Any way to get Prism USB WLAN working with this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mcfresh

mcfresh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi!

I searched the net to get my Netgear MA111v1 WLAN stick working. Then i found the following:

http://www.soulman.de/mac.html (scroll down to see english guide)

Theroetically, it could work, because the MA111 is prism based and it is even listed as device in the "intersil prism2.kext".
I tried it, but i couldn't get it working. I think it's a matching issue, as when i boot with -v, i can see that there is something like "IOUSB bla bla not matched" (very often the same text), later is reads "IOUSBHUB bla bla matched".

So i think i may be close to it, but some kexts may need some tuning (matching id's or smth). As im no pro, i don't know what to edit.
If this guide is real and no fake, then it could work.....
Any helps appreciated!

thx

mcfresh

mcfresh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hm, as i never read about anyone who got a prism based USB Wlan working with Mac OS, maybe i should just forget about it and not waste my time, right?
i was just curious about that guide, which somehow looked easy and promising....

regards,

mcmurderman

mcmurderman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
McFresh,
I was able to get a Siemens SpeedStream usb wlan adapter to work correctly with my iBook running OS X 10.4.7. Its a prism based wireless adapter. I think I may still have the kexts I used if you need them. Id be glad to walk you through what I did. Repost, or email me if you still need some help.

galexkiss@gmail.com

mcfresh

mcfresh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
hi mcmurderman,

Thx for ur reply! It would be great for me to try your personal guide to this! The only issue may be that drivers for a powerbook (is your ibook a ppc?) may not work on intel, but i really like to try it anyways. If that works it would be a great step forward in getting wlan to work on mac os, not only for me, but also for all the other users of prism-based usb adapters (which are very common as far as i understand it).
If u don't like the feeling of posting a .kext here, u can email it to me: "michi5579@gmx.at"

Thx!!!!

Midget

Midget

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
would this kext work with a dell 1450 usb (prism2) card? if so please can you post it / email it to me csutcliff*Anti Spam*@gmail.com (remove *Anti Spam*)

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
The prism driver works only on PPC machines and not on Intels... any update on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy