• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

cheese9000

cheese9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all! Let me just wish you a very merry Christmas :)

I recently purchased a Acer Aspire 5750 that I believed was extremly compatible with OSX Lion and I have seen many successful installs. I downloaded iAtkos L2 (Which took almost 2 days on our hit and miss connection) and tried to install it, but as soon as I see the chameleon boot screen (The one that says press F8 for advanced options) as soon as I press F8 the computer freezes, even if I leave it for the bar to go the whole way. I tried the disk on an AMD PC (I knew it wouldnt work, but it got to where I could enter commands). So I know its not the disk (In some ways). I checked the md5 sum and it matched so that means the disk is burnt correctly (Correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks in advance!
Tom

The attached picture shows how far it gets

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Do you have access to a mac with which you can prepare a retail version of the install media?

If not, the first thing I would do is use nawcoms modCD to install snow leopard, then use that to prep the Lion install. I wouldn't use a dstro.

I've attached the kexts + DSDT you should need in order to get most things working (kexts for a 5750G, I hope that's good enough).

Attached Files

cheese9000

cheese9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the help mate! I know this maybe a pain, but do you know where I could find a well seeded Snow Leopard torrent? ive tried to download loads of different distros/retail copys and they all seem to only download at about 5kbs :P I havnt got a mac so I cant do it that way. I just got the installer to load up in virtual box, so thats definatly a huge start becasue I thought i had a faulty copy. The plan is now is to install the distro under a virtual box and restore the DMG to a 8gb usb stick and see if installs that way :D
Please get back to me and tell me if you think this is a good idea :D (Downloading stuff is quite a pain because of a bad internet connection, so anything over 6gb is out of the question)
Thanks Mate :)
Tom

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Sorry, I have no idea. I bought my Snow Leopard DVD.
You can try restoring the distro dvd to usb but you might need to install a different boot loader.

cheese9000

cheese9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I got lion working in a virtual machine and tried to restore it to usb, but got a kernel panic :( So I burnt it to a DVD in lion to see if that worked, but it didnt lol :) Im wondering wether it could be something todo with my bios? ill see if theres any updates for my bios and report back :)

Just updated the bios and got the same result :( I just wanna find out why its doing this, because so many people have got this working on this laptop :(

cheese9000

cheese9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
found a way to copy it to the usb stick without a kernal panic :D restore iatkos to a seperate partion and then restore that to the usb stick :D it worked straight away (the restore) I will tell you if it works later :D

cheese9000

cheese9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
worked and got it installed fine, installed your kexts supplied but now I cannot get full resolution :( every time I install the kexts (AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) and reboot it says its failed to load them (I could post a picture of it)

MTWomg

MTWomg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Sorry, we don't support distros here.

Piyush Chaudahry

Piyush Chaudahry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
hey cheese i also got a kernel panic bro in my netbook as well but dunno how to resolve it..

can u explain how did u resolve yours ??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iatkos, l2

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy