App Store - Your device or computer could not be verified

Blah101

67 posts in this topic

I keep getting this message when I try to download from the Mac App Store:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

My reason, I suspect, is because I used the GM version of Lion to install instead of the retail version. However, I did this because people said they were exactly the same. I did buy the retail version, however since I upgraded on my laptop it won't let me redownload it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? My specs are in my signature.

gm and retail are THE SAME! just stop using the GM word, same same same.

if you have problem, then it does not connected to the build, but to your configuration/setup.

most people have problems with app store because unfunctioning LAN, or it's not recognized as "Built in"

you can check it by going to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist (hope i spelled and located everything correctly)

from there find your ethernet device, and check if it recognized as built in. report back

you can try adding Device LAN0 to DSDT,

you need to search first in ioregistery where is you LAN (let say in my case i have P0P5-9 Devices,

and my ethernet is in: Device (P0P9)

so you need to insert method to the correct Device in DSDT (in my case it's: "Device P0P9")

the code you need to copy is

Device (LAN0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x09, 
					0x03
				})
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x02)
						{
							"location", 
							Buffer (0x02)
							{
								"1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}

insert to where your ethernet is located using IOregistery

I am not getting any error whatsoever. I click on "Install" and the button switches back to the price with no error. I see no errors in system.log either. I have tried EFI strings, EthernetBuiltIn, removing NetworkPreferences.plist, removing interfaces from System Preferences, etc, etc. All with copious reboots. Anyone have any ideas?

For those of you having issues actually downloading/buying an app there is a known bug that you have to use certain buttons else it does nothing. The buttons that work best are the little ones in the grid view all others are having issues. I had to look it up myself as I could click on install but the apps would just sit there and not do anything. Good luck with your apps.

I also have the App Store login problem. I can log into iTunes fine, but I can't login to the App Store.

I could login fine under Mac OSX 10.6.8 (although I had to initially delete my Network Preferences file under Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot to fix it under 10.6.8).

Anyone know how to fix it under Mac OSX Lion?

I am connecting via a Realtek USB wireless NIC, as my internal Wireless is not supported by Mac OS. I have the EthernetBuiltIn = Yes in my com.apple.boot.plist file, same setup as 10.6.8.

I have tried making a new Network Location as well, rather then using Automatic, but same issue.

Edit: I just fixed it, I read on another post somewhere about re-installing the wired Ethernet driver (even though I am using Wireless), so I got the Realtek Gigabit ethernet driver from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.7.3 and reinstalled, then followed the procedure of removing the preferences file and rebooting. I can now log in to the App Store

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm desperately trying to fix this issue :

I've a GA-EP35-DS3P, I have a DSDT generated with autopatcher.

Everything is working fine except App Store.

I've this for LAN0

Device (LAN0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0B, 
					0x04
				})
				{
					Store (Package (0x04)
						{
							"built-in", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x01
							}, 

"location", 
							Buffer (0x02)
							{
								"1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		}

Any idea ?

In NetworkInterfaces.plist, i get :

<dict>
		<key>Active</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BSD Name</key>
		<string>en0</string>
		<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<false/>
		<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>IOMACAddress</key>
		<data>
		AB19Aert
		</data>
		<key>IOPathMatch</key>
		<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEX5@1C,5/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx/IOEthernetInterface</string>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
		<dict>
			<key>UserDefinedName</key>
			<string>Ethernet Adaptor (en0)</string>
		</dict>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
		<string>Ethernet</string>
	</dict>

So, as I get :

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<false/>

I understand my lag interface is not seen as built-in.

As Lion doesn't recognize Realtek 8169 anymore, I use lnx2mac driver, latest version.

I you've any idea, I will be pleased to try ;-)

Well there's another work around that I tried myself that works

Topic

That topic post # 9 explains a solution using EFI studio to generate a string that you will add to your boot plist.

Try it out and see if it works out for you also

This worked for me too. Nothing else I'd tried did.

Many thanks,

Max

• 2 weeks later...
Well there's another work around that I tried myself that works

Topic

That topic post # 9 explains a solution using EFI studio to generate a string that you will add to your boot plist.

Try it out and see if it works out for you also

OK, I tried the method from post#9 and got the EFI string. When I have just the EFI string in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist says:

<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>

When I have the EFI string and EthernetBuiltIn=y I still get "false" for IOBuiltin.

When I remove the EFI string and have just EthernetBuiltIn=y /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist says:

<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

Sweet! Right? No. :) App Store still doesn't work. Clicking Install changes the button back to the price and choosing Sign In... from the Store menu does nothing. No errors even in /var/log/system.log. This is the same on 2 different machines. A Tyan S5397 with on-board Intel NICs and an Intel S5520SC with a PCIe NIC.

It seems like there must be something else going one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Full com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>5</string>
       <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <string>mach_kernel</string>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>"Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Try adding

PciRoot

to your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist(*). This is necessary in order for EthernetBuiltIn and GraphicsEnabler to work on many Gigabyte brand motherboards.

(*)note that this file must be named org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you're using the new Chameleon 2.0.

For those using "EFI" Device Properties String, don't add this flag as the Device Properties String should already contain the correct PCI Root.

Try adding

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

to your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist(*). This is necessary in order for EthernetBuiltIn and GraphicsEnabler to work on many Gigabyte brand motherboards.

That causes the system to not boot.

(*)note that this file must be named org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you're using the new Chameleon 2.0.

For those using "EFI" Device Properties String, don't add this flag as the Device Properties String should already contain the correct PCI Root.

This also causes the system to not boot. You are the second person to mention "org.chameleon.Boot.plist", but the Chameleon 2.0 that I am using does not appear to recognize this file. I am using "RC5" from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833

Should I be using a different one?

RC5 is short for "Release Candidate 5", a work in progress. Last week there was a feature freeze, some final adjustments and Chameleon 2.0 was finally released.

If you can't boot with PciRoot set to 1, that most likely means that your PCI Root is really 0. Chameleon tries to read this value from your DSDT, and if it can't determine whether it should be 1 or 0, it is set to 0.

I don't know about the deeper technical details but I do know that this value needs to be correct in order for Chameleon's EthernetBuiltIn and GraphicsEnabler to work.

I don't think updating to Chameleon 2.0 will change anything for you regarding this issue.

I keep getting this message when I try to download from the Mac App Store:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

if you know spanish or use google translate, here is the solution... you must create your profile for your pc :censored2:

and for those users who cant download apps from mac apps store too ;)

this link

Lion Cant buy mac app store

OK, I sorta have it solved. Problem is apparently per user. My user is broken, but other users are not. Tried deleting caches and preferences with no luck. Anyone run into this?

Thanks again for everyone's help getting me to this point.

EDIT: Solution!

-Quit the Mac App Store

-Launch the Terminal (located at /Applications/Utilities/)

-Type the following command into the Terminal and then hit return:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

-Relaunch the Mac App Store, the Debug menu is next to “Help” in the menubar

-Select "clear cookies" in the debug menu first, and second to select "reset Application".

-Profit!

EDIT 2: This worked for one machine, but not the other :/. Both still show the Ethernet device as builtin and one still won't even bring up the sign-in box or install any apps. No errors are thrown....

EDIT 3: Blocking storeagent with Little Snitch will cause this apparently. Duh. Thanks for everyone who tried to help me.

did you try DSDT injection for you lan?

Nope. I don't think it is the same issue though. I have two boxes that were exhibiting this problem. Clicking on install just changes the button back to the price and choosing Sign In... does nothing. No error.

On one box I was able to fix the problem by using the directions here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1740439

The other is not being fixed by this :/.

FWIW the broken one is a Intel S5520SC with a Realtek PCIe NIC. NetworkInterfaces.plist says:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<true/>

I think that the DSDT changes/EFI strings/Boot.plist changes all fix the IOBuiltin part, right??

• 4 weeks later...
-Quit the Mac App Store

-Launch the Terminal (located at /Applications/Utilities/)

-Type the following command into the Terminal and then hit return:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

-Relaunch the Mac App Store, the Debug menu is next to “Help” in the menubar

-Select "clear cookies" in the debug menu first, and second to select "reset Application".

-Profit!

This method doesn't work for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am using the 10.7.2 App Store and iCloud normally with Realtek 8168 Lan. I installed the driver from the Realtek corp. and changed my dsdt at the first, then it worked like a charm!! Here is my dsdt:

Device (GIGE)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
OperationRegion (LANR, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100) // These are my original dsdt setting lines.
Field (LANR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve) // They are not added by me but come with the original dsdt.
{ // So you don't have to add them, unless you have the same machine.
VID, 16, // My notebook is Asus L50VN, with a Realtek 8168 built-in Lan card.
Offset (0x44), //
DSST, 8, //
Offset (0xE0), //
, 15, //
PMES, 1 //
} // End of personal codes.
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
}
{
Store (Package (0x0C)
{
"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x09)
{
"Built in"
},
"model",
Buffer (0x17)
{
"Realtek RTL8168D/8111D"
},
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x68, 0x81, 0x00, 0x00
},
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},
"device_type",
Buffer (0x09)
{
"Ethernet"
},
"name",
Buffer (0x36)
{
"Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}
[/codeBOX]

Here is the profiler:

post-877561-0-53135400-1322407077_thumb.png