• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

hungx

hungx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just updated my Dell Latitude E6400 (with NVIDIA Quadro graphics) to Snow Leopard 10.6.8

However, the built-in trackpad and keyboard do not work when I boot up from Chameleon (I used the latest Chameleon wizard)!! The keyboard and trackpad only work when I boot up from the XBooter CD (which was the only way for me to successfully install Snow Leopard). The battery indicator only shows up when I boot from XBooter, but does not appear when I boot up from Chameleon. The Appstore only works when I boot up from Chameleon. WiFi, Bluetooth, and the SDHC card slot do not work for both Chameleon and XBooter. I have already installed all kexts and dsdt for my model. The keyboard and trackpad stop working after an extended period of use when I boot from the XBooter CD. Also, in what position is the switch for the radio antenna to be on?

To sum it up:

Works for XBooter:
Keyboard/Trackpad (Limited functionality)
Battery Indicator (I used the Voodoo kext)
Sound

Doesn't work for XBooter:
Appstore

Works for Chameleon:
Appstore
Sound

Doesn't work for Chameleon:
Keyboard
Trackpad
Battery Indicator

Doesn't work for both Chameleon and XBooter
Wifi
Bluetooth
Mute

Please provide feedback so I can get my Hackintosh up and running. If anyone can provide feedback on how to upgrade to Lion, that would be great. I have already tried xMove, but the installation gets stuck at the Apple logo when I boot up from the installation partition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Foxic

Foxic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
Boot your system, then open your boot cd and find the preboot.dmg.
Mount preboot.dmg, all kexts from the boot disk are located here.

Find and install the necessary kexts to E/E or S/L/E

hungx

hungx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have already tried installing all the kexts from the preboot.dmg and I still experience the same issues.

Foxic

Foxic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
some kexts may be 32 bit only, some may need to be installed to S/L/E

michaspoli

michaspoli

Spo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Have Fun
TRACKPAD WORKS ONLY WITH 32 BIT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyboard, wifi, trackpad, bluetooth, battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy