[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

God damn it, the 1080p panel is realy awesome! What panel and what FRU is this display?

I hope i receive one wlan card this week, i've ordered two different models. (A Dell DW1510 and one Atheros Card)

http://tonymacx86.bl...-11-update.html

Tony has fixed the USB, maybe he fixed the bug that you have?

I'm still on 10.7.2, i'm waiting for a better USB support.

I've bought AUO B156HW01 V.4 matte screen, perfect colors and perfect resolution

AUO has also B156HW01 V.7 of this display but it's glossy

I fixed my problem with AppleACPI 1.4 by rolling back to 1.3.5

But when I deal with DSDT fix for usb one time I get usb working for a 5-10 seconds after sleep and after it lost again

Doesn't really know what did they changed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get usb fix, possible some binary patch

God damn it, the 1080p panel is realy awesome! What panel and what FRU is this display?

I hope i receive one wlan card this week, i've ordered two different models. (A Dell DW1510 and one Atheros Card)

http://tonymacx86.bl...-11-update.html

Tony has fixed the USB, maybe he fixed the bug that you have?

I'm still on 10.7.2, i'm waiting for a better USB support.

Thanks a lot. I use your DSDT.aml and kexts and my T510 almost works perfectly with Lion 10.7.3, except:

1. My keyboard and mouse will not work (usb mouse and t510's trackpad can move, but can not be clicked) in the first few minutes after the system is booted.

2. I see lots of error log like this:

Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 2043 goto Exit

(I googled about it, and found some one replaced error msg in the AppleHDA file with 000000…00000s to bypass the problem, but I did not try it becasue I didn't have a hex editor.)

3. My t510 has an i5 540m CPU, I don't know how to check whether Speedstep and turboboost work or not.

4. As you said, after wake up from sleep, usb doesn't work.

BTW:

Because my note book sometimes would not boot up, I have removed the following string from my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-force64 -allowAppleCPUPM</string>

And I had to add

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000</string>

to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, or it could not start up too.

Thank you again for your guide.

If anyone needs a working WIFI Card for Windows 7 (works also with Access Connections!) and Lion, here is a working Card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250865656691?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Please note that you have to flash a modified BIOS with whitelist and that you can't use full-size WIFI cards in the WWAN Slot. The WWAN Slot is a mini PCI Express Slot, but only with USB contacts. (All WWAN Cards are USB Cards)

Ok guys, I've just installed 10.8 Mountain Lion DP1 on Lenovo T510

Install process was pretty simple:

Everything works fine but I have some random freezes.

- Atheros WLAN card doesn't work

- Sleep not working with my latest dsdt edits

- Cmos reset after sleep even with patched AppleRTC

- Still have USB lost after sleep

Good news

- have noise reduction checkbox in sound preferences mic section

post-120553-0-70630600-1329504557_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good news

About 10.8 installation

- Sleep now working

- No more cmos reset after sleep

post-120553-0-89123200-1329601876_thumb.png

Problems on both Lion/ML with native AppleACPIPlatform is

- External USB lost after sleep (bluetooth, camera, finger sensor is online after sleep)

- Display doesn't turn on until you press any button on top case after sleep

So lets try to figure out about usb lost on T/W series:

1) I extracted few dsdt's from latest MacBooks - unibody pro 5.1 and 6.1(here is T510/W510 hardware) also Air 2011

In all dsdt/ssdt UHC1/2 sections is different from ours in structure of device names inside

2) There is a thread about usb lost on tonymac and fix for some Gigabyte boards

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=3&t=50063

I compared two dsdt from two different Gig boards and it's only few small changes between of them. And what is most interesting - EHC sections looks almost like form MacBooks

People say that with that fixes usb works after sleep

3) There is Lenovo G and Z series laptops 460/560(arrandale) and 470/570(sandy) that has no usb lost issue at all with any AppleACPIplatform from snow 1.3.5 to native Lion 1.4 and as people said ML 1.5

And G/Z series have EHC sections structure almost like MacBooks

So there is way I see is to combine give boards dsdt EHC sections with ours dsdt or try to deal with G and Z series dsdts

So there is a files:

1) MacBooks dsdts

macbook-pro-5.1-EHC.aml.zip macbook-pro-6.1-EHC.aml.zip macbook-air-4.1-EHC.aml.zip

2) gigabyte boards dsdts

gige-boards-compare.zip

3) lenovo Z560 fixed dsdt

z560-dsdt.aml.zip

I need help to deal with this

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I installed all the kext files onto an Iatkos L2 install and things are working well.

I only have one problem. Once I boot up from Chameleon, I cannot enter any keystrokes or click anything, until I have plugged a keyboard in and unplugged it again. It comes up with the "Keyboard not found" dialog and won't accept anything. Once I plug the keyboard in, all the keystrokes I pressed on the laptop keyboard before suddenly flood through.

The thing is, I know it is possible for this to work, because I had a previous install (that got all messed up, then I found this guide and decided to start again) in which this problem did not happen. The keyboard not found dialog still appeared, but the keyboard would work anyway once I clicked in the password box.

Any thoughts on how to fix it? It's not such a big problem until I need to take the laptop out somewhere and won't have a keyboard on hand to plug in.

EDIT: After another reboot, I'm not sure if that is the problem. I booted with the keyboard plugged in and it still wouldn't accept keystrokes.

After unplugging it and plugging it in a few times, it suddenly started working. So it's possible there is just a huge time delay after the login screen appears when things start to work.

EDIT2: Ok, I think the problem is to do with newer versions of Chameleon. On my old install I replaced Chameleon with Chimera and had the same problem. With an older version of Chameleon the keyboard worked (but that's probably why there were so many other problems with it, using an older version).

So I have Chameleon 2.0 RC5 at the moment. If I wait for a couple of minutes it seems like the keyboard/mouse start to work, so I can live with it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have Chameleon 2.0 RC5 at the moment. If I wait for a couple of minutes it seems like the keyboard/mouse start to work, so I can live with it.

I have this problem on my machine - a desktop - completely different hardware but for me it's becomming anoying. Have you found a fix for this yet? Seems to me like it's either Chameleon related like you or perhaps kext related.

• Like 1

I have this problem on my machine - a desktop - completely different hardware but for me it's becomming anoying. Have you found a fix for this yet? Seems to me like it's either Chameleon related like you or perhaps kext related.

EDIT: Seems like I've found the real problem.

It was being caused by AppleHDA.kext.

I'll probably switch back to VoodooHDA instead.

No luck so far. I did a bit more searching. Someone suggested it was caused by VoodooPS2. I removed the kext and rebooted (reloading the kext cache), but it didn't help.

I was going to suggest looking at http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261581 but then I noticed you have posted on it anyway. Disabling USB Bios support didn't solve it for me.

A lot of the posts I've read suggest that it takes around 10 minutes before things start working, is that the case with you? Mine takes around 3-4 minutes, so it may be a different problem.

Either way, almost all the posts I've seen seem to suggest it's a problem with 10.7.2.

Other posts suggest it's something to do with IOKit timing out, although I don't see any message about it on verbose boot.

• 2 months later...

Shalom folks!

I'v got completely working solution for sound at T510/T410 + T520/W520(with different bin patch)

What we got

-sound autodetection speakers-headphones

-internal mic

-external mic with combo port as line in

to use headphones+external mic you need to use headset like iPhone use or any other phone with 4 pin TRRS mini-jack connector

also to get it working you should use some patch for HDEF dsdt section

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0E)
					{
						"AAPL,slot-name",
						Buffer (0x09)
						{
							"Built in"
						},
						"device-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x69, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14
						},
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x6E, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00
						},
						"model",
						Buffer (0x1A)
						{
							"HD Audio Conexant Cx20585"
						},
						"name",
						Buffer (0x11)
						{
							"Conexant Cx20585"
						},
						"device_type",
						Buffer (0x11)
						{
							"Audio Controller"
						},
//							 "hda-gfx",
//							 Buffer (0x0A)
//							 {
//								 "onboard-1"
//							 },
						"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

Then install next with updated dsdt and reboot

T520/420/W520 machines should patch my next with your codec IDs

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x69\x50\xf1\x14|\x6e\x50\xf1\x14|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Good luck

Conexant Cx20585-AppleHDA.kext-new-work-latest-2012.03.30.zip

• Like 3

Oh Joshhh, it's so awesome that you are still working on this!

Maybe if you have enough time, can you spend some time to do a tuturial (for beginners) with files and a installer?

Like this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=41546

But anyway, your work was a hugh step torwards a perfectly working ThinkBook! If you want you can create a Paypal Donate Account.

If you need some help or logs from different ThinkPads, i will be trying to help you as good as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Try to test my dsdt with bluetooth, I didn't have BT lost about few month since I've added some fixes

Josh,

could you tell us how u enabled bluetooth after wake from sleep since in my current DSDT bluetooth is disable after wake from sleep.

OK, I'll check what I can do

Oh Joshhh, it's so awesome that you are still working on this!

Maybe if you have enough time, can you spend some time to do a tuturial (for beginners) with files and a installer?

Like this: http://www.tonymacx8...p?f=259&t=41546

But anyway, your work was a hugh step torwards a perfectly working ThinkBook! If you want you can create a Paypal Donate Account.

If you need some help or logs from different ThinkPads, i will be trying to help you as good as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Shalom folks!

I'v got completely working solution for sound at T510/T410 + T520/W520(with different bin patch)

What we got

-sound autodetection speakers-headphones

-internal mic

-external mic with combo port as line in

to use headphones+external mic you need to use headset like iPhone use or any other phone with 4 pin TRRS mini-jack connector

also to get it working you should use some patch for HDEF dsdt section

Then install next with updated dsdt and reboot

It worked!!! Thank you!

Also I have another problem: i cannot wake from hibernation (hibernatemode 1), it just booting as usual OS booting and sometimes KP happens, but cannot force it wake from sleepimage. I tried forcewake and pinted to sleepimage in Boot.plist. It doesn't help. Sleep worked fine (except BT and USB forced disconnecting and connecting again after sleep)

Lenovo T510

Bootloader Chimera 1.7.0

Thank you!

Ok folks! I've installed 10.8 DP4 on T510 and it works fine except audio (need to fix HDA to new format)

post-120553-0-47454900-1339863893_thumb.png

Awesome! I hope there will be a easy-install solution (with bootloader, kexts, dsdt and more) at the 10.8 release.

It would be great if the dinternal display is non woking while the thinkpad is in the dock and closed.

• 2 weeks later...