[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

lenovo lion t510 osx mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

you could try this DSDT which has some the same edits required to get the T420 working on El Capitan. i removed the _PRW method in HDEF and IGBE devices. i also renamed the EHC1 and ECH2 devices so that the new USB drivers will not see this devices.

Attached Files

Codinger

Codinger

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 716 posts
  • Interests:Coding : Java

Languages : BG, DE, GB/US

you could try this DSDT which has some the same edits required to get the T420 working on El Capitan. i removed the _PRW method in HDEF and IGBE devices. i also renamed the EHC1 and ECH2 devices so that the new USB drivers will not see this devices.

Worked for me thank you mate :)

Codinger

Codinger

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 716 posts

Good news

About 10.8 installation

- Sleep now working
- No more cmos reset after sleep

attachicon.gifMic-reduction.png

Problems on both Lion/ML with native AppleACPIPlatform is

- External USB lost after sleep (bluetooth, camera, finger sensor is online after sleep)
- Display doesn't turn on until you press any button on top case after sleep

So lets try to figure out about usb lost on T/W series:

1) I extracted few dsdt's from latest MacBooks - unibody pro 5.1 and 6.1(here is T510/W510 hardware) also Air 2011

In all dsdt/ssdt UHC1/2 sections is different from ours in structure of device names inside

2) There is a thread about usb lost on tonymac and fix for some Gigabyte boards
http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=3&t=50063

I compared two dsdt from two different Gig boards and it's only few small changes between of them. And what is most interesting - EHC sections looks almost like form MacBooks

People say that with that fixes usb works after sleep

3) There is Lenovo G and Z series laptops 460/560(arrandale) and 470/570(sandy) that has no usb lost issue at all with any AppleACPIplatform from snow 1.3.5 to native Lion 1.4 and as people said ML 1.5
And G/Z series have EHC sections structure almost like MacBooks

So there is way I see is to combine give boards dsdt EHC sections with ours dsdt or try to deal with G and Z series dsdts

So there is a files:
1) MacBooks dsdts

attachicon.gifmacbook-pro-5.1-EHC.aml.zip attachicon.gifmacbook-pro-6.1-EHC.aml.zip attachicon.gifmacbook-air-4.1-EHC.aml.zip

2) gigabyte boards dsdts

attachicon.gifgige-boards-compare.zip

3) lenovo Z560 fixed dsdt

attachicon.gifz560-dsdt.aml.zip

I need help to deal with this

I know this is old but i have the same problem on El Capitan. My USB has no power after sleep. :/. Maybe some more potent has an idea :D. I have patched the DSDT myself, because i wanted to have it compiled with V5.1. Thanks -- Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   27.38KB   4 downloads

im_devil

im_devil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hello,

struggle with the same problems as Codinger . USB isn't working after wake and restart. Have to shut down and start again to enable USB :( .

I use the dsdt.aml from that post http://www.insanelym...date/?p=2201369 and the attached config.plist.

Have done all steps as suggested in this post for El Capitan: http://www.insanelym...step/?p=2115479( Thanks to Codinger) :thumbsup_anim:

Have tried many thinks , older dsdt , modified config.plist  self patched dsdt etc. no success.

Thanks in advance for help :help:

Attached Files

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

well i don't have box to test, but i would continue to remove the PRW methods from the devices. or perhaps model the T410 DSDT after what is the T420 DSDT - they are very similar.

i.e. search for PRW in the T420 and replace accordingly. (See my zip in the guide in the signature). 

im_devil

im_devil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

well i don't have box to test, but i would continue to remove the PRW methods from the devices. or perhaps model the T410 DSDT after what is the T420 DSDT - they are very similar.

i.e. search for PRW in the T420 and replace accordingly. (See my zip in the guide in the signature). 

Hi tluck,

will try to remove the PWR methods. Should I do that step by step or all in once.

Codinger

Codinger

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 716 posts

Hi tluck,

will try to remove the PWR methods. Should I do that step by step or all in once.

Step by Step  :rofl:

ol@fson

ol@fson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

One thing that's interesting about the USB issue is that the intergrated camera and bluetooth are hooked to the same hub at the same bus (Lenovo T410) and they do wake after sleep, while the usb ports lose power.

I wish I had more knowledge about DSDT but I am just at the beginning of learning about it ...

Codinger

Codinger

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 716 posts

One thing that's interesting about the USB issue is that the intergrated camera and bluetooth are hooked to the same hub at the same bus (Lenovo T410) and they do wake after sleep, while the usb ports lose power.
I wish I had more knowledge about DSDT but I am just at the beginning of learning about it ...

I know this but this issue is maype in hpet

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lenovo, lion, t510, osx, mountain lion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy