At sea: trying to VMWare Snow Leo on AMD A6-3400m (Gateway NV55S02u))

CDanger

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Short and long of it is: I'm trying to get Logic Pro running on my notebook. I want to get a dependable install method down before I start messing around with a dual boot, so I'm working to get a virtual machine boot running.

I've attempted to boot some of the one size fits all vmware images available online to no avail. The truth is, I haven't seen anyone post about my particular processor (much less my computer), so I'm a little unsure of where to go.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD A6-3400m (Quad-core at 1.4GHz per core) "Llano"

Instruction set: sse2,3, and 4a

GPU: Radeon 6520G integrated graphics

RAM: 4GB

Disk drive:WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT3 ATA Device (Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller)

Sound: AMD HD Audio Device, Realtek HD Audio

Network: Atheros ARB97 wireless, Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet

Firewire: I, uh...

I'm having trouble finding my mobo model, and thus more details— there's not a ton of documentation for the NV55S02u; is there an easy way to find these?

All help appreciated!

-C

http://laptops-specs...s02u-specs.html I have very strong doubts your hardware will work.

You might want to downgrade the strength of your doubts, specifically in terms of running a virtual machine. VMWare is running 10.6.2 nicely from an available image called "Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 VMware image for AMD hosts" — it's through EmpireEFI.

Working on sound and network.

im also trying to install it on my PC.

My config are

M/B: Asus F1-A75-M LE

CPU : AMD A8-3850

RAM: 4 GB DDR3

currently trying to install it on Vmware using the image "Mac os Snow leopard 10.6.6 Intel AMD vmware image".

is it any way to dual boot it with windows 7?

Hello,

Finally after going through many many articles,blogs,forum , successfully installed Mac OS X Snow leopard 10.6.6 on my VMware workstation.

Now trying for dual booting it with windows 7.

This forum helped me.

Thanks! :king:

• Like 1