Luxmark v4.0alpha1 (Nov 2020) - OpenCL Benchmark

mitch_de

211 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

Interesting to see the steps up by new AMD/Nvidia gpu computing power by focus on better+faster gpu computing hw-design.

AMD 4870 : 202

AMD 6870 : 608

AMD 7970 : 1990

(all example results scene SALA (medium)

Same happens on Nvidia. OpenGL speed isnt the way faster (10 times AMD 4870 vs 7970) as gpu computing diff.

• 3 weeks later...

for my 2001th post I give you:

LuxMark v2.0.jpg

Then when we add the CPU running at 3.8ghz and we:

LuxMark v2.0cpu.jpg

Go down? I hope that speaks highly of the GPU and not the other way around...

Edited by eep357
nope, something's wrong with CPU, too be continued....
  • Like 1

using OpenCL GPu + OpenCL CPU isnt very usable! Normally OpenCL Apps (or better - some tasks of the app) run gpu only , otherwise CPU has too much to do, because the CPU must (even running OpenCL gpu only) lots of things (cpu load) to communicate / fill/ receive gpu with data. The more complex the code and faster the gpu the less usable is GPU+CPU compared to GPU only.

• Like 1

Damn, someone snuck in my room last night and swapped my reference 7970 for a Ghz addition. They must have been gone in a flash cause I didn't see nothing :)

LuxMark v2.0Ghz.jpgLuxMark v2.0easy.jpgLuxMark v2.0hard.jpg

Edited by eep357
added easy and hard scenes

• 2 weeks later...

Overclocked?

just with Ghz edition BIOS flash. I mucked around a bit with a few settings in the ATI7000Controller.kext, had Clover load the ROM from seperate file, running newest 10.8.3 beta, but still hard to account for the huge performance jump.

I second eep357's post as last time I recalled the Lightning edition of the 580 looks something like:

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-21%20at%203.21.56%20AM.png

Unless you took a Lightning cable as shown:

iPhone-5-Lightning-2012-09-12-closeup.jpg

and plugged it into your Lightning 580 card to OC it a good bit. My assumption could be incorrect it's just a theory.

Card is clocked at 940 Mhz GPU thats why it says 1880 Mhz ,thats the shader speed,double GPU speed.

My point is that scores in Luxmark can be falsified with modifying the benchmark itself,maybe the new 10.8.3 update somehow does this unwillingly. Thats why eep got a huge jump in score.On the other hand those ATI cards are monsters in OpenCL.