[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

Just use this:

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

I've used [a process from an other forum] for my desktop but couldnt get the laptop options to work. I tried to follow the guide posted in this thread, but the link above is the easiest thing I've found. It works perfectly on my W510. Followed the directions exactly and it worked the first time I think.

What I do and don't have working:

Wifi is via USB dongle without BIOS editing

Trackpad works

Sound works with VooDooHDA

Ethernet works

Keyboard light works

Battery level works

USB 3.0 works

Webcam and mic work

Trackpoint does not

Touch screen registers as a click but not a mouse

Brightness control is not working (The only thing I really want to get fixed!)

Shutdown doesn't finish all the way (lights turn off but cpu fan still runs until forced off)

I don't even want to try to see if sleep is working right now (does not work for many hackintoshes)

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me.

IMPORTANT: use the rear yellow powered usb port with the install thumbdrive. it's the only one that will work until the 3.0 ports are enabled.

Well... i can´t seem to get it to work :hammer:

I have no mac around me so i have to use the iatkos ML2.

Every time i "install" the dsdt File by putting it in the extras folder the reboot hangs at PCI configuration End.

Before that the Graphics card is displayed correctly in the boot...

I always have to reinstall the whole thing, because i can´t seem to get it to boot up ...

EDIT: Finally i got it to work.

I changed the VT-d Bios setting to disabled and installed the whole thing again.

I also unclicked the nvidia drivers in the iatkos install options!

And whooza... that is a fast Thing! Adobe Lightroom runs like a dream!

First post here, so please be patient :-)

I have followed this guide by joshhh and now have a working T510 (4313-CTO) with 10.8.3. Everything is working except for wireless. I have purchased a Broadcom mini-pci card to use for wireless, but without flashing the BIOS I cannot install it.

Since my system is now OS X only now, I wanted to flash the BIOS back to the version joshhh has posted. However I cannot find a DOS tool to flash the bios. What and where can I find a program to do this? I have hunted the forums, however most people seem to boot into windows to load the bios, which I can't do. I can boot Ubuntu linux or DOS.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Lenovo T510, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, Nvidia NV3100 512Mb graphics, Broadcom bluetooth

Try to find or make live CD/Flash Windows XP or Win7 and flash bios from it.

First post here, so please be patient :-)

I have followed this guide by joshhh and now have a working T510 (4313-CTO) with 10.8.3. Everything is working except for wireless. I have purchased a Broadcom mini-pci card to use for wireless, but without flashing the BIOS I cannot install it.

Since my system is now OS X only now, I wanted to flash the BIOS back to the version joshhh has posted. However I cannot find a DOS tool to flash the bios. What and where can I find a program to do this? I have hunted the forums, however most people seem to boot into windows to load the bios, which I can't do. I can boot Ubuntu linux or DOS.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Lenovo T510, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, Nvidia NV3100 512Mb graphics, Broadcom bluetooth

Hi joshhh, whats up? Is there any further development or has the work on this project stopped?

I had several problems with my T510 and the stock BIOS, but with the modded one i have freezes, so i switched back to the stock bios. Maybe you can modify the dsdt, so i am able to use the ethernet card. At the moment i am note able to use network, i only can ping, nothing more. I used a mobile internet device (UMTS) but no chance, it doesnt work. Maybe you know whats wrong here.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing guide, installed 10.8.4, almost everything is working perfect. Sleep, wake, etc. Had problem with bluetooth keyboard not found, but I just turned it off in system preferences.

The only problem is, when i boot from USB, i have USB 3.0 ports working fine. After installing kext package from this guide, USB 3.0 ports are not working. Only yellow and e-sata USB are ok.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance:)

• 2 weeks later...

hi All,

I'm just wondering, if someone was able to "hackintosh" a t410 with Intel HD graphic card (Intel HD Graphics, Ironlake, Intel Auburndale/Arrandale Processor - Integrated Graphics Controller [Lenovo]).

It seems, that packages attached to the first post work for NVidia graphic only. I found a DSDT which works for the Inter HD graphics somethere in the middle of the thread :)

But: the audio (line-out on the dock) does not work, the external monitor attached to the docking station via DVI can only 1280x800. The DisplayPort on the docking station no signal at all.

Is it possible at all - two external displays attached to a dock?

Thanks!

Hello All participant to this gr8 thread

I need som explanation /help for installing ML on my Thinkpad T410i 2518-J3G http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/default.page? (upgraded Ram to total 6GB and processor to i7 620M) with 1.44 lenovo BIOS.
I installed SL and Lion on this machine using various methods.
I purchased ML 10.8.4 on itunes and I'm triying to install it on my machine.
I used  3 methods for it but with no success!

1. The first method with no succsess is Simple install guide for Lion and Mountain Lion
  2. The second is OSX Mountain Lion easy install guide bud I had no luck with it becouse of Terminal Error / Installer error - command line installs of OSX are not supported on system older than 10.8!!!
  3. Third method was http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284214-mountain-lion-1082-lenovo-t410-intel-hd-graphics/?p=1865583 also with no luck the installer would start and then rebooted with no kernel panic!!!
  4. The same thing is with http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/ !!!

What do you thing is the problem is (i'm thinking the graphics card) and how to install the ML on my Laptop??

Thanks

@marko.m  

i dont have a 410, i have 420... but i recall some issues with ML install. i think i fixed by setting -x boot flag when bringing up the installer.

i am thinking since you could install SL and Lion then its not a graphics issue. Intel HD graphics is supported. 

I presume you cannot install/upgrade ML from Lion directly from your Install ML.app because it it MBR formatted? 

Mountain Lion Diskmaker is very reliable for installation with GUID formatted disks.

You-ni-beest (sorry) is pretty solid for installation on MBR disks.

Hi Folks,

Nice to see this thread is still active. I haven't followed development on the Thinkpad Hackintosh for a while since I had a working one and lots of work to do with it. 

OSX on PCs give its true meaning to the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 

So as I was trying to fix an unbroken build of Mountain Lion, I deleted my working DSDT. I managed to get it all back and working, except one thing:

Screen Brightness.

I had it working before, and I don't really remember putting a lot of effort into it. I don't mind using the ScrLK and Pause keys, so I don't need all that fidling.

It seems now that no matter where I put the PNLF section in my DSDT, OSX just doesn't want to give me control of the screen brightness.

Anyone would have an idea of what I'm missing here? I have the PNLF section as follow:

Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
    }

THANKS!

Hi Im trying to install 10.8.2 iAtkos ML2 on my t410 and Im having no luck. Does anybody know what I have to select or deselect in the installer for iAtkos ML2 please Right now when I reboot after install completes it wont boot at all unless -x is used and then it never finishes and the hard drive light stops lighting any ideas thanx

update got it to install but need to use -x to boot do I need to replace all the kexts with an iAtkos ML2 install? I can replace extras and clear cache but when I replace the kexts it wont boot even with -x so I will install again this time replace 1 kext at a time any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated peace

Update I successfully booted into desktop without -x, now trying to update to 10.8.4 from 10.8.2 problem is Im not sure which kexts need to be replaced I know AppleHDA needs to be replaced but what about fakecms or acpi and how do I rebuild kext cache. Thanx for any help

Also I could use help getting t410 intel hd kexts for 10.8.2 please really need qe and ci thanx

@tluck 

Thanks for the answer.

well i read somewhere that the disks can be formatted as MBR if I want to instal WIndows 7 later on that same disk.

But I will try to format is as GUID to see what will happen.

@marko.m

some install methods will turn off the GUID disk check will allow direct install to MBR disk. chameleon/chimera is an MBR boot loader. but if you have a 2nd disk you can install to a GUID formatted disk (using standard mac install tools) and use a tool like Carbon Copy to clone to back to an MBR Disk.  

Historically windows was MBR based too. but now it can boot from a GUID disk as can a hackintosh using UEFI boot mechanism such as clover and window7 efi boot loader. but thats a whole other can of worms.

@jughead1111 - there are a few basic kexts that get installed on the HD.

FakeSMC is number 1.

then you might need

ApplePS2Controller (or VoodooPS2controller) for mouse/keyboard.

AppleACPIPlatform rollback is often needed for better sleep

AppleIntelE1000 for ethernet

AppleHDA or VoodooHDA for audio ..

Dear gcafrk

Can you share your DSDT file and some kext that's used on your T410?

My T410 (2522-CTO) has some problem with Fingerprint, Battery and Sleep/wake-up. :help:

Many thanks!

Sorry for late reply! Please see below link of my DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/106-t410-nvs-dsdtamlzip/

My fingerprint, battery, sleep, wakeup works well.

This DSDT is for THINKPAD T410 with NVS3100M. It works on SL, LION, ML (up to 10.8.4)

Special key function:

1) ScrLk + Pause: LCD bright down and up

2) ThinkVantage (the blue key): fan control to extreme/normal speed switch

Needed kexts:

1) AppleACPIPlatform.kext (Version 1.3.6 on SL 10.6.8)

2) Patched AppleRTC.kext to avoid BIOS reset after restart

3) Patched AppleHDA.kext to enable sound (both internal and external, autoswitch. Please see my another download.)

4) P/S2 keyboard and Trackpad kexts

5) AppleIntelE1000e.kext to enable network

6) Patched AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to show battery information

No HDMI/DP functioned codes in this DSDT.

• Like 1

@tluck

thanks again for the information abut MBR.

But i'm still struggling with the installation ML.

I even udpaded my BIOS to modded one from here Lenovo-bios-t410-1.43-whitelist-removed.zip

now Im stuck on iA****ML2 method but with hte same result.

I even added Extra Folder and added kext to S/L/E from here T410-files.zip with kext wizard and repaired permissions but still no luck.

hi Joshhh (Hi all)

thank you for the guide.

I'm trying (excuse my bad english and some mystake) to install ML on laptop in my signature, that have many hardware parts similar to your Lenovo T510, but but I failed with both pandora's box and Iatkos ML2. I tried with many flags (one by one and together) -X, -V, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x2000/0x3000, -F, cpus=1, PCIRootUID=1, dart=0. If I copy some of the kext you gave in /Extra and /Library/Extensions and your DSDT (I know it's different from mine) of pandora installer, It should work? In this case, could you suggest me how to do? I'm a newbe of hackintosh world. Thank you