24 posts in this topic

Hi i got some problems with my Network using iAtkos S3 1.6.3....

I have the Broadcom 57xx card and i tried BCM5722D.kext and installed it with Kext Wizard but after the reboot nothing happens... Its normal with no network connection.

Please help me :(

Update: I got the Broadcom BCM5752 to be more specific.

Xuraz, is this a wireless connection or a wired connection? I have enablers for both.

What is the device ID for your controller? If it's not in my enablers I can add the ID for you.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to get the IDs in Mac OS, download OSx86 Tools, click View PCI IDs or similar, let it install what it needs to, restart, relaunch OSx86 Tools, and click View PCI IDs. You should be able to recognize your Ethernet controller in there. The IDs will be in brackets.

In Windows, open Device Manager, find your Ethernet card, double-click it, hit the Details tab, and choose Hardware IDs from the pop-up menu. The IDs will be after VEN_ and DEV_.

Here are 4 kexts in this zip. Drag IONetworkingFamily.kext and BCM5722D.kext into /Extra/Extensions and restart. If that doesn't work, delete BCM5722D.kext and throw AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If that doesn't work, delete AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext and put AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If that doesn't work, I can try patching the kexts in a different way.

Thanks testing right now.. Reporting later

I dont have the "/Extra/Extensions" Folder, can i place it in SLE?

My comp dosen't boot after adding IONetworkingFamlily.kext and BCM5722D.kext :((( Help

OOPS nvm it booted by default to my flashdrive soz xD

Heh. xD

You can place it in /S/L/E, but I haven't had much success there. If you have Snow Leopard, you can probably create an Extensions directory in /Extra.

Did you install Chameleon to the EFI partition? Under normal conditions there is an Extra folder at the root of your hard drive. If not, most likely you have Chameleon on your EFI partition.

Open Terminal and type:

diskutil list

You should find a list of your disks on your system. Find your OS X drive. Look above your partition; there should be a partition called "EFI" (or a partition about 200 MB). Note the diskXsY numbers at the right; the X and Y will be partition numbers, such as disk0s1. Once you have those numbers, type the following:

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

mount_hfs /dev/diskXsY /Volumes/EFI

See if there is something in that volume. There might be an Extensions folder or an Extra folder; if there's Extra, look in there to see if there is an Extensions folder. Wherever it is, if you can find a Extensions folder anywhere, put those kexts in there and reboot. :)

Are you using MBR? There is an EFI partition only if you are using GPT.

That's really odd...so you go to Network preferences and then it freezes...have you checked for an Ethernet card in System Profiler (located in /Applications/Utilities)? Boy, I've never run into this before...

Okay, I'll repatch the kexts.

MBR stands for Master Boot Record. It is the default partition scheme for BIOS-based machines. GPT stands for GUID Partition Table; it is used by EFI-based machines (including Macs). You can check in Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities); select your hard drive, and in the bottom it should say Master Boot Record or GUID Partition Table.

It's neither. It's merely a choice; some people prefer MBR, and some GPT (I personally prefer GPT). It's all opinion, though, so you don't need to worry about it.