Sound Stuttering with ALC888s

1 post in this topic

this thread was originally about my video card but i realized the problem is not the graphics, its my sound. I'm getting sound stuttering bad with the ALC888s. I have an AMD motherboard. I currently have voodooHDA installed. No luck with it. I've tried turning down the output settings in Audio-MIDI Setup. I've tried installing the HDAEnabler and ALC888 kexts. Nothing seems to change. I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried deleting voodooHDA and using the ALC8xxHDA.kext and enabler from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. With those installed my sound card isnt even recognized. It shows up as Intel High Definition Audio in System Profiler, but there's no speaker icon in the Finder Bar.

edit: So it seems that it is something to do with the graphics thats messing up the sound. I installed using AzaliaAudio kext and the sound worked fine. But when i upgraded from 10.6.2 to 10.6.6 and enabled my graphics card with an EFI string the sound starts to stutter.

fixed: it was a bus ratio problem.

• Like 1