88 replies to this topic

devfom

devfom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
So I got MacOS to work.

Thanks for solution with GPT style partition I've patched installer and install Mac on MBR.

I've fixed GPU - so now it works fine, and I added it to DSDT.

I just have last issues: I don't have working battery(in this time I installed only AppleSmartBateryManager.kext and iStats always promt me "Charged" and system always think what I'm working from the battery. May be do you now what I must fix into DSDT?

And VoodoHDA always reset "SSE2" mark and sound is a bit laggy.

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I just have last issues: I don't have working battery(in this time I installed only AppleSmartBateryManager.kext and iStats always promt me "Charged" and system always think what I'm working from the battery. May be do you now what I must fix into DSDT?

It should look like:
Posted Image
(in Dockingstation / with power supply)

Just follow the DSDT stuff if it doesn't look like this.

And VoodoHDA always reset "SSE2" mark and sound is a bit laggy.

Yes thats normal. http://tonymacx86.co...hp?f=16&t=29436 (try it myself later)
Make sure you selected:
Posted Image

(for me this is working fine)

devfom

devfom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Just follow the DSDT stuff if it doesn't look like this.

I've followed your guide include DSDT sutff, but I did not see anything about battery on it.

Can you check my DSDT or write which part of "DSDT stuff" I must complete?

My DSDT.aml you can download here-> http://min.us/mbitIxLTop

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I don't changed anything for battery in DSDT so... i don't know why it isn't working for you sry.

EDIT: You used this:

Posted Image

and installed it correctly with Kext Wizard?

devfom

devfom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Yes, I've used this version and installed it with Kext Utility(for many times it works fine).

Also, in the first post you can add what VGA port also works fine, but I also got this situation: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=274268 and thinking about how to fix it.

And last question: do you know about some works with default Wi-Fi and card reader?

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

do you know about some works with default Wi-Fi and card reader?

Tried some kexts but i don't think its possible to get it to work.

devfom

devfom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Finally I got working batery with this Voodoo batery kexts:http://min.us/msXfjaFvL
They don't work with iStats, but works fine with system indicator.
I have last issue - my usb devices don't work after sleep. I've tried USB fix in Chameleon, but it does not work.

Any way, gothic860 very big thanks for your guide, and if you have some ideas about next improvements fell free to ask, I can help you with search or programming stuff.

blunts84

blunts84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Gothic back to bother you some more. I bought the wireless card and downloaded the bios file which is 8buji12us.exe. At this poin i'm confused as of how to add the whitelist fix file .FL1. I even tried going to the DE lenovo site just to make sure the file i'm getting is the same and it appears it is. I have got the hex editor and changing the lines after adding the .FL1 shouldn't be a problem but I am puzzled as of where you've got the 64 bit and 32 bit folders when all i get as bios update is an exe file. Please help upload the fixed bios or send it to me via skype or something. I love having lion on my TP W520 but if i can't get the wireless working it's kind of a deal breaker. Another thing is whatever i tried I can not get my battery to be recognized and show percentage or hours remaining. Cheers, Daniel.

neckcutta

neckcutta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hey Gothic back to bother you some more. I bought the wireless card and downloaded the bios file which is 8buji12us.exe. At this poin i'm confused as of how to add the whitelist fix file .FL1. I even tried going to the DE lenovo site just to make sure the file i'm getting is the same and it appears it is. I have got the hex editor and changing the lines after adding the .FL1 shouldn't be a problem but I am puzzled as of where you've got the 64 bit and 32 bit folders when all i get as bios update is an exe file. Please help upload the fixed bios or send it to me via skype or something. I love having lion on my TP W520 but if i can't get the wireless working it's kind of a deal breaker. Another thing is whatever i tried I can not get my battery to be recognized and show percentage or hours remaining. Cheers, Daniel.

After you've downloaded the exe, when you'll run it (in windows), it will "unzip" to C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\8buj12us Inside that folder is where you will find the environment.dll file Gothic is talking about. I've gotten a hex editor called HxD & opened environment.dll in there, however... no luck finding either
"

C4

E0

E0

7D

74 31"

or

"C4 83 14 89 45 E0 83 E0 EB 00 31 7D"

- Gothic, please elaborate on this!

blunts84

blunts84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
tnx neckcutta and yeh i can't find this string either pls help. btw tnx devfom for the battery fix :) finaly workin battery indicator!

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

tnx neckcutta and yeh i can't find this string either pls help.

I will post some more pictures and steps later today.

btw tnx devfom for the battery fix :) finaly workin battery indicator!

Strange... VoodooBattery works ofc (not with iStats), but AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext was working OOB for me with iStats...

blunts84

blunts84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
so I just checked the Wifi card i receieved and as always lately the chineese brothers have send me the wrong product.... I've gotten a AR5B91 instead any idea if I could make this one work ? I already wrote to the ebay seller and am hoping for a replacement but if i can get this to work would love to not have to wait another 3 weeks for another card.

blunts84

blunts84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok to anyone that's stuck on the part with the HEX editing of environment.dll you need to do a search for string E0 00 74 31
and you will find the right place to edit. Took awhile to figure but at least i did :) Thanks for all the help so far gothic and i will write again hopefully from OS X with wireless access!

neckcutta

neckcutta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
haha, you guys are gonna laugh....
everything went through perfectly smooth until i ran that WINUPTP.exe & got the "BIOS image file is same as BIOS ROM. An update is not necessary at this time" message. what happened was, I already flashed my BIOS to the latest version when I first got this laptop. FML.

any ideas?

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
<- same. I flashed 1.34 then 1.26 (without Whitelist) -> 1.34 (without Whitelist).

1.26 (without Whitelist): http://forum.thinkpa...hp?f=32&t=98815

I don't know if theres a other way then this but it worked for me.

neckcutta

neckcutta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
:thanks_speechbubble: fully functional hackbook complete :thumbsup_anim:
i'm also happy to see a growing community of w520 owners!

theaussiepea

theaussiepea

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
gothic860 thanks for your awesome guide! It really helped with my T510.

Have you had any luck with the battery related DSDT edits over here:
http://www.insanelym...pic=264597&st=0

I'm trying to get bettery battery support (currently just using Voodoo battery under 10.6.8, which isn't detected in iStats). It seems both the T510 and W510 have similar code in the DSDT relating to the battery.

Take a look at my DSDT, if you have time. I've tried converting some of the SBxx lines to 8 bit chunks, but haven't fully figured it out yet. Take care.

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hey,

i "gave up" and sold my W520 to buy a Macbook Pro. Too many little stuff to solve and of course a lot of work to get it really 100% working.
I tied the battery stuff but like you i don't had luck with it.

acediac

acediac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Gothic860, sorry to hear that you gave up your W520! I actually just bought one partially based on this guide because I wanted a good Thinkpad that can also run OSX Lion! In any case, thanks for your efforts, it has saved me a lot of time and research.

With a few tweaks to Gothic860's guide, I've got most things working. However one thing that's bugging me at the moment is the fact that my USB 2.0 ports no longer work after waking up from sleep. Has anyone else with a Thinkpad with the same Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset had the same problems and managed to fix it?

USB controller PCI IDs are 8086:1c2d and 8086:1c26. I've already added the _DSM methods to both EHC1 and EHC2 with the correct "device-id"s and "AAPL,clock-id" 0x01 and 0x02 respectively. Sleep works properly, everything powers down and turns on again when the power button is pressed, but my USB 2.0 ports will not work after that. Interestingly the USB3.0 ports will work.

If you have a similar Thinkpad (T420, T520, W520) without this problem, please let me know so I can narrow down the differences. Thanks!

devfom

devfom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Gothic860, sorry to hear that you gave up your W520! I actually just bought one partially based on this guide because I wanted a good Thinkpad that can also run OSX Lion! In any case, thanks for your efforts, it has saved me a lot of time and research.

With a few tweaks to Gothic860's guide, I've got most things working. However one thing that's bugging me at the moment is the fact that my USB 2.0 ports no longer work after waking up from sleep. Has anyone else with a Thinkpad with the same Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset had the same problems and managed to fix it?

USB controller PCI IDs are 8086:1c2d and 8086:1c26. I've already added the _DSM methods to both EHC1 and EHC2 with the correct "device-id"s and "AAPL,clock-id" 0x01 and 0x02 respectively. Sleep works properly, everything powers down and turns on again when the power button is pressed, but my USB 2.0 ports will not work after that. Interestingly the USB3.0 ports will work.

If you have a similar Thinkpad (T420, T520, W520) without this problem, please let me know so I can narrow down the differences. Thanks!

Hello.
I've tested sleep on my W520 and it fully works - USB2.0 and USB3.0 are both work properly after wakeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy