1 reply to this topic

danill2008

danill2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

I successfully installed Lion 10.7.2 on my Asus P8H67-V, with Sound and Network working so far (can't be bothered at the moment with Sleep and USB3, first want to get my graphics up and running)

For this build I used iAtkos L2 10.7.2, without selecting anything before installation.

Unfortunately after the install, when I tried to boot, it loaded (showed the Apple logo) and after a while totally went black and stayed that way (screen lost signal). Initially I though there was something wrong with the build, but then realized it could be my graphics card, which indeed was the case. So I removed the Sapphire, started up with success and installed all the drivers etc. When it was time to install my graphics card, I located a 6870 kext on osx86.net (well 4 kexts in one file actually - ATI6000Controller, ATIFramebuffer, ATISupport and ATY_Init). I installed via Kext Wizard and shutdown my mac, plugged in the Sapphire and started-up. Only problem is, black screen again.

I tried: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "PCIRootUID=1", but still no joy.

I saw that all XFX 6870 are supported natively, but currently I have a Sapphire (can't imagine that the two is that much different). Does somebody perhaps have a solution for me or any advice?

I would appreciate if very much :wink2:

Kind Regards

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 323 posts
i have the same card and it works out of the box . i have just chameleon 1803. this is whats in my boot plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>default</string>
you could try changing the frame buffer at boot screen type in. AtiConfig=(then the frame buffer.) here are some to try

Pithecia, Bulrushes, Cattail, Hydrilla, Duckweed, Fanwort, Elodea, Kudzu,
Gibba, Lotus, Ipomoea, Muskgrass, Juncus and Osmunda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy