[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

lenovo lion t510 osx mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I'm probably wrong but is the battery indicator meant to be working? (I asked before sorry) Everything else seems ok.
Also I am thinking of using eSata cable for additional drive, will I have issues (will need to buy enclosure) ?

in the very first post it says that both should work OOB. And for my T410 with 10.7.5 I can confirm that.

On the other hand, sound also should work, but it does not work for me. So if you do not have the exact same machine with same BIOS and same OS, your results may differ, but anyway I would recheck the installation again.

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

And is there s.th. I can modify by my self to get it working?

no, it seems that I can't :-(

I was looking in the differences of the two patched AppleHDA's for 10.8, I found out that the MacOS/AppleHDA-binaries are different and that Joshhh changed two "NodeIDs" in the compressed Resources/Platforms.xml.

But I have no clue what was patched in the MacOS/AppleHDA and in addition there is no Resources/Platforms.xml.zlib in the 10.7 kext that could be changed.

I even was not able to determine, from where Joshhh got the information about the pin-layout for input-/output channels.

So I just have to wait (or always attach headphones/speakers) : -)

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Battery indication works great with VoodooBattery and eSata works great too but eSata port in OSX doesn't work well with hot-plug. If OSX booted and you connect esata drive it gets detected, but if you unmount in and change physical disk in esata dock OSX won't show it until reboot

Hi all,

I'm probably wrong but is the battery indicator meant to be working? (I asked before sorry)
Everything else seems ok.

(I know built-in wifi doesn't)

Also I am thinking of using eSata cable for additional drive, will I have issues (will need to buy enclosure) ?

Thanks!

(T510 on 10.8.2 LM)

Here is "fixed" AppleHDA for Lion. If it won't help I can try to 1) unpair speakers-headphones in sound config - easy fix 2) try to change something else in config - needs deeper analysis

Attached File  T410-Lion-fix-AppleHDA.kext.zip   1.66MB   22 downloads

no, it seems that I can't :-(

I was looking in the differences of the two patched AppleHDA's for 10.8, I found out that the MacOS/AppleHDA-binaries are different and that Joshhh changed two "NodeIDs" in the compressed Resources/Platforms.xml.

But I have no clue what was patched in the MacOS/AppleHDA and in addition there is no Resources/Platforms.xml.zlib in the 10.7 kext that could be changed.

I even was not able to determine, from where Joshhh got the information about the pin-layout for input-/output channels.

So I just have to wait (or always attach headphones/speakers) : -)

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi joshhh,

Here is "fixed" AppleHDA for Lion.

thank you very much for this.

If it won't help I can try to 1) unpair speakers-headphones in sound config - easy fix 2) try to change something else in config - needs deeper analysis

I've seen that you added a "Platforms.xml" to the resources-directory, unfortunately it does not change anything either.

What do you mean with "unpair speakers-headphones in sound config" and how is it done?

If I go to the Audio-Preferences, I see on the "Output"-tab, that I have "Name: Internal Speakers, Typ: Integriert" (funny it's mixed German and English language), if I plug in my headphones, it changes to "Name: Headphones, Typ: Integriert" and the audio is played.

On the "Input"-tab I have "Line In" (not tested) and "Internal microphone" which is working if I select it.

On my old T60 with SL I had running the VoodooHDA, but I had several problems with it, like KPs and non-working audio after resume, so I do not want to try this again.

Does it make any difference that I am using the latest 1.44 BIOS on my T410, would it make sense to downgrade to your patched 1.43-version?

Is there a way to get audio working without patching the AppleHDA and just changing the DSDT for the laptop?

PS: "I've installed Lion on my T410 i7 with NVidia/256 and it works mostly perfect. Lion is 10.7.5 and BIOS is updated to the latest original-lenovo 1.44."

Marcus2010

Marcus2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, thanks for all the hard work Joshhh. ML works well on my T510.

Could anyone confirm that HDMI functions correctly? Because I can get the video output works but not for audio output.
In the system->sound->output panel, there is only internal speakers found.
Thanks

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Unpair will make two devices in outputs headphones and speakers

Attached File  T410-Lion-fix-2-AppleHDA.kext.zip   1.66MB   13 downloads

DP->HDMI for video works well but for audio I got some problems with freeze on system boot and there is no TV listed in output options. Anyway I dint have much time to test all vars so possible it may work for audio output

First off, thanks for all the hard work Joshhh. ML works well on my T510.

Could anyone confirm that HDMI functions correctly? Because I can get the video output works but not for audio output.
In the system->sound->output panel, there is only internal speakers found.
Thanks

tudt949

tudt949

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My T410 (2522-CTO) has some problem after update to 10.8.2. I've follow this post:

Install Update and rollback AppleACPIPlatform and AppleHDA before reboot

And this thread (Step 4):
http://lifehacker.co...ng-a-hackintosh

Now it works well as 10.8. Many thanks to Joshhn, you've bring Mac OS X to my Lap :) )

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
What kind of problem did you get?

My T410 (2522-CTO) has some problem after update to 10.8.2. And follow this post:

And this thread (Step 4):
http://lifehacker.co...ng-a-hackintosh

Now it work well as 10.8. Many thanks to Joshhn, you've bring Mac OS X to my Lap :) )

tudt949

tudt949

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My Lap loss audio & hangs on the gray Apple screen during boot. It still can boot into Graphic Safe mode (Using -x option at Chimera boot loader menu)
:)

What kind of problem did you get?

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Unpair will make two devices in outputs headphones and speakers

still no luck :-(

Headphones and Internal Speakers now are seperated in the Audio-prefs, if I select "Headphones" I get sound through them, if I select "Internal Speakers" I get nothing anymore.

What about others on their T410, do they get audio through the internal speakers?

PS: "I've installed Lion on my T410 i7 with NVidia/256 and it works mostly perfect. Lion is 10.7.5 and BIOS is updated to the latest original-lenovo 1.44."

krst

krst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I had issues with this update on t410, but when i did a clean install of 10.8.2 with this update included i was able to make it work fine.
Don't ask what the difference is.

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

still no luck :-(

Aaargggg ...

I just booted a Linux-Live-CD and guess what? No sound on speakers, OK could be the same problem like on Mac OS ...

But then I grabbed out an old harddrive, put the Lenovo Win7-Revovery on it and booted it. No sound on speakers (but on headphone) :wallbash: .

I have to admit that I never booted anything else than Mac OS on this system and that I have the laptop only since some weeks. But I never was thinking that there even was the possibility that the speakers could be defunct. I'm using ThinkPad since 15 years or so and this never happend to one of them :-(

Hopefully it's just the cable that is not connected.

@Joshhh: Thanks a lot for your efforts, sorry for bothering you with this and hopefully you received my small "thank you" a day ago or so ...

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I think its sense pin in sound connector malfunction. I had this problem on my old MSI PR210 laptop it didn't switch sound on headphones connection. It was pretty easy to replace it myself with soldering iron. Think this is same trouble. Only difference between them is lenovo has TRRS 4-pin but my old was 3-pin TRS

Aaargggg ...

I just booted a Linux-Live-CD and guess what? No sound on speakers, OK could be the same problem like on Mac OS ...

But then I grabbed out an old harddrive, put the Lenovo Win7-Revovery on it and booted it. No sound on speakers (but on headphone) :wallbash: .

I have to admit that I never booted anything else than Mac OS on this system and that I have the laptop only since some weeks. But I never was thinking that there even was the possibility that the speakers could be defunct. I'm using ThinkPad since 15 years or so and this never happend to one of them :-(

Hopefully it's just the cable that is not connected.

@Joshhh: Thanks a lot for your efforts, sorry for bothering you with this and hopefully you received my small "thank you" a day ago or so ...

mac4tp

mac4tp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi Joshhh,

I think its sense pin in sound connector malfunction.

unfortunately I think you are wrong with this (see picture) :-(

Attached File  SpeakerLeftWire.JPG   113.8KB   23 downloads

Which idiot has done this???

Now I have to look how I get resolved this "issue", either I have warranty from the dealer where I bought the laptop used, or I still have IBM warranty. I think that audio probably never was working on this laptop, but it also is possible the the used-laptops dealer has done this, so IBM warranty will not count. And actually I do not want to send my laptop fo weeks to repair, so might be I just try to get a new speaker and replace the old one and hope, that the shortcut did not kill anything on the board.

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Hi Joshhh,

unfortunately I think you are wrong with this (see picture) :-(
Oh {censored}! really sad about it. Maybe possible to peel-cut wires, connect it and check if warranty is no more valid

Attached File  SpeakerLeftWire.JPG   113.8KB   23 downloads

Which idiot has done this???

Now I have to look how I get resolved this "issue", either I have warranty from the dealer where I bought the laptop used, or I still have IBM warranty. I think that audio probably never was working on this laptop, but it also is possible the the used-laptops dealer has done this, so IBM warranty will not count. And actually I do not want to send my laptop fo weeks to repair, so might be I just try to get a new speaker and replace the old one and hope, that the shortcut did not kill anything on the board.

f0rcegr0wn

f0rcegr0wn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Fixed!

Was renaming by previous kext files accidentally keeping the kext extension.

Thank you all!

Battery indication works great with VoodooBattery and eSata works great too but eSata port in OSX doesn't work well with hot-plug. If OSX booted and you connect esata drive it gets detected, but if you unmount in and change physical disk in esata dock OSX won't show it until reboot

Here is "fixed" AppleHDA for Lion. If it won't help I can try to 1) unpair speakers-headphones in sound config - easy fix 2) try to change something else in config - needs deeper analysis

Attached File  T410-Lion-fix-AppleHDA.kext.zip   1.66MB   22 downloads

mango_lier

mango_lier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Silly question, the top of the post indicate that wireless works for T410. Do you mean the built in Centrino 6250 AGN + WiMAX with BIOS update? Or some other card?

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Non of all Intel WLAN cards works in OSX, Wi-Fi Link 1000/6100/6150/6200/6250

Only OSX compatible cards works with whitelisted bios from first post of thread

Silly question, the top of the post indicate that wireless works for T410. Do you mean the built in Centrino 6250 AGN + WiMAX with BIOS update? Or some other card?

mango_lier

mango_lier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, that is what I thought. How about the bluetooth? Same story?. Any recomendations on WiFi and Bluetooth

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
BT works fine with Apple HID devices Keyboard, Touchpad and Mouse. WIthout correct dsdt it gets lost after sleep sometimes and only reboot to windows or ubuntu may help to enable it again.

I updated first post of thread with info about supported WLAN cards

Thanks, that is what I thought. How about the bluetooth? Same story?. Any recomendations on WiFi and Bluetooth

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lenovo, lion, t510, osx, mountain lion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy