• Please log in to reply
921 replies to this topic

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,448 posts

And that's the reason I haven't updated yet, the AppleHDA. :wink2:

Hi man, about the AppleHDA, I mean just patching the binary you know, is really easy: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1898338
And keep in mind these three (3) files from your actual AppleHDA.kext: http://www.insanelym...k/#entry1849500
Note: layoutXY.xml.zlib depends of your own layout-id (usually is 12 = 0C) that works for your codec by DSDT injection or by Enabler.

That's all you need to do about it in ML 10.8

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Ok so i removed Apple HDA, and rolled back to apppleacpiplatform.kext and still unable to boot without use of -x, I went back and used the l702x kexts for the dell still can't boot without -x. I have the unlocked bios with (AHCI?) hard drive enabled. Also when I restart or shut down 10.8.2 it hangs on a gray screen with just the mouse cursor.

Attached Files

cazacugmihai

cazacugmihai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I've installed OSX on my l702x dell laptop using http://iatkos.me/ tutorial and I have an issue with my video card (GeForce GT 555M):

4/3/13 1:49:57.541 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C UID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C TRIGGER:-PT15H ATTACH;VALUE=URI:Basso ACTION:AUDIO END:VALARM]
4/3/13 1:49:57.543 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 UID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 TRIGGER;VALUE=DATE-TIME:19760401T005545Z ACTION:NONE END:VALARM]
4/3/13 2:03:43.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
4/3/13 2:04:04.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
4/3/13 2:04:25.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Mihai

robin_hood

robin_hood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi man, about the AppleHDA, I mean just patching the binary you know, is really easy: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1898338
And keep in mind these three (3) files from your actual AppleHDA.kext: http://www.insanelym...k/#entry1849500
Note: layoutXY.xml.zlib depends of your own layout-id (usually is 12 = 0C) that works for your codec by DSDT injection or by Enabler.

That's all you need to do about it in ML 10.8

Could you pls provide more details about patching vanila AppleHDA for alc665 (l702x).

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Did you try to use NullCPUPowerManagement kext? It might be an issue with your SSDTs. Go through this link which details how to install ML for the first time: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

You might also want to try and limit the cpu to 1 in the chameleon plist.

Could you pls provide more details about patching vanila AppleHDA for alc665 (l702x).

Did you try my patched AppleHDA for ALC665 from the downloads section for 10.8.3. The details are there for you to edit the DSDT for ALC665 and layout. Here is the link: http://www.insanelym...hda-for-alc665/

You can look at the included layout88.xml and Platforms.xml if you want to understand those in detail. Also you can hex diff using tool like Hex Fiend my AppleHDA binary with a vanilla AppleHDA binary and find the differences which is much easier.

Or you can manually patch which works with 10.8.0 through 10.8.3:

Open AppleHDA.kext / Contents / MacOS / AppleHDA in Hex Fiend

ctrl + f to Find Hex, 6202EC10, there should be a total of two occurrences, replace them with 6506EC10.

Also you will need to zero out some hex code so don't get assertions.
Find 0000 in my AppleHDA or hex compare and replace them in the binary.

After that you can remove any HDA enabler kexts.

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and help. Turns out i missed deleting a 2 of the kext files from the system, once they were gone I was able to boot fine. i do have one strange occurrence though. After the screen saver tuns off I am unable to use the left click button on the track pad or tap to click any ideas?

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello guys. I had installed ML 10.8.2 that mackyreddy shared with us some time ago, and I tried to upgrade it to version 10.8.3 using the OSXUpdCombo10.8.3.dmg file, but when the process finished, I received an error, and now I can't boot into ML. My system stops on this screen:

Attached File  IMG_0172.JPG   181.67KB   24 downloads

What could I do to fix it??

Thanks in advance.

cazacugmihai

cazacugmihai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone?

Hi,

I've installed OSX on my l702x dell laptop using http://iatkos.me/ tutorial and I have an issue with my video card (GeForce GT 555M):

4/3/13 1:49:57.541 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C UID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C TRIGGER:-PT15H ATTACH;VALUE=URI:Basso ACTION:AUDIO END:VALARM]
4/3/13 1:49:57.543 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 UID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 TRIGGER;VALUE=DATE-TIME:19760401T005545Z ACTION:NONE END:VALARM]
4/3/13 2:04:04.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
4/3/13 2:04:25.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Mihai

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
@ Zpecter - If you don't have the 3D model then you need to remove nvidia kexts from S/L/E.

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

@ Zpecter - If you don't have the 3D model then you need to remove nvidia kexts from S/L/E.

Thanks mate, now it boots again, but I have some other issues.

I have the unlocked bios and one of its features was the native speedstep, but it's not working for me.

What can I do to solve it??

Another issue is related to Chameleon. I have installed several versions but I can't make it works. I only see the message: "boot0: done" and it automatically boots into windows 8, it doesn't show any menu nor anything else.

What could be the problem??

PS: I have the SSDTs from the first post and the correct ones for my cpu, of course. :wink2:

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
@Zpecter - I would boot in verbose mode (-v) and check the full logs. You can the boot logs by downloading Chameleon Wizard. If you can post the logs I can look at them. Also, you can post your chameleon.plist from the Extra folder so I can see what options are set.

But to try and solve it yourself you can check in chameleon.plist the timeout value.

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

If the timeout value is 0 then most likely it will boot into the default OS.

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello, this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

And where is the log file?? Is it system.log or another one??

ggcpnh

ggcpnh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can some one sand me normal DVD\USB image? i'll tring more 10 times to install mac os but every time i fails ...
2670 QM
GT 555m
A 19 bios

ggcpnh

ggcpnh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So after some time i have got that result
Posted Image

Can u help me?

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello, anyone knows how to patch the DSDT to make the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext work on our laptops?

PS: It doesn't matter, I have fixed my DSDT and know it works.

Posted Image

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello, I have some problems with the keyboard. I have the 'Windows' key, which should work as 'Command', but actually is working as 'ALT', and the 'ALT' key is working as 'Command', how can I change their behaviour??

And I also have another problem. One of my keys is not working or detected. First, I have the QWERTY keyboard layout, and the key on the left of the '1' key where it should be the 'º' and 'ª' keys, I have '<' and '>' keys, and the key on the left of my 'z' where it's supposed to be the '<' and '>' keys, simply doesn't work, I mean, it doesn't show any key.

Is there any way to fix it?

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I am having an issue with the mouse pointer randomly moving all over the screen and opening menus. It continually changes the screen focus. So if I am using pages, it clicks into finder or another application. Any ideas how to fix this it is extremely annoying and can make it difficult to get anything done at times. Help would be great.

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
@ Zpecter - What DSDT fix you applied for the Apple Smart battery to work? What version of the apple smart battery are you using? Is it modified or vanilla kext?

To fix your keyboard layout, you can download a handy app called Ukelele available at http://www.macupdate...>/14495/ukelele

@ Chrisemtpa - What device you use for mouse? Trackpad or a USB mouse?

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

@ Zpecter - What DSDT fix you applied for the Apple Smart battery to work? What version of the apple smart battery are you using? Is it modified or vanilla kext?

Hello, I followed this topic and I had to split some 16-bit registers into 8-bit registers and to add the B1B2 method, which is explained in the topic, to the DSDT. I didn't have to modify the kext, but it seems it only shows the charge on 5 to 5 steps, I mean, 100%, 95%, etc., I have to check it.

To fix your keyboard layout, you can download a handy app called Ukelele available at http://www.macupdate...>/14495/ukelele

I tried with Ukelele, but the problem is the key which is not detected by ukelele neither. :(

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Hello, I followed this topic and I had to split some 16-bit registers into 8-bit registers and to add the B1B2 method, which is explained in the topic, to the DSDT. I didn't have to modify the kext, but it seems it only shows the charge on 5 to 5 steps, I mean, 100%, 95%, etc., I have to check it.

I tried with Ukelele, but the problem is the key which is not detected by ukelele neither. :(

I have the same patch on my DSDT but I'm using AppleSmartBattery kext from Rehabman which works much better.

Sorry to hear about the key binding issue. Maybe you can try this: http://russell.heist...on-mac-systems/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy