Need help installing Lion on laptop

webstar1

24 posts in this topic

Guys i have spent around 24 hours since the past 3 days on getting hackintosh.

Now long story short i was so happy i got it installed on my laptop that i forgot it was still dependent on my usb to boot and formatted it. and then i went for a restart.

now i cant boot.

my other pcs dont support vmware due to intel virtulization being software not hardware (dell pc's and dont have option in bios)

now, what can i do to get chameleon again to boot?

if someone could upload chameleon files in a zip and give them to me?

im going to have a mental breakdown ! XD

i dont want to spend another 20 hours going back to windows 7 and starting from square 1

Here is an OS X package. To boot back to OS X, download a CD like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or the OSx86 ModCD, boot to OS X, and then install that package. See if that works. ;)

i need the files of what the chameleon .pkg installs.

i know what to do once i boot back.

i installed osx lion with a usb stick that i formatted

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] says it cant boot this version of mac osx :(

guess back to square1

Don't go back to square one. What are the specs of your machine?

Unfortunately there is no installation from Windows. You can install Chameleon manually from the Lion installer most likely.

If you can't boot into the Lion installer, you can most likely use Linux as well. I can look that up and report back if you're interested. :)

ok i havent formatted yet. but i have a major problem

i installed osx lion

booting :)

now if i install chameleon on my laptop

it boots to the apple logo and the things swirling at the bottom

but it doesnt boot.

i can only boot with my usb :(

help please

until now i have only tried to install a few drivers through kexthelper.

is it probably a kext is corrupted??

i dont know, im a 100% noob for hackintosh :P. but im stuck so help

EDIT: Ok i have gone through verbose mode on the chameleon installed on my laptop and it gets stuck at:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC Driver

EDIT 2: ok what i done is i installed FakeSMC.kext from my USB and it booted but now my trackpad and keyboard dont work ;'( XD Help

EDIT 3: ok installed extra lion to hdd and it boots with eripherals working. now my wifi, sound and graphics are destroyed. i searched for kexts and installed them but it still dont work.

someone help me find them :)

Intel HD Graphics (not sure which ones. but its a emachine e732z)

Broadcom 43xx 802.11 wifi

intel 5/3400 chipset hd audio

thanks

Do you have a WiFi card already?

The only WiFi cards that work with AirPort are Broadcom or Atheros based cards. You can check to see what yours is in Windows; open Device Manager and look for your WiFi card. Right-click it, choose Properties, hit the Details tab, and choose Hardware IDs from the pop-up menu. Note the characters after VEN_ and DEV_. If VEN_ is 168c, you have Atheros, and if it's 14e4, you have Broadcom. If you don't have either, I would recommend you buy an Atheros or Broadcom WiFi card. You can even get a real Mini-PCIe AirPort card if you like. :P

Do you have a WiFi card already?

The only WiFi cards that work with AirPort are Broadcom or Atheros based cards. You can check to see what yours is in Windows; open Device Manager and look for your WiFi card. Right-click it, choose Properties, hit the Details tab, and choose Hardware IDs from the pop-up menu. Note the characters after VEN_ and DEV_. If VEN_ is 168c, you have Atheros, and if it's 14e4, you have Broadcom. If you don't have either, I would recommend you buy an Atheros or Broadcom WiFi card. You can even get a real Mini-PCIe AirPort card if you like. :P

i have a broadcom bcm43xx (xx is the numbers i dont know/forgot)

i checked this with sysinfo on ubuntu when i had it running

Okay. Can you get me the device ID of the card?

I have a couple of enablers for WiFi. I just need to check if I need to patch it for your card first, so I need the dev ID of your card.

Well, if you only have Mac, download OSx86 Tools, open it, and click View PCI IDs or similar, let it install what it needs to, restart, relaunch OSx86 Tools, click View PCI IDs, and you should be able to recognize your WiFi card.

From Linux (you can use the Live CD), open Terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and type lspci -nn. You will be able to recognize your card; the IDs are enclosed in brackets at the beginning. Your vendor ID is 14e4; I need the other ID.

Thanks for that, unfortunatley i went away from hackintosh, i was falling behind in my coursework and my hope for a hackintoshed laptop was ove :(. Hopefully when i have enough stabability in my mind i will try this.

However, Click Here

As you can see nobody has been able to get my wifi to work at all. which made me lose all the hope and faith i had in this project :(

I'm sorry to hear that. :( However...

That is all the more reason to consider purchasing a new WiFi card. They're very easy to replace, and there are several cards that work out of the box. :)