923 replies to this topic

Pashulia

Pashulia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hello,

Timewalker's guide is excellent. works like a charm. Thanks him for that. Jus t have a question: is HDMI (Video audio) connection working in dell xps 17 L702x Optimus? or is it just audio out working? 

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,116 posts
HDMI is connected to Optimus from what I remember, DP is connected to Intel, but nobody has provided me with a connector patch to pass audio through.

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:Building Operating Systems from scratch

Hello Everyone, 

After longtime time just checked out OS X on my XPS 17, looks like OS X turned into resource hogger.I really don't know the reason behind this and i don't know why apple not working on reducing the memory footprint where as Microsoft reducing memory consumption with every new update to its existing OS base.

Checkout the pics in order to have a better understanding how memory management working in OS X and Windows. Please leave your comments and feedback on this issue.

11vjybp.jpg

2u6gsn8.png

143i5o9.jpg

106buo4.png

1z2n3oo.png

Windows 7 SP1 RTM

20rpj88.jpg

Windows 8.1 RTM

o05hdw.png

Windows 8.1 RTM Update

20trvo7.png

romturk

romturk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

@mackyreddy i agree that macos uses too much resources and also asks you to upgrade to a new version to use certain software. Like i can use most of the software i use with XP on win8.1 but cant use xcode on older versions. Thats the main reason that i try to upgrade all the time. Still i wonder if it behaves same on a real mac too. anyone ? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy