Dell Precision M65 Network problems...

Dell Precision M65 Broadcom 57xx Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Intel Centrino Duo Snow Leopard 1.6.3 iAtkos S3

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi i got some problems with my Network using iAtkos S3 1.6.3....
I have the Broadcom 57xx card and i tried BCM5722D.kext and installed it with Kext Wizard but after the reboot nothing happens... Its normal with no network connection.

Please help me :(

Update: I got the Broadcom BCM5752 to be more specific.

jakealley26

jakealley26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having a similar issue with a Realtek nic. I wonder if putting in a pci nic that is known to be natively compatible would work. Would anybody know how to go about doing that? I stuck in an older Realtek and it didn't get recognized.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Xuraz, is this a wireless connection or a wired connection? I have enablers for both.

What is the device ID for your controller? If it's not in my enablers I can add the ID for you.

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Sorry for late response... Its a wired card. I dont know the device id, how do i find the device id?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
If you want to get the IDs in Mac OS, download OSx86 Tools, click View PCI IDs or similar, let it install what it needs to, restart, relaunch OSx86 Tools, and click View PCI IDs. You should be able to recognize your Ethernet controller in there. The IDs will be in brackets.

In Windows, open Device Manager, find your Ethernet card, double-click it, hit the Details tab, and choose Hardware IDs from the pop-up menu. The IDs will be after VEN_ and DEV_.

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Okay thanks i'll try that when i come home from school :)

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
My device ID is 1600

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Okay, I'll patch the kext and upload it. :)

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you very much! :)

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Progress? :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Here are 4 kexts in this zip. Drag IONetworkingFamily.kext and BCM5722D.kext into /Extra/Extensions and restart. If that doesn't work, delete BCM5722D.kext and throw AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If that doesn't work, delete AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext and put AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If that doesn't work, I can try patching the kexts in a different way.

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks testing right now.. Reporting later

I dont have the "/Extra/Extensions" Folder, can i place it in SLE?

My comp dosen't boot after adding IONetworkingFamlily.kext and BCM5722D.kext :((( Help

OOPS nvm it booted by default to my flashdrive soz xD

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Heh. xD

You can place it in /S/L/E, but I haven't had much success there. If you have Snow Leopard, you can probably create an Extensions directory in /Extra.

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
None of them worked in /S/L/E...

Where do i create the "/Extra/Extensions" folder? And do i have to copy all kexts from S/L/E to it?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Did you install Chameleon to the EFI partition? Under normal conditions there is an Extra folder at the root of your hard drive. If not, most likely you have Chameleon on your EFI partition.

Open Terminal and type:

diskutil list

You should find a list of your disks on your system. Find your OS X drive. Look above your partition; there should be a partition called "EFI" (or a partition about 200 MB). Note the diskXsY numbers at the right; the X and Y will be partition numbers, such as disk0s1. Once you have those numbers, type the following:

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

mount_hfs /dev/diskXsY /Volumes/EFI

See if there is something in that volume. There might be an Extensions folder or an Extra folder; if there's Extra, look in there to see if there is an Extensions folder. Wherever it is, if you can find a Extensions folder anywhere, put those kexts in there and reboot. :)

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
It gives me Permision Denied. Fix?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Before you execute those commands, type sudo -s. That will log you in as root; you can then enter the commands I gave you.

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I don't have any EFI partition... What should i do?

Cause when i install the kext's to S/L/E and reboots, After that i try to open the network properties and it stucks...

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Are you using MBR? There is an EFI partition only if you are using GPT.

That's really odd...so you go to Network preferences and then it freezes...have you checked for an Ethernet card in System Profiler (located in /Applications/Utilities)? Boy, I've never run into this before...

Xuraz

Xuraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Sorry im new to all of this... What is MBR? and btw i tried all kexts and it doesn't find any Ethernet Cards...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dell Precision M65, Broadcom 57xx, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, Intel Centrino Duo, Snow Leopard 1.6.3, iAtkos S3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy