[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to install OSX on a Thinkpad T510: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T510

It has a Intel® Core™ i5 processor i5-520M (2.40 GHz) with dual core, Intel HD Graphics, ThinkPad 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II (Realtek RTL8192SE / RTL8188CE), etc.

I worked through a lot of general OSX El Capitan install tutorials but I never got to the install stage (with all kinds of errors). Is it impossible to install 10.11 on my T510?

Can somebody help me? Maybe with a minimal tutorial (just a config.plist and a kext-archive). Then I create the USB stick, replace the Clover config.plist and copy the kexts to Clover's 10.11 kext folder.

Cheers,

sb

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3sk79z/osx_1011_el_capitan_on_thinkpad_t510_4313cto/

Above is link to active conversation for El Cap on the T510.  I'm running it fairly successfully right now as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Has anybody a fun working DSDT for a T510 with Nvidia NVS 3100 512Gb Ram?

following this guide :thumbsup_anim: Tanks to OSBeast :thumbsup_anim: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304814-guide-install-osx-101x-on-lenovo-t410-step-by-step/?p=2115479

I was able to install OSX 10.11 successful on my T510 but the DSTD and the kext are from a T410 and I think some is different on my T510.

​The Fan is very noisy , so I assume power management ist not working as expected. Starting wit the original config.plist from the post  I tried some modification but no success!

Any suggestions what I can do? :help:  

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

@im_devil

attached is very old DSDT from my T510 (4 years ago) don't remember the hw specs etc. At the time when I had that system it was running Lion (10.7.4 or 10.7.5).

power issues are usually about P states - is there an ssdt.aml in your ACPI/patched folder ?  if so remove that and then perhaps let Clover generate your P and C states.

• Like 1

@im_devil

attached is very old DSDT from my T510 (4 years ago) don't remember the hw specs etc. At the time when I had that system it was running Lion (10.7.4 or 10.7.5).

power issues are usually about P states - is there an ssdt.aml in your ACPI/patched folder ?  if so remove that and then perhaps let Clover generate your P and C states.

Good morning tluck,

Thanks for replay.  No ssdt.aml in my patched folder. In ACML tab i have  enabled  generate C-states and generate  P- States and have enabled c2 to c7. I have enabled c2 c3 and c6 in CPU tab

Good morning tluck,

Thanks for replay.  No ssdt.aml in my patched folder. In ACML tab i have  enabled  generate C-states and generate  P- States and have enabled c2 to c7. I have enabled c2 c3 and c6 in CPU tab

Im devil work on that dsdt which is given. It is updated now look at the changelog. Worked whole night long to get rid of this stupid bluetooth bug. Sleep is a problem :)

hdhdhdh.png

Use this config and you are good to go. SSDT is not generatable for first gen I so easy 

you could try this DSDT which has some the same edits required to get the T420 working on El Capitan. i removed the _PRW method in HDEF and IGBE devices. i also renamed the EHC1 and ECH2 devices so that the new USB drivers will not see this devices.

Worked for me thank you mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news

About 10.8 installation

- Sleep now working

- No more cmos reset after sleep

attachicon.gifMic-reduction.png

Problems on both Lion/ML with native AppleACPIPlatform is

- External USB lost after sleep (bluetooth, camera, finger sensor is online after sleep)

- Display doesn't turn on until you press any button on top case after sleep

So lets try to figure out about usb lost on T/W series:

1) I extracted few dsdt's from latest MacBooks - unibody pro 5.1 and 6.1(here is T510/W510 hardware) also Air 2011

In all dsdt/ssdt UHC1/2 sections is different from ours in structure of device names inside

2) There is a thread about usb lost on tonymac and fix for some Gigabyte boards

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=3&t=50063

I compared two dsdt from two different Gig boards and it's only few small changes between of them. And what is most interesting - EHC sections looks almost like form MacBooks

People say that with that fixes usb works after sleep

3) There is Lenovo G and Z series laptops 460/560(arrandale) and 470/570(sandy) that has no usb lost issue at all with any AppleACPIplatform from snow 1.3.5 to native Lion 1.4 and as people said ML 1.5

And G/Z series have EHC sections structure almost like MacBooks

So there is way I see is to combine give boards dsdt EHC sections with ours dsdt or try to deal with G and Z series dsdts

So there is a files:

1) MacBooks dsdts

attachicon.gifmacbook-pro-5.1-EHC.aml.zip attachicon.gifmacbook-pro-6.1-EHC.aml.zip attachicon.gifmacbook-air-4.1-EHC.aml.zip

2) gigabyte boards dsdts

attachicon.gifgige-boards-compare.zip

3) lenovo Z560 fixed dsdt

attachicon.gifz560-dsdt.aml.zip

I need help to deal with this

I know this is old but i have the same problem on El Capitan. My USB has no power after sleep. :/. Maybe some more potent has an idea :D. I have patched the DSDT myself, because i wanted to have it compiled with V5.1. Thanks -- DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

struggle with the same problems as Codinger . USB isn't working after wake and restart. Have to shut down and start again to enable USB :( .

I use the dsdt.aml from that post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274218-guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t510510i-plus-t410-and-w510-106-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/?p=2201369 and the attached config.plist.

Have done all steps as suggested in this post for El Capitan: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304814-guide-install-osx-101x-on-lenovo-t410-step-by-step/?p=2115479( Thanks to Codinger) :thumbsup_anim:

Have tried many thinks , older dsdt , modified config.plist  self patched dsdt etc. no success.

Thanks in advance for help :help:

config.plist.zip

well i don't have box to test, but i would continue to remove the PRW methods from the devices. or perhaps model the T410 DSDT after what is the T420 DSDT - they are very similar.

i.e. search for PRW in the T420 and replace accordingly. (See my zip in the guide in the signature). 

• Like 2

well i don't have box to test, but i would continue to remove the PRW methods from the devices. or perhaps model the T410 DSDT after what is the T420 DSDT - they are very similar.

i.e. search for PRW in the T420 and replace accordingly. (See my zip in the guide in the signature). 

Hi tluck,

will try to remove the PWR methods. Should I do that step by step or all in once.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that's interesting about the USB issue is that the intergrated camera and bluetooth are hooked to the same hub at the same bus (Lenovo T410) and they do wake after sleep, while the usb ports lose power.

I wish I had more knowledge about DSDT but I am just at the beginning of learning about it ...

One thing that's interesting about the USB issue is that the intergrated camera and bluetooth are hooked to the same hub at the same bus (Lenovo T410) and they do wake after sleep, while the usb ports lose power.

I wish I had more knowledge about DSDT but I am just at the beginning of learning about it ...

I know this but this issue is maype in hpet

• 1 month later...

i found a setting to keep usb on always or turn off on powersave events.

at

Config> USB  i set to off and i got no errors on wake for usb  :w00t:

posting my files i compiled from everyones work based mainly on X201 DSDT from calabash at osxlatitude

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/page-5

i ported it to T410 intelHD and i believe i got the right amount of _DSM for intel to work with patched kexts in usb installer, did not use the EDID inject.

however i used my own kexts: mainly from Rehabman github repo.

Audio solution works from X201 on T410 updateproof!

FakeSMC from HWSensors.com 6.18.1394 -LPC plugin removed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h0toocdfcb4buos  :thumbsup_anim:

i found a setting to keep usb on always or turn off on powersave events.

at

Config> USB  i set to off and i got no errors on wake for usb  :w00t:

posting my files i compiled from everyones work based mainly on X201 DSDT from calabash at osxlatitude

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/page-5

i ported it to T410 intel and i believe i got the right amount of _DSM for intel to work with patched kexts in usb installer, did not use the EDID inject.

however i used my own kexts: mainly from Rehabman github repo.

Audio solution works from X201 on T410 updateproof!

FakeSMC from HWSensors.com 6.18.1394 -LPC plugin removed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h0toocdfcb4buos  :thumbsup_anim:

Not working on duallink (i think 1440x900) t410. System boot but only left side of display is displaying scrambled screen when on right side are stripes

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have a T510 (intel graphx only) here and i am using enoch+mountain lion.

I was wondering as i try sleep, it works like a charm under ML with Iphone and usb3 card connected. One of the things i've done is fixing the names in the dsdt. Maybe this would help anyone.

My current prob is the audiohda extension in yosemite. Using mirones package i lost the internal mic...

Have fun!

PS: Update - With Yosemite and El Capitan i have sleep/wake problems...

• 4 weeks later...

you could try this DSDT which has some the same edits required to get the T420 working on El Capitan. i removed the _PRW method in HDEF and IGBE devices. i also renamed the EHC1 and ECH2 devices so that the new USB drivers will not see this devices.

Thank you for sharing!

Please can you be a bit more specific about "renamed the EHC1 and ECH2 devices so that the new USB drivers will not see this devices."?

I'm trying to get to work Lenovo W510 (i7-820QM, which belong to my friend. Speedstep, etc are working fine, the only major issue is sleep. No proper sleep, it goes into infinite rebooting at sleep. When comp goes sleep, it reboots after few minutes. 

Any luck on this model?

EDIT:

I solved the sleep issue! I used RehabMan IRQ patch on DSDT and sleep is fine now! :D

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#system_IRQ.txt

Patched file is available here for W510:

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please help me? I have a T510 with Intel HD graphics. I've tried several things to get sleep working and not lose my USB on resume. Finally stumbled upon DSDT in Post # 481. Once again, I got sleep to work, but once again, on resume I lose my USB ports. 

Given this laptop needs USB wifi, it pretty much makes it unusable if I have to reboot after resume to get wifi back. I've tried for several weeks, and I have reached the limits of my intelligence and knowledge.  :wallbash:  :help:

I have 10.11.5 installed. I'm not sure what the "new USB drivers" in Post # 481 means. Maybe I need some more kexts? I've attached my files plist and dsdt.

Archive.zip

• 2 months later...

Just replace current section to this

Device (HDEF)
		    {
			    Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			    Name (_S3D, 0x03)
			    Name (RID, 0x00)
			    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			    {
				    0x0D,
				    0x04
			    })
			    Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
			    {
				    Noop
			    }
				    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				    {
					    Store (Package (0x04)
						    {
							    "layout-id",
							    Buffer (0x04)
							    {
								    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							    },
							    "PinConfigurations",
							    Buffer (Zero) {}
						    }, Local0)
					    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					    Return (Local0)
				    }
		    }

thankyou....i test it sucessfully

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am new hackingtosh user and I have managed to install macOS Sierra to my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Intel HD graphics. I have tried a couple of different DSDT-files, but I can’t get either the sleep function to work or if works then the usb ports are not working after resume. Has anyone managed to resolve this and created a working DSDT file that they can share ?

• 7 months later...

Hi, community!

First: OMG!! WTF?? THAT was the prob?

After a loooong time of reading, thinking and tryouts, i've got a nearly perfect running T510 with 1st gen intel graphics. 10.9, 10.10, 10.11. Next is: 10.12.

After all the work my DSDT got a private final status. For better understanding: No clover buildin acpi-patches applied! But, when making a sleep/wakeup -> I lost the (external) usb-ports and after wake up the power button was still in sleep. So, i thought that has nothing to do with the DSDT and the applied patches, that must be something different. Maybe, the chipset. Touchdown!

Long story, short: Use an AppleACPIPlatform.kext of your choice as long it works with your T410/T510. There are many, try them out. Currently i am using a V1.5 without probs. :wink_anim:

After all big thanks fly to:

- joshhh and codinger and of course all the others...

- the community

- the tools-creators

- patches-creators

- the ones who's sharing knowledge

Without all that, this machine will had a useless being... ;)

Greets, have fun!

PS: Next stop -> Convert the working (10.8.5) audio kext in a Lilu-AppleHDA-compatible format with working internal mic! :D

PPS: The patched to Sonnet USB3-Expresscard works like a charm...

PPPS: It's a shame, mavericks maps app works with this intel graphics, above, you're lost. :/

UPDATE-1:

Yeah, AppleACPIPlatform V1.5 is unable to handle the mac serial number for newer oses (YO and above). So, no apple--nice-to-use--apps will work.

AppleACPIPlatform V1.6 has not the serial number problem, but (!) makes probs with usb after sleep...

UPDATE-2:

The rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not work with 10.11+ due to the prob the kernel doesn't like their compiled-headers (too old). So, for this HW is the last "working" OS Yosemite (with many tricks). Maybe, i find a solution for the not functional ext usb2 ports after sleep... USB3-Expresscard worx after sleep. Currently, have not played with the AppleACPIPlatform V1.8 (from ML).

UPDATE-3:

Have the »CX20585 for Lenovo« codec working. ML, YO, EC. Ext mic/internal mic auto switch, noise reduction etc. pp. Not 100%, but a big step in the right direction.

:D

Résumé:

This hardware seems to be too old for current AppleACPIPlatform. :/