MSI Big Bang X-Power

Intel Core i7 930

HD 6950 2GB

6GB Corsair Dominator

Asus Xonar DX

Vertex 3 120GB

2x Seagate 1TB

Corsair HX650

To be honest, I don't even know where to start. Can someone shine a light for me please? Hoping to get Lion running so I can use Logic Pro for music production. Thanks.

Thanks. I really have done many searches on my motherboard and have found that before already. I don't understand what most of it means though. :\ Should I download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to start off with and go from there?

What’s working with DSDT edits :

Needed kexts :

I don't know how to apply "DSDT edits" and "kexts". So maybe if someone could tell me what to download to start off with and I'd really appreciated.

Also, are DSDT edits and kexts done before the install or after?

1. Download Lion (Either the Gold Master version or the retail one on the app store)

2. Download Chimera or Chameleon, you will need the latest one (these are bootloaders that will boot the os for you)

3. Get an external hard drive / 8gb+ USB stick

4. Read up on how to make the Lion install media, there are many threads on this alone on this very forum.

5. Make the Lion install media (Basically copy the installation files you downloaded to the USB/HDD, then install a bootloader onto it)

6. Boot from USB

7. Install Lion

8. Boot into Lion installation (Using the bootloader on the USB)

9. Install the bootloader to your internal HDD (the one with Lion on)

10. Install kexts by putting them in either Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions and then rebuild your caches and repair permissions using a program called kext utility or kext wizard. (Lion prefers kexts in S/L/E)

11. Install DSDT.aml to Extra/ (you can either extract your own, then fix, or ask someone to fix for you, or you can have a look in tonymacx86 database of DSDTs and see if they have one for your motherboard (quite likely).

That's about it really.

When you come to do updates, before you do, backup your entire Lion partition to a usb hard drive/separate partition/drive using carbon copy cloner.

Then if you have problems you still have a working install and if it comes to it you can always clone it back.

I hope that helps

• Like 1