[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

Has anybody run the Atheros AR5BXB112 on Windows 7 or 8? I want to purchase it, my only concern is I'll be siwtching back and forth between ML and the Windows OS and as far as I have been able to search, there are no Widnows drivers for this card. Any help will be gretaly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ps;I know OP has stated it does work in Windows I just want to confirm.

I used the AR5BHB92 and if I remember right, I think Windows installed the drivers for it automatically. Not quite the same model as yours, but chances are even if you can't find a driver for it online, it'll work ok (especially on Windows 8). I can't be sure of course without trying it though.

My new problem:

I actually passed down my T510 onto my sister not long ago and she wanted OSX on it, so I did a fresh install in the same way I did (10.8.2). She says she gets occasional freezes (not kernel panic I don't think, it just freezes and she has to hard reset). And also an NTFS drive I put in the second drive bay "disappears" from Finder occasionally. I don't remember having either of these problems when I used it. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could suggest to her for a fix? Or to find out what's happening? The freeze problem is more pertinent at the moment. I already suggested permissions repair and disk verify (the disk is fine apparently, despite her knocking it off the sofa once while it was running..)

It's a bit difficult for me to spend time on it diagnosing the problem myself because she lives > 100 miles away.

Has anybody run the Atheros AR5BXB112 on Windows 7 or 8? I want to purchase it, my only concern is I'll be siwtching back and forth between ML and the Windows OS and as far as I have been able to search, there are no Widnows drivers for this card. Any help will be gretaly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ps;I know OP has stated it does work in Windows I just want to confirm.

Just make sure the Lenovo software is either not installed or you disable the WiFi card in Safe mode. I had the same issue and I disabled it but I believe its the Lenovo system software that is trying to connect to the boxed wifi card.

I used the AR5BHB92 and if I remember right, I think Windows installed the drivers for it automatically. Not quite the same model as yours, but chances are even if you can't find a driver for it online, it'll work ok (especially on Windows 8). I can't be sure of course without trying it though.

My new problem:

I actually passed down my T510 onto my sister not long ago and she wanted OSX on it, so I did a fresh install in the same way I did (10.8.2). She says she gets occasional freezes (not kernel panic I don't think, it just freezes and she has to hard reset). And also an NTFS drive I put in the second drive bay "disappears" from Finder occasionally. I don't remember having either of these problems when I used it. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could suggest to her for a fix? Or to find out what's happening? The freeze problem is more pertinent at the moment. I already suggested permissions repair and disk verify (the disk is fine apparently, despite her knocking it off the sofa once while it was running..)

It's a bit difficult for me to spend time on it diagnosing the problem myself because she lives > 100 miles away.

Thank you for your response my friend. As far as your problem the computer may be overheating I haven't had the time to try it yet but I know there are several temp control options you may want to explore.

Just make sure the Lenovo software is either not installed or you disable the WiFi card in Safe mode. I had the same issue and I disabled it but I believe its the Lenovo system software that is trying to connect to the boxed wifi card.

Thank you for your response I am not running any Lenovo software on my Windows partition. I will order it and come back with feedback.

I'm having trouble getting my T410 (Model 2537KY0) to sleep (OSX 10.8.2). The screen goes "black", but the LCD never turns off. The mouse cursor is still visible, but cannot be moved with the trackpad. The machine "wakes up" when I click one of the mouse buttons. I do not have an NVIDIA GPU, only the onboard Intel 5700 MHD. I'm using Joshhh's DSDT for the T410 and his kext package (installed @ S/L/E) and Chameleon (latest rev).

Other than the sleep issue, I'm not able to adjust the brightness of my screen (neither with display prefs nor the fn+home/end)

Anyone have any hints on ironing out these two issues?

Hello everybody

I have a problem with installing iAtkos L2 and iAtkos ML on my Laptop!

My spec are in my signature with 1.44 BIOS version

It starts but after a few seconds it crashed, with no kernel panic post??

I started the installation with almost all flags I could find on the internet but no luck ,

the longest i got is with -x flag

ATM I dont have other Mac or Hackintosh maschine so I can't modify anything.

Could it be something in BIOS?

Any suggestion please.

Thanks

Does anyone here have any suggestions for getting a Lenovo (Chicony) webcam working in OSX Lion? I'm using a T61, and figured it might relate to this thread. The light on the camera comes on like it's going to work, but it never gets initiated.

Any help would be appreciated (and yes, I've already tried the CamTwist method).

Hi guys!

I have a Core i5 T510 without a Nvidia card, using just the onboard Intel 5700-MHD graphics.

Can anyone please advise me whether the method on this thread is compatible with this machine?

Can I follow the standard instructions from joshhh, do I need to do anything different with the DSTD etc, etc?

I have found 2 supposed fixes for the qe {quartz extreme} problem with the Intel HD onboard GFX, but I have not yet installed OSX...

http://www.insanelym...-graphics-qeci/

http://www.insanelym...-fixed-sl-1068/

Has anyone here tried these yet?

Cheers!

Hi joshhh,

I have sound card cx20858 same as your once but my VGA is GT525M. Could you introduce me to patch appleHDA to have HDMI sound? I found your post in Russian here and tried to translate with google but there is some points I don't know how to achieve (such as pin configuration). I have downloaded your patched appleHDA in #1 post but cannot find 4x 0B 00 DE 10 and 0B 00 DE 10 in the appleHDA kext. Thank in advance!

Hi guys!

I have a Core i5 T510 without a Nvidia card, using just the onboard Intel 5700-MHD graphics.

Can anyone please advise me whether the method on this thread is compatible with this machine?

Can I follow the standard instructions from joshhh, do I need to do anything different with the DSTD etc, etc?

I have found 2 supposed fixes for the qe {quartz extreme} problem with the Intel HD onboard GFX, but I have not yet installed OSX...

http://www.insanelym...-graphics-qeci/

http://www.insanelym...-fixed-sl-1068/

Has anyone here tried these yet?

Cheers!

Joshhh's instructions didnt work for me as I would get FakeSMC Kernel Panics on boot.

I got installed using this guide

http://www.insanelym...el-hd-graphics/

and Joshhhh's kexts and DSTD

The QE fixes I linked to earlier did work so I now have full quartz extreme and custom resolutions without nvidai card.

Can anyone tell me if I should remove the nvidia entries in Joshhh DSTD???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I've installed the files and DSDT for my T410 and everything works (except VoodooHDA) for some reason without any errors. I've tried the AppleHDA for 10.7 and 10.8 with no errors what so ever and no sound. Anyone have any clues what it could be?

At least everything else works fine and speedy on my SSD :)

Appreciate all the help and good work dude!

Why not try my patched AppleHDA.kext for ML 10.8.3? You can download it here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/23-applehdakext-for-thinkpad-t410-cx20585-ml1083/

Updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 using the Combo update without a problem. Woohoo!

Strangely, installer says that the update failed just before finishing, but then I have a working install of 10.8.3 after reboot (did the same thing when I updated to 10.8.2)

Afterwards:

Use myHack to remove problematic kexts

Enable TRIM support (for SSD users: http://digitaldj.net...abler-for-lion/)

All working well. I was having problems with the system freezing 10 min + after waking from sleep. So far, that seems to be resolved by the update (but I'll see for sure after a few weeks of use) Though I still get frequent system freezes about 10 min after waking from sleep :(

Nice to have a problem free update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

today I wanted to install the modified BIOS for my T410.

So I "downgraded" to the original 1.43 and tried to install the one provided by joshhh.

But how can I install the ROM-File on my system? It seems that "Phoenix WinPlash" is the simplest method, but I was not able to find a working version in the internet (both versions I tried produced an error).

Does s.b. has a (working) link for me please?

Or is there a better, easier, ... solution available, normaly I'm using Mac OS, but I also have Linux installed on the system. If Windows is an answer, I have to plug in the original Win 7 hdd to get it working.

Thanks a lot,

mac4tp

Here it is. This one should work from win7

phnx-flash.zip

Hi everybody,

today I wanted to install the modified BIOS for my T410.

So I "downgraded" to the original 1.43 and tried to install the one provided by joshhh.

But how can I install the ROM-File on my system? It seems that "Phoenix WinPlash" is the simplest method, but I was not able to find a working version in the internet (both versions I tried produced an error).

Does s.b. has a (working) link for me please?

Or is there a better, easier, ... solution available, normaly I'm using Mac OS, but I also have Linux installed on the system. If Windows is an answer, I have to plug in the original Win 7 hdd to get it working.

Thanks a lot,

mac4tp

Hi joshhh,

Here it is. This one should work from win7

thank you very much, this one works :-)

Hopefully I have not infected the Windows system with the other versions that where not functional. I've searched, downloaded and unpacked them on Mac OS, but started them on Windows. Because it's on an extra hdd I'm normally not using, I have no antivirus installed on the system ...

Just curious but how dose one patch the BIOS? dose this make the Wifi card work or dose it just allow one to add a working one..

my next question is what is the best method for creating a bootable USB drive to install OSX on here? i tryed something called the snow leo DVD and it just booted in circles never got into the actual install part?

thank you

I think it's same kext that was posted few pages before in this thread. Disappoint you, it won't work with Ricoh reader in t510/410 and w510 systems but works fine in my w530.

http://olarila.com/f...9&t=2709#p25506

Ricoh SD/MCC PCIe card reader works with modified linux opensoarce SDHC driver (recompiled for mac)

There appears to be some hope for getting the SD card reader working. I've sent a message to this user, but so far, no reply. Anyone know what he's talking about?

I think it's same kext that was posted few pages before in this thread. Disappoint you, it won't work with Ricoh reader in t510/410 and w510 systems but works fine in my w530.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodoosdhci/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/VoodooSDHC.cpp

After reading the VoodooSDHC source, I'm betting you're right. Tailing the system.log while inserting a card shows the lines "in power_sd(slot) / baseclock / sd clock" then the machine locks. Mac development is far from my area of expertise, but I'm to tinker around with it and see if I have any luck.

Hello guys i have tryed a few difrent ways of installing OSX and i keep getting suck at iobluetoothhcicontroller start completed i have a Intell I5 M540 with Intell HD graphics on my T510.. i have had no LUCK at all with making this thing boot past that i have evan tryed deleating NVDA and ATI Kexts and booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

Should i maybe redo my USB stick with myhack and just run GraphicsEnabler=No and see whath happens?

currently i am running this type of installer using the T510 kexts http://thetecherra.c...rt-to-finish-2/

thank you for the help

i am trying to install a retail version i just got of 10.8

i am currently working for a old laptop with 10.6.8 that works good.

Hey Guys, please be kind, i´m new to Hackintosh (but i learn fast and know what to do on Windows ;) )

Is there somewhere a real Guide for installing osx on a W510 or is it only the kext files and modded bios?

And after modding the bios, is it still able to be used with Windows 7?