Acer Aspire 5600

dsalsa

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

If anyone can help me with this issue i installed iAtkos s3 v2 as I have many times before and worked fine. After using Software Update and updating everything except 10.6.8 I got a kernel panic. I believe it was my sleep which I thought only affected OS X updates. Any way I decided to go ahead and install Combo Update 10.6.7 (not 10.6.8 because last time I tried that never got my computer to boot again). After removing sleep and audio (VoodooHDA) and reinstalling audio everything works fine except my computer doesn't seem to detect my trackpad. When I boot in verbose mode I notice the driver is not being installed like it use to before. Driver seems to be in the extension folder and even have a trackpad settings in the System Preferences but yet there is no trackpad detected.

Any suggestions to solve this problem as I've never had it before will be appreciated.

By the way if anyone knows how I can get my 2 cores working as well as I have never been able to get it to work in SL always have to boot with cpus=1 I would really appreciate it.

Acer Aspire 5601AWLMi

Intel Core Duo processor T2050

(1.6 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache)

15.4" WXGA CrystalBrite LCD (16ms)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

It came with 100GB HDD 5400rpm but I'm using an external 160GB USB drive

DVD-Super Multi double layer (support DVD+R Double Layer/DVD+-RW)

Came with 512MB DDR2 (support dual-channel) I added another 512 to make it 1GB

802.11a/b/g wireless LAN which I have never been able to get to work in Leopard or Snow Leopard