the pop-up menu).

OK, did it. In fact this changed nothing (so far). I will try the tip below to enhance my smbios.plist

As for com.apple.boot.plist vs. org.chameleon.boot.plist, it all depends on the version of Chameleon. If it originally had com.apple.boot.plist, that's what you use; if it had org.chameleon.boot.plist, then use that. If you made an org.chameleon.boot.plist that you want to use instead, simply rename it to com.apple.boot.plist.

For now I'll just leave the original com.apple.boot.plist. Thanks for the info.

missing SMboardproduct which means u found that somewhere from last year that someone posted

Haha, wrong! I created the smbios on my own :star_sunglasses:

did u set to Yes GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates ?

Nope, I didn't do that. But I'll use the original com.apple.boot.plist for now.

no wonder its not working with airport monitor bundle. ( u created on your own yet u copy n paste from somewhere im sure.. info doesnt appear magicaly out of thoughts)

u still didnt address the missing <key>SMboardproduct</key>

which wont let wireless work properly, needs it for lag to go away in 10.6.8 or lion... not the bundlemonitor rename.

Okay, explain me CLEARLY please, what I am supposed to do. Actually my Wireless is working (through renaming that file there). How can I get the string you say inside my smbios?

edit it with this in text editor.. (make plain text before saving)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275184&view=findpost&p=1795079

The wireless behaves like before. Also the speed is the same. The only thing that always appears is that after booting (just like before, too) I have to disable and enable Wifi else it doesn't recognize available hotspots. This is an issue I would like to have fixed. Thanx for your support!

Actually it's in /Extra. If you google DSDT Editor that is a really good (and easy) way to extract your DSDT. If you can't figure it out let me know. :)

Actually it's in /Extra. If you google DSDT Editor that is a really good (and easy) way to extract your DSDT. If you can't figure it out let me know. :)

Nope, it's neither there nor anywhere else. I do not have a dsdt. Search function also tells me no result.

BTW: can you PM me a link to a working Lion?

If you follow the instructions in my PM, you will be able to upgrade to Lion.

Hopefully LatinMcG will be able to fix your DSDT soon; I have an issue with my wireless card dropping the connection all the time (even though the router is in the same room).

If you follow the instructions in my PM, you will be able to upgrade to Lion.

Hopefully LatinMcG will be able to fix your DSDT soon; I have an issue with my wireless card dropping the connection all the time (even though the router is in the same room).

You got mail. But no positive response. I get boot1: error after failed installation. Did exactly like you said.

Try this to set your OS X partition as active:

Open Terminal (obviously from your backup partition) and type:

diskutil list

You will see something like the following:

/dev/disk0
  #:					   TYPE NAME				    SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
  0:	  GUID_partition_scheme					    *120.0 GB   disk0
  1:					    EFI						 209.7 MB   disk0s1
  2:				  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD		    119.7 GB   disk0s2
/dev/disk2
  #:					   TYPE NAME				    SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
  0:	 Apple_partition_scheme					    *119.5 GB   disk2
  1:	    Apple_partition_map						 32.3 KB    disk2s1
  2:				 Apple_HFSX Time Machine Backups    119.5 GB   disk2s2

As you can see, on my MacBook the OS X partition (Macintosh HD) is on disk0. Note whatever number your disk is. Now type:

sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

with rdisk0 being the disk containing your OS X partition. Ignore any errors that come from the above command. Now you will be needing your partition number; in my example, looking at the diskutil list, the Macintosh HD partition is 2. Based on your partition number, type:

f 2

with 2 being your partition number. Once that's done, type the following commands:

write

y

exit

and try booting again.

There is another way. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling Chameleon works. Reinstall Lion again and do this:

Open Terminal and run the following commands:

sudo -s

[enter your password]

mkdir /EB

cp -R /Extra /EB

rm -R /usr/local/bin

cd /usr/standalone/i386

mv ./boot.efi /EB

mv ./Firmware.scap /EB

cd /usr/standalone

rm -R ./i386

mkdir /usr/standalone/i386

mv /EB/boot.efi /usr/standalone/i386

mv /EB/Firmware.scap /usr/standalone/i386

And you're done. Now run this package and see if it works.

if u separate disks physically it will work with less headaches.

(desktops.. or laptops with 2 hard disk capability.. or swap drives with extra caddy if option available)

one for WinXX, Linux (max 4 primary or 3 primary and rest logical)

and Second disk for os X in GPT GUID mode.

in windows use easybcd to

1: write win7 mrb to disk1 err 0 (on port 0)

2: add Linux with Grub2 and Name it OsX & Linux

(DO NOT ADD OSX from EASYBCD if on separate drives as im suggesting in this post.. i tried both mbr and EFI and fails always, use linux instead with grub2 AND install Linux mint 10 or higher or ubuntu on same windows disk connected to port 0 of mobo, os x on port 1. boot from port0 win disk to linux and osx.. to osx chameleon menu :)

edit linux grub to add custom section #40 u add osx with Chainloader+1

menuentry "Mac OS X on HD1" {

insmod hfsplus

set root=(hd1)

chainloader +1

}

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=269949

Hi guys, I don't have a seperate empty HD where I could do that I have to manage it with one single HD. Currently I am a bit demotivated to try Lion upgrade. I wanna try it later. Can you assist me with DSDT first? I'd like to have Webcam and Mic running maybe Sleeping also (if possible). Where should I start? My DSDT is posted above.

Webcam might be fixed by DSDT, but Mic is a VoodooHDA issue. For sleep, look up the SleepEnabler for your current SL version (i.e. SleepEnabler 10.6.7)

I'll see what I can do about DSDT, but LatinMcG would know more than me on that (hence his title):)