Which PC laptop for OSX install?

cyanbaby101

9 posts in this topic

i want to buy a pc soon, but before i will buy it, i want to know what kind of hardware to buy to make sure osx will work.

i have some plans about some parts but i'm not sure yet, i want to buy a amd motherboard for new zambezi procesor fx 8150.

it will work with:

ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard

EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 - videocard

i know that this components are most important for osx. Or somebody can tell me what will be best components for amd machine.

thanks.

Basically what you need to be extremely careful about is your graphics card. All other components have fixes (such as hard drive controllers), or can be replaced (such as WiFi cards), but graphics chips are very particular and you don't want to regret your purchase. Because you do not have the liberty to swap graphics cards in a laptop, you need to be very careful in what you choose. Choose a laptop either with a nVidia graphics card (these are the easiest to work with), or Intel HD Graphics 3000. Do not choose ATi as they can be a real pain...

Choose Intel as they are the easiest to work with and are compatible with Lion.

• 2 months later...