13 replies to this topic

georgenis

georgenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello Community,

my problem is i dont know how to install macosx snowleopard on my asus 1215b (e450 apu). Is there one professional guide which shows me how?

Best regards
georgenis

lesh

lesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi, I'm writing you directly from an Asus 1215B with Snow Leopard 10.6.0. It works but don't very well: Audio, Wireless and Graphics don't work and for now there is no way to turn them on, kexts don't exist. And it's not possible to update to a newer version of OSX, I tried several times to update to 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 but don't work, and formatted a lot of times.

To install snow leopard you need:

- A working OSX in another PC/Mac, i use a virtualbox emulated machine in my desktop pc.
- A Usb pen larger than 8 GB, i use a 16gb
- A snow leopard installation dvd image dmg format (you can create it from an original DVD)
- The package I just uploaded for you :), based on Nawcom Mod USB, download from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPGLZRKE

The procedure is:

- In the working OS X machine, put the Snow Leo install DVD image on the desktop, download and unzip my package, and plug in your usb pen.

- Open DiskUtility, click on you pen and then on partition, select 1 Partition, select GUID paritition in options and select MAC OS X Extended (Journaled) as filesystem, then click Apply.

- Once finished, always in disk utility, click on restore and select the install dvd image (with extension .dmg) as source, and your pen as destination. Start the restore and wait to finish.

- Now close DiskUtility, open the folder Post-Installation included in my package and start the Chameleon installation package, choose as installation destination the USB pen with OS X install dvd you just created.

- Once chameleon is installed, copy the two folders of my package (Extra and Post-Installation) in the USB pen with OS X install DVD.

- You are now ready: unplug the usb pen and put it in your laptop, then turn it on and put the usb pen as first device in the boot order, save and exit.

- Now the pen should boot, choose Mac OS X Install DVD form the Dos-Like menu of chameleon and wait to the installation to start.

- Choose your language and click next, now go in Utilities -> Disk Utility and choose the first hard disk, click on partition and format it as you formatted the pen before (1 partition GUID, OS X Extended Journaled) and call it how you want (i call it OSX), then apply changes and close disk utility once it finished.

- Now you can continue the installation. It takes about 20 minutes to finish.

- Sometimes the installation terminates with a problem, DON'T WORRY, it's installed correctly ;) restart anyway and DON'T REMOVE the USB PEN

- At chameleon Boot chose the just Installed OS X partition and complete registration (you have to use a LAN cable to connect to internet if you want to link your apple id account to your installation)

- Once registration is finished open the USB pen and click on Post-Installation, install chameleon like you did before, but this time select the installed partition as installation destination.

- When the installation finishes open your hard drive and copy the Extra folder of the USB pen, then open the Post-Installation folder and copy the 2 files (org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist) in the /Extra folder inside the installation partition.

- Now unplug the usb pen and restart. You did it!

Hope it's all clear, sorry for my bad English, if you have questions just ask me.

Cheers

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Thanks for the guide
any news for Audio, Wireless and Graphics?
Could you plaese upload again your pack : Extra, kexts, boot file...
Thanks for sharing

lesh

lesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I lost the package when megaupload closed. But that package is similar to the nawcom modusb. Sorry

georgenis

georgenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello Community,

i tried to install Mac OS X 10.6.0/3 (both Versions) like "lesh" told, but when i installed the os...and i boot the bootloader from my usb....i get everytime following error: "DMI table entries list is full! Next entries won't be stored." and my pc restarts....its an endless loop! :-(

Can anyone help me?

Lilith

Lilith

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
The user: pippobla has helped me a month ago..

Install the hazard 10.6.6i using an external dvd and with this flags to can boot in the installation of snow leopard:

busratio=16 -v cpus=1 System Type=2 maxmem=4096 -i386 -v

After you did this you must choose this options (in the customize options before press install):

!Important, format the disk to macos journaled!

Select, kernel legacy, chameleon, in the laptop tab select the option voodoo (to enable mouse and keyboard) when you have installed snow leopard, boot and install the wireless using the (io80211 family.kext) and audio use (voodoohda 2.7.3).

If you can't boot, use the dvd of hazard 10.6.6i and use this flags (for me had worked):

-v cpus=1 busratio=16 -i386

if you have more of 4gigs of ram, use also this: maxmem=4096

so: -v cpus=1 busratio=16 -i386 maxmem=4096

Every works except the the graphics and the qe/ci :\

Hope this help.

Gabriele.

amir_hz

amir_hz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Lilith,

Can you upload the kext for audio and wifi?
or at least a link where you download it.

I have tried many kext, but no one can.
even many causes kernel panic.

Lilith

Lilith

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I had not tried. Because when i seen the missing support for qe/ci i had deleted everything.

Sorry man.

pippobla

pippobla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi amir,
i install the kexts voodoohda 2.7.3 for audio and io80211 family for wifi, once installed the audio mekes a noise that you can remove with gain control on audio panel.
Sorry but i aven't the link for the kext
i'm stell looking for a video kext but no result
ciao

dezerd

dezerd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello guys,

First, sorry for my english...
I tried to install Mac osx on my EEE pc 1215b e-450.

With the Hazard 10.6.6i distro, i can't type parameters with the F8 option. In deed, my laptop freeze and i must make an hard reboot.
With the hazard SSE2/SSE3 intel&AMD distro, my laptop reboot. ( I can type

busratio=16 -v cpus=1 System Type=2 maxmem=4096 -i386 -v )

AHCI is ok.

Any ideas

?

EDIT : The problem is before the installation

georgenis

georgenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys,

i am looking forward to somebody who can help me for installing my asus 1215b! it doesnt work everytime i get different errors -.-

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
Georgenis,
You need to provide more information before anyone can help you. What problem(s) are you having? Without any basic information, we cannot help you.

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

georgenis

georgenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I ve got the Hazard 10.6.6i version but ican get it booted :( I got no dvd rom device in my netbook....what do i have to install on my usb key?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
any news abutr a working pack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy