• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I took your config.plist and updated it with the #s Chameleon Wizard gave me. 

I will be home about 630est and will try to start an install. I am still a little hazy on the usb clover info from the other dell topic that you gave me. 

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Clover Instructions for XPS 17 L702X Optimus. 

1. Format a USB drive (8GB or bigger) with GUID partition scheme and HFS+.volume, naming it CloverBoot (Install Guide: http://cloverboot.weebly.com/)

2. Download Clover and install it on the USB. (customize install, select the Install for UEFI MB option)

3. Download OS X from the App store and follow the instructions on http://cloverboot.weebly.com/ to make a bootable installer.

4. Download my Clover files and put those on the USB's EFI volume.

5. Update the config.plist file. (Update the SMBIOS section with proper serial number generated by tools like Chameleon Wizard for Macbook 8,3)  

6. Put your systems's SSDT.aml file in Clover/ACPI/patched folder. Not Required.

7. Set the BIOS boot to UEFI+Legacy mode. (need modded A19 BIOS)

8. Boot from USB Clover. (if you need to boot into Windows press F12 and select the hard drive usually first or second)

9. Select "Install OS X Mavericks 10.9.2" and press spacebar.

10. Select "ignore caches and inject kext" and press enter.

11. In the OS X installer select the hard disk where you want OS X to be installed. Must be GUID partition scheme and a HFS+ formatted volume. (Format if necessary) 

12. The installer will restart after sometime. Boot again using the USB and selecting "Install OS X Mavericks 10.9.2" (repeat step 9 and 10)

13. This time it will finally start installing OS X on the hard drive. (takes around 20 to 30 minutes)

14. Boot from USB Clover and this time select your OS X hard drive where you installed Mavericks and press spacebar.

15. Select "ignore caches and inject kext" and press enter. (this will start OS X for the first time).

16. Complete installation by installing Clover on your hard drive.

17. Put the Clover files in your OS X hard drive EFI volume.

18. Install the kexts using Kext Utility from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 on your OS X hard drive.

Attached Files

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Ome install USB with Mac os is totally done... The Dell forum you had me go to had me using two USBs... That is what confused me

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

@rlasalle15 - I don't know why too but we don't need to have two USBs. Glad it is installed.

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Oh its not installed yet...I just set up the USB driver with clover and was waiting for you...but since I rebooted. I am not seeing my efi partition on the usb itself. 

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Open Terminal and run:

1. diskutil list (This will list your USB drive number-if you have multiple EFI partitions, you can find it by the size of the disk)

diskutil list

2. Create a mount point:

mkdir /Volumes/efi

3. Mount the EFI partition: (replace the disk0 with your USB disk number )

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Ahh cool...thank you. I am remaking another right now on an 8gb USB I got today. Previously I had it on a 32gb card. Shouldnt be too long. I have all the files. I saved them just for this instance. 

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Taking a while to restart the first time. How long should it take?
It restarted.. 15 mins to go
You the man! It's fully installed! Qe/Ci too ☺

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Glad it worked. I will be optimizing the Clover install and also updating the kexts for AppleHDA. Hopefully by 10.9.3

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Nice thank you! I havent installed VoodooHDA yet..is this the one you are using?

http://www.insanelym...ice-anv-signed/

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hey web if you are around I have a couple questions on VoodooHDA

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

@rlasalle15 - No need to use VoodooHDA anymore. Just use the attached AppleHDA for 10.9.2.

There are four files: (Put config.plist in your EFI partition. Install kexts using Kext Utility)

config.plist - Added AppleHDA kext patching on the fly. Use this config.plist, make sure to update the serial number and other items that you generated using Chameleon Wizard or just copy the KernelAndKextPatches section to you config.plist

AppleHDA.kext - Mostly untouched just added our platform and layout as aml.zlib files for ALC665.

CustomPeripheral.kext - Used to inject our audio device config (thanks to TimeWalker75a)

CodecCommander.kext - Sends EAPD command to our audio device, prevents it from sleeping and stop working (thanks to TimeWalker75a)

Attached Files

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hmm I installed them and it says no audio output device. 

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

It takes a few minutes on fresh boot. Make sure you are booting normally and the kexts were installed using Kext Utility.

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

@mackyreddy - can you put my Clover instructions for Mavericks 10.9.2 in the original post. Maybe update the title to Mountain Lion/Mavericks and post my files(XPS 17 L702X 10.9.2-Clover.zip) and instruction (This post: http://www.insanelym...imus/?p=2009722) as second option after your instructions.

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Yep they were installed normally.. Still no audio yet.

Yep I rebooted for a 3rd time and still no audio Yes all kexts were added with Kext Utility. Updated the config.plst withe new values. 

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

The audio starts 30 seconds after boot.

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

The audio starts 30 seconds after boot.

Yea it isnt working. I did it all the right way. Could I be missing something else? It still reports no output devices. 

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

@rlasalle15 - Is everything working now?

rlasalle15

rlasalle15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

@rlasalle15 - Is everything working now?

Why yes it is. Working on updating the Guide as we speak. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy