This guide is based on my own experience installing OSX Lion. I didn’t hade any experience with hackintosh, so it might not be done the most efficient way. I got it all running in four hours. If you follow this guide, you can probably do it in less then two.
My specs are:
2,10 GHz processor (shouldn’t matter)
3GB RAM (shouldn’t matter)
Broadcom BCM4315 Wireless card (does matter)
What doesn’ t work for me:
- Microphone is too faint to be called working
I also give the links to the download inside de tuturial, but for pre-downloading is this the list:
- ###### http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html
- Files for /System/Library/Extensions: System:Library:Extensions.zip 314.51KB 1025 downloads
- Files for /Extra/Extensions: :Extra.zip 347.99KB 978 downloads
- Kext Utility: http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility
- Chameleon: http://www.meklort.com/ (and click on recent builds)
- OSX Lion Combo Update to 10.7.3
Step zero: Make mac with a mac
If you don’t have a mac installation, we need to create one. The way I did was installing Snow Leopard first. Just get a retail version of sleopard from some site and follow http://www.insanelym...pic=223470&st=0 till you have it booted. When you have: continue with step 1.
1: Disabling speedstep
Disable Speedstep in you bios. If you do not you will get random freezes. Which you do not want during an installation.
To do this: 1. Press F2 right after you hit the start button
2. Go to performance settings
3. Disable speedstep
4. Do not enable it again until I say so
2: Installing Lion
If you have access to a Mac installation you can use the this guide:
http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html. Do a clean install and after step 3 you should come back here.
3: Drivers from custom package, do NOT reboot untill i say so
- Copy the kexts from the System:Library:Extensions.zip 314.51KB 1025 downloads download to /System/Library/Extensions
- Copy the extracted directory from :Extra.zip 347.99KB 978 downloads to the root of your disk.
Change the string of Graphics Mode to your resolution.
Also check out an other file in de /Extra directory. Open smbios.plist
You might want to change the "SMmaximalclock" to your own. Eg for 2,4Ghz, make it 2400.
5: Install kext utility and chameleon
- Put kext utility in your application directory
- Run the chameleon installer
4: Enable speedstep
Do step one again, but now you have to enable it offcourse.
5: Updating to 10.7.3
Now you should be able to install de 10.7.3 update. Use the Combo update package from the Apple site.
6: WiFi for BCM43xx
If you have working WIFI now, you can skip this step. If you have a Intel wireless chip, you’re screwed. If you have a Broadcom chip do this:
To make WIFI work on BCM43xx:
- Remove the file /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
- Add the kext of
1267 downloads instead
- Run KextUtility
7: Fix sleep
Open a terminal and execute this command:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0Problem is that ethernet will not work after recovered from sleep. Better than no sleep at all.
- To speed up your graphics a bit: Google for “Nvidia mac driver” and install the latest version.
- Remove kexts which cause non fatal errors on bootup: If you start in verbose you see some errors caused by non functional kexts. You can remove the following kexts to get rid of the errors and safe some bootup time. Remove these from /System/Library/Extensions: audioAUUC.kext , applehda.kext. Run afterwards kext utility.
Thanks to all the people who made this so easy.
Edit 19 February 2012: removed ######, because it is not cool.
Edit 2 april 2012: new buildbot link and other trackpad/keyboard kext.