Extracting Bootcamp Drivers From Lion dmg

zoom

2 posts in this topic

I have the OSX Lion as dmg.

Installed it and then installed the windows 7, everything went pretty neat until I realized the need of drivers.

Since I installed the Lion through a bootable USB, I couldn't obtain the drivers. Don't know why, Win7 couldn't recognize the USB (probably due to its HFS format, but tried the FAT32 either, nothing changed)

Anyway, I burn the dmg onto a dvd. However it didn't work on Win7 (This time has no idea, even no assumption)

Now all I want to do get those drivers somehow. In the package content of Bootcamp in "Utilities" folder, there is nothing. Even file itself is apprx. 6.5mb

In Lion DVD couldn't find anything as well, but it has to be somewhere here.

Any idea on what I can do ?

• 2 months later...

As far as I know, you can't get those from the osx installer. Boot camp assistant gives you the option to download the drivers from the internet and burn a cd for you before you install. Just open up boot camp assistant again, do that part and then skip the install when it asks. If it gives you some sort of error, that means either your internet isn't working or you're using little snitch and need to turn him off.