WIP Guide Samsung 300e5a Notebooks !Everything works except Wifi!(SandyBridge, Intel HD3000)

Rockviech

6 posts in this topic

Since there is not a single post here on this forum with this notebook, i started to make a guide. Its currently wip, as some stuff doesnt work for now and hopefully we can make a full working guide (except wifi for sure).

- Installation OSX Lion with Chimera 1.5.4 and up (i have 1.7). I used Iatkos l2 with chimera and GraphicsEnabler = YES.

- For touchpad and notebook-keyboard u need those 2 kexts http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=1448

-After installation u get "Transcipt Offline", due to false ID in AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext.

- Boot into singleuser and sudo nano to change the id.

- To get Intel HD3000 working, simply change the ID in AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext. Remove the 0x in front of your id. In AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext do the same, if its not already done. Repair permissions and reboot. Voila native resolution and QE/CI

-Cardreader works nativly. Webcam also.

Edit: Sound working with newest voodohda. be sure to mod iGain in the plist file else u get a very loud echo from your microphone.

Not Working (for now):

- Wireless (and ever, maybe) Intel Wireless 1000

-Lan

Hope it helps some.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

can you give some instructions on how to install iatkos l2 on a samsung 300e5a? I've always had problems on installing it so now that I'm reading that you were successful I thought you could help me a bit :)

Thank you very much in advance!