10 replies to this topic

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hey guys,

I just can't take it anymore: Every time I reboot my system, VoodooHDA resets the settings for my optical SPDIF output to 192000 Hz and 32-Bit, which is, since optical SPDIF can only handle 20-Bit, a bit (lol) too much.

I tried to use Automator to run something at login with GUI scripting, I knew it wouldn't be a good solution. It didn't work anyway.

Now I want to actually patch the DSDT of my ASUS P5N-D motherboard to include the HDEF stuff I heard about, but what exactly do I have to do?

I know I also need AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2, but how do I actually patch my DSDT?

Thank you guys in advance

Tobias

OK, just saw the DSDT forum, maybe that would be a better place, mod should decide :)

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

Hey guys,

I just can't take it anymore: Every time I reboot my system, VoodooHDA resets the settings for my optical SPDIF output to 192000 Hz and 32-Bit, which is, since optical SPDIF can only handle 20-Bit, a bit (lol) too much.

I tried to use Automator to run something at login with GUI scripting, I knew it wouldn't be a good solution. I didn't work anyway.

Now I want to actually patch the DSDT of my ASUS P5N-D motherboard to include the HDEF stuff I heard about, but what exactly do I have to do?

I know I also need AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2, but how do I actually patch my DSDT?

Thank you guys in advance

Tobias

OK, just saw the DSDT forum, maybe that would be a better place, mod should decide :)

See post #5 here..........and look for a OX Lion compatible legacy ALC883 kext.......

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Ok, so I modified my DSDT according to the linked instrustions, but my system would always KP on boot when I tried to use it.

I now have a small app written in AppleScript to open the Audio-MIDI-Setup utility and set everything up the right, but I would still love to just have "native" audio working.

I've attached the DSDTs below, if anyone could check it and find out what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Attached File  P5N-D DSDT.zip   36.21KB   52 downloads

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

Ok, so I modified my DSDT according to the linked instrustions, but my system would always KP on boot when I tried to use it.

I now have a small app written in AppleScript to open the Audio-MIDI-Setup utility and set everything up the right, but I would still love to just have "native" audio working.

I've attached the DSDTs below, if anyone could check it and find out what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Attached File  P5N-D DSDT.zip   36.21KB   52 downloads

Try the patched DTGP and HDEF patched dsdt.aml file here (rename a copy as DSDT.aml and put in /Extra or in /):
Attached File  verdant P5N-D DSDT.zip   85.84KB   95 downloads
with Legacy ALC883 kexts in /E/E to see if any work for you.......

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Thanks verdant!

This at least gets me to the point where the audio chip gets properly recognized as "Intel HD Audio" in System Profiler, but nothing more. I already tried the ALC8xx kext from ##### in conjunction with the AppleHDA rollback.

What exactly do you mean by "legacy ALC883 kexts" or should I say, which one(s)?

Thanks for all your help.

Tobias

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

Thanks verdant!

This at least gets me to the point where the audio chip gets properly recognized as "Intel HD Audio" in System Profiler, but nothing more. I already tried the ALC8xx kext from ##### in conjunction with the AppleHDA rollback.

What exactly do you mean by "legacy ALC883 kexts" or should I say, which one(s)?

Thanks for all your help.

Tobias

BTW MacMan's ALC8xxHDA.kext is a single combined LegacyHDA kext replacement ONLY FOR Realtek ALC888, ALC887/888b, ALC889, ALC885/889a, and ALC892 high-definition audio codecs.......not ALC883.......

A legacy kext is an Info.plist-only kext.........it purpose is to inject the necessary device information and configuration into the kernel, without the need to modify an actual corresponding kext, e.g. a kext residing in /Sytem/Library/Extensions......

If you look in the Contents folder of a legacy kext, you will invariably see just an Info.plist file (and sometimes a Resources file)......

I hope this helps you locate a working ALC883 legacy kext to put in /E/E that works with the 10.6.2 version AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E.......use IM Search function and /or Google with ALC883 and legacy kext etc. as search terms.....

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
So, I tried several legacy ALC883 kexts but none of them seem to work.

The farthest I got was most of my inputs showing up in "System Profiler", but not in "System Preferences".

I always get 2 sound assertion errors in the console, pathMap_aDriverInstance and createAudioEngines.

Still trying to at least get VoodooHDA working, the newest version doesn't even seem to work, all I get is a kernel panic when setting proper audio settings.

Tobias

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

So, I tried several legacy ALC883 kexts but none of them seem to work.

The farthest I got was most of my inputs showing up in "System Profiler", but not in "System Preferences".

I always get 2 sound assertion errors in the console, pathMap_aDriverInstance and createAudioEngines.

Still trying to at least get VoodooHDA working, the newest version doesn't even seem to work, all I get is a kernel panic when setting proper audio settings.

Tobias

This topic may be of interest.........

I presume that when trying the various ALC883 legacy kexts with the HDEF/DTGP patched DSDT.aml file, you have been using the Snow Leopard v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext

Attached File  AppleHDA.1062.zip   1.27MB   341 downloads

in the place of the OS X Lion 10.7.x AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ as you should do......renaming the OS X Lion AppleHDA.kext as, for example, AppleHDA.kext.1072_Orig via Terminal, which converts it to a folder and so stops it loading.....allowing AppleHDA.1062.kext to load instead.....

Edited by verdant, 15 January 2012 - 05:07 PM.

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for the link, I had instant success with the kext from the linked thread.

The only thing that's missing is the SPDIF output, What do I need to change?

Thanks

Tobias

tazsummers

tazsummers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

cannot get my ALC883 to work

I have a GA-G31M-ES2L rev 2 with ALC883 audio.
Running ###### with DSDT on lion 10.7.4
I have tried all voodoo with no luck
I have tried every alc883 kext i can find on the internet.
The system profiler shows Intel High Defiinition Audio under Audio Hardware with Audio ID: 12 which I don't know what this means.
I think something els maybe stopping sound form working but I've run out of things to try. Please Please Please Help This is sooooooooooooo frustrating as I've been doing this for a week!

Joe

tazsummers

tazsummers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How the hell am I suppose to know you don't like to ny mac on here.

I am looking for a solution not some gobby arrogant nerfherder.

I have tried all boot loaders including chameleon, chim era, kake walk etc and still no sound!

Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy