[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

lenovo lion t510 osx mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

themusicalduck

themusicalduck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Yeah, I did update the dsdt too, also renewed the kernel cache. Still not sure why it didn't work.

Seems like something catastropic and probably unrelated has happened anyway, since everything has gone completely wrong and none of my preferences will be saved, if it even boots up and even getting some KPs. Since my time machine backups seem to be useless, I guess I'll be reinstalling, so I'll try the new kexts out then and report back.

Making a video might be a good idea actually. Although for now, here's a picture of ML running with triple screens, two powered by the eGPU - http://i.imgur.com/8KUwW.jpg (and token laser eyed cat).

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
laser cat is nice! and triple monitor setup in nice too, hope I can drive IBM T221 with gtx280 in future=)

to check what is wrong with kexts you can boot with -v -f npci=0x2000 and see what's happened. Of course remove startup cache, few days ago I've installed beta release of 10.8.2 build c50 and i get stuck on boot until revert to older kexts from latest pack

Yeah, I did update the dsdt too, also renewed the kernel cache. Still not sure why it didn't work.

Seems like something catastropic and probably unrelated has happened anyway, since everything has gone completely wrong and none of my preferences will be saved, if it even boots up and even getting some KPs. Since my time machine backups seem to be useless, I guess I'll be reinstalling, so I'll try the new kexts out then and report back.

Making a video might be a good idea actually. Although for now, here's a picture of ML running with triple screens, two powered by the eGPU - http://i.imgur.com/8KUwW.jpg (and token laser eyed cat).

Fouer

Fouer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Joshhh.

I've tried using your Easy Install Guide to get Mac Os on my T510i 4314-6AG (no Nvidia card, only Intel graphics).
When I try booting a new system it catches reboot loop. Cant get to step 4. Any help on that? What should I do?

upd. Yeah, my CPU is i5 430m if it helps

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
If it loops try to check boot loader version. And check boot log with -v -f npci=0x2000

Hey Joshhh.

I've tried using your Easy Install Guide to get Mac Os on my T510i 4314-6AG (no Nvidia card, only Intel graphics).
When I try booting a new system it catches reboot loop. Cant get to step 4. Any help on that? What should I do?

upd. Yeah, my CPU is i5 430m if it helps

Fouer

Fouer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If it loops try to check boot loader version. And check boot log with -v -f npci=0x2000

Thanks, I've changed my Chamelion to Chimera and stoped rebooting. But I still cant load Os X. Now it is stuck during loading process after loading ntfs driver I suppose.

Here's a photo:
Attached File  chimera.jpg   578.07KB   75 downloads

Update.

I've tried disconnecting all other drives from the system so it wont need to check ntfs partitions. It does not, but still cant boot. Now it stops again at the same time, here is the photo:
Attached File  chimera1.jpg   591.58KB   65 downloads

Any help, plzzzzzzz?

themusicalduck

themusicalduck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
It's probably because you are using the Intel graphics which aren't supported as well under OSX.

You could try using this http://www.osx86.net...ics_latest.html or http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2516 - although I don't think it supports QE/CI, but it might at least allow you to boot.

Fouer

Fouer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It's probably because you are using the Intel graphics which aren't supported as well under OSX.

You could try using this http://www.osx86.net...ics_latest.html or http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2516 - although I don't think it supports QE/CI, but it might at least allow you to boot.

Thanks for reply, but didnt help :( Still stuck.

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
very strange, even intel hd graphics or any other unsupported graphics cards should allow to boot in vesa mode,
but logs didn't show me anything, no errors, no messages

last option is boot with flags

-v -f -x npci=0x2000

this is safe graphics mode, a year ago it helped me to boot with unsupported version of geforce gts 450

wyxz2008

wyxz2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Universal patcher for system kexts
Posted Image

Set boot screen brightness... interesting. Could you upload this patcher?

Fouer

Fouer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

very strange, even intel hd graphics or any other unsupported graphics cards should allow to boot in vesa mode,
but logs didn't show me anything, no errors, no messages

last option is boot with flags

-v -f -x npci=0x2000

this is safe graphics mode, a year ago it helped me to boot with unsupported version of geforce gts 450

Thanks, it helped. Now I can boot but cant change my screen resolution. I guess it is because it's a safe mod. Anyways, thanks, hope I'll manage to find a solution to make it work properly :)

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I'll upload it in friday maybe with OSX simple installation guide and some other stuff

Since Lenovo has a buggy ACPI screen brightness use third party tool to setup it on OS boot

Set boot screen brightness... interesting. Could you upload this patcher?

Resolution change is possible with Switchresx tool or with some frame buffer patches/replacements that can setup few modes. Don't know much about this and Intel HD Graphics but it worked on GMA950 on my old Acer Travelmate 2480 on 10.5.8

Thanks, it helped. Now I can boot but cant change my screen resolution. I guess it is because it's a safe mod. Anyways, thanks, hope I'll manage to find a solution to make it work properly :)

sledgehammer89

sledgehammer89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Can I upgrade to 10.8.2 and copy-over your Kext? Or any other thing which I need to do?

Thank you!

Edit: even if I don't have a backup harddrive, I just installed 10.8.2 as described above:
install 10.8.2 combo update, don't reboot when it say to reboot, copied over Joshhh Kext, set chmod root:wheel to this Kext, deleted /L/C and /S/L/C, then reboot

Every that worked with 10.8.0 work with 10.8.2 :)

xxxhonyy

xxxhonyy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Joss,

When I replace device (HDEF) layout on my W520 "dsdt.aml" as you adviced I will get an error - would you please have a look at the screenshot enclosed? I might be doing something wrong, excuse me please.. I'm very new to OSx86.

I've tried to place my patched dsdt.aml file to /Extra/ but OS does not pick it up (when I reboot and extract DSDT again, the content is original).

After I install AppleHDA (using kext wizard), my OS failes to start, I needs to restore to get back.

Any idea?

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 7.06.32 PM.png   584.52KB   58 downloads

This is original content...

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Name (_S3D, 0x03)
Name (RID, 0x00)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x04
})
Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Noop
}
}

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Simple 10.7-10.8 installation guide video

http://youtu.be/6IwgNrVbx9w

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Small preparations for large update again. I've patched DSDTs for nvidia capable Lenovo Thinkpads T and W series

T510 step by step patches

Posted Image

https://www.dropbox....tep-by-step.zip

DSDTs for other related Thinkpads

Models affected:

T410 with NVS3100 256/512mb

W510 with Quadro 880M

W520 with Quadro 1000M and 2000M

T420 and T520 and possible 430/530 lineup will be added later

Posted Image

https://www.dropbox....r-Thinkpads.zip

PS. Universal patcher is almost done with little bit more functions. Release it tomorrow possible depending on job load

javiercordero20

javiercordero20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hello Everyone,

I've installed the files and DSDT for my T410 and everything works (except VoodooHDA) for some reason without any errors. I've tried the AppleHDA for 10.7 and 10.8 with no errors what so ever and no sound. Anyone have any clues what it could be?

At least everything else works fine and speedy on my SSD :)

Appreciate all the help and good work dude!

BuckSS

BuckSS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi All!
Updated to 10.8.2 almost without a problems, but have an issue: when i plug an USB flash drive or USB HDD, after a couple of minutes my T510 freezes. Can't find an error in logs, but i'll try.
What can be a problem?

javiercordero20

javiercordero20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hi All!
Updated to 10.8.2 almost without a problems, but have an issue: when i plug an USB flash drive or USB HDD, after a couple of minutes my T510 freezes. Can't find an error in logs, but i'll try.
What can be a problem?

Have you used the files he posted previously? Does it lockup or does it panic and can you show a screenshot if it does?

BuckSS

BuckSS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Have you used the files he posted previously? Does it lockup or does it panic and can you show a screenshot if it does?

As i said, it freezes, so i can't take a screenshot. No panic, just lockup
I have used last DSDT, but didn't tried last .dsl, DSDT Editor provides errors when compiling it and can't fix them.
4641 Warning ResourceTag smaller than Field (Tag: 8 bits, Field: 16 bits)

5258 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (ITOR)
(i think it don't know "MONITOR")
5891 Warning Reserved method should not return a value (_Q16)
10263 Warning Reserved method should not return a value (_Q15)

hm, tried now to plug and work with USB flash drives and HDD, no freezes at all...
I think it freezes when IT want to, at important and busy moments, as usual =)

Jappiman

Jappiman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hello!
First of all, I'd like to thank Joshhh, for providing us with such an easy and straightforward way to have Mountain Lion installed in our Thinkpads (I have a t410 with 256mb nVidia graphics).

I am having some troubles, though. I'm getting some ramdom crashes in my system, for no apparent reason. Recently I've nailed it down to file operations, specially with large transfers with a lot of files, as the User's Library directory. First I noticed while copying it with Finder.app, as the system would crash, without leaving a hint in the log files. Next I tried doing it in single user mode (booting with the -s flag), getting a kernel panic, screengrabs of which I attach in this message.

I have a OCZ Vertex 4 SSD Drive(latest firmware installed), I tried both with Trim Enabler and without. I also checked the drive with Lenovo's bios' utility.

Is anyone having similar troubles? Does anyone know how to fix this?

UPDATE:
I just got some more messages in my last crash.

the messages I get are:
SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully (failedCommandInfo = 0x1)
(repeated 6 times)
SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding. (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x01, failedCommandInfo = 0x01)

I'm not sure if they are related to the crash, but they might add some information...

UPDATE (again):
I avoided the crashes by removing the DVD Drive, it's not an elegant solution, but I already ordered an Optical Bay hard disk caddy :-)

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy