Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

kato181

5 posts in this topic

hi peeps,

i have built my mackintosh and am running lion and want to use the bluetooth keyboard does anyone have one working on their system?

i have tried 2 bluetooth dongles but both of them have not been discovered.

the dongles that have been spruced to work are D-Link DBT-120 and Belkin F8T016ng but alas both of these are no longer available..

I tried the {censored} Smith (Tandy) bluetooth dongle but it wasn't detected either..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, my keyboard works great on Snow/Lion and has always worked to answer your question. My dongle is in my sig...

IMO, go for one that states "OSX or Mac compatible". Mine works great but will not work on sleep or to choose OS on the Chameleon menu but there is a version of Chameleon that worked with the menu. Also things like the version of OSX work without breaking sleep and such... In simple terms there could be a lot variables that allow bluetooth and its full functionality. Also currently I can't run the microsoft(model 800) keyboard/mouse or a constant key stuck issue happens but I can run other usb wireless or wired keyboard/mouse

As what Hangten said it's better if you aim for a dongle that has os x support explicityly written about it. In most cases, broadcom based bluetooth dongles seem to work the best since thata is the manufacturer Apple uses for the BT based products.

I'm currently using a belkin micro usb

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Bluetooth-Laptop-Adapter/dp/B001E96JBK

Screen%20Shot%202011-12-21%20at%209.14.13%20AM.png

I bought a bluetooth module from a macbook, a 5v-3.3v converter board and hooked it up to one of my usb headers.

I can now wake the pc using bluetooth (magic mouse or a bt keyboard) and it only cost me about £15 to make.

There's a guide on here somewhere of how to do it if you're interested, it's really not hard.